So, 4.3 is out. Wonder how long before GPe's get it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They said very soon if you watched the live stream.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
A little worried about HTC's "very soon". Because these updates come from the handset manufacturers, not Google.

Since GE is marketed for fast updates I'd assume it will be okay.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Since GE is marketed for fast updates I'd assume it will be okay.

Well that's what everyone assumed. Most people assumed OTAs on GE devices would come from Google too, like Nexus devices. Clearly they were wrong. Now we'll find out how the OEMs actually treat these GE devices that very few people bought. No more assumptions.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well that's what everyone assumed. Most people assumed OTAs on GE devices would come from Google too, like Nexus devices. Clearly they were wrong. Now we'll find out how the OEMs actually treat these GE devices that very few people bought. No more assumptions.
I do hope they upgrade within a month of the 4.3 announcement. I know that both have a shaky history when it comes to updates but I hope these Google edition devices are taken seriously even though not many people got them. I would also assume since google is the only one selling them via there website that they would but some pressure on the OEM's to release there OS ASAP if they want to continue having a relationship with them (google).

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
HTC's website at one time just after they announced it, said that prompt updates would come from directly from Google. So obvious much confusion even there.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
4.3 has been leaked on the GS4 several times already, the HTC One has been sighted as of 7/8 on BT Sig for approval and I doubt the code that was released a day or two ago was finalized in the last week so its very likely that both HTC and Samsung had the final code a while ago

One would think not needing carrier codes would allow for snappy updates but I have an HTC One DE that has NOT seen 4.2.2 at all and it should have seen it by now. Still I will give them a couple of weeks before I say "very soon" is "VERY BS"

I am looking to convert my DE to a full GE this weekend, will root and put TWRP on it and when 4.3 hits I only need to flash the stock recovery again and update. Pretty easy so the question is when.

One final thought, where is the proof the GPe has sold so few, has anyone officially announced numbers, and given the price point why would either company expect them to sell millions anyways since most US buyers are sucked into the contract discount price anyways.

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to convert my DE to a full GE this weekend, will root and put TWRP on it and when 4.3 hits I only need to flash the stock recovery again and update. Pretty easy so the question is when.

What is DE?

Assuming it stands for HTC with Sense 5.0 on it, can you provide detailed instructions for how to convert it to full GE?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
What is DE?

Assuming it stands for HTC with Sense 5.0 on it, can you provide detailed instructions for how to convert it to full GE?

DE = HTC One Developers Edition (unlocked bootloader for developers)
GE = HTC One Google Edition (running pure android, no sense 5.0 on this one)

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
OK, so does this mean it is impossible to mod the regular HTC One to GE or something similar?

Nope you can root and flash the GE rom onto your non GE HTC One. There is actually a new app that allows you to dual boot your GE rom and Sense 5.0 so you can switch on the fly

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech