Horrible Camera

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
So I have been trying to use my camera but it is horrible! Only the back camera. All the photos are blurry and even when I try to focus it isn't clear. I think that my G-Nex had a better camera than this phone. Like no photos I take come out good. They all are blurry. Is anyone else having this problem? Did I get a defective device? Should I send it back? Thoughts?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
From what I have read on XDA many GPe users and those who have converted have no issues with the camera, they do use the Sense Camera app for the low light situations and more post processing. You will also want a different photo gallery since the Sense camera does not care for the GPe gallery app that is included. Beyond that it works very well.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There shouldn't be any difference with the quality of images between the two devices. I'd suggest cleaning the lens and try again. If I recall, the hardware is the same. Yes, software does a lot to enhance images, but it shouldn't be any obvious quality issues.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kayone73

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned earlier you can download and install the Sense camera app apk file and run both camer apps side by side! In fact I have it set ad my default camera on my GE One.

Sent from my HTC One Sinless ver 2.7 Google Edition rom

RK928

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My camera works fine, but this Sense camera app sounds interesting - I don't see it in Google Play though?

Kayone73

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
My camera works fine, but this Sense camera app sounds interesting - I don't see it in Google Play though?

Its not for download on the google play store, someone ripped the apk for the camera app from the stock Sense rom, you download from XDA forums and sideload installs it. It will work like normal.

Sent from my HTC One Sinless ver 2.8 Google Edition rom

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Sense camera app no longer works on GPe 4.3 just an FYI. HTC has removed the Sense framework required so things are changing. It has been suggested you try Cyanogen Mods camera app.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
To be honest the GPE Camera application works brilliantly for me, while the Sense Camera application is better for photo and video editing. Low-light photos and such will require some manual adjustments by you which can be done on both Sense and GPE camera applications, so there's no real big difference for me.

gilport

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I am actually perfectly okay with the stock android camera. I don't need all those bells and whistles Sense provides. My ONLY HUGE GRIPE about the HTC One GPE camera is it does NOT record video in stereo sound like the Sense version is able to do. I was able to use the Sense version camera while I was still on 4.2.2, and it recorded perfectly fine in stereo, but it no longer works on 4.3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781