IR Remote Google Play Edition

w0by

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has gotten the IR Remote to work on the HTC One Google Play Edition? I've downloaded like 3 of the remote apps that are made for the HTC One but none of them seem to work. Maybe the IR is disabled completely or something?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The framework for the IR blaster is part of Sense, not Android. Since the phone doesn't run Sense, it won't be able to utilize the IR blaster. I can use it on the Sense part of MoDaCo Switch, but not GPe. That said, it is possible some dev out there will figure something out, but it wouldn't be at the top of my priority list if I were them.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has gotten the IR Remote to work on the HTC One Google Play Edition? I've downloaded like 3 of the remote apps that are made for the HTC One but none of them seem to work. Maybe the IR is disabled completely or something?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The GPe does have some pieces of the Sense underpinnings, its not full Sense UI, but HTC did say it was coming later on.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Some folks are claiming that IR works in the 4.3 update. I don't know what app they are using and don't have the update yet to test.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It is possible that the IR Blaster is now working, but there is no TV app like we have (or I had) on the Sense based OS so you likely have to find a 3rd party app to use it.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried in 4.2 to no avail. If they built the framework into 4.3 that's exciting.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried in 4.2 to no avail. If they built the framework into 4.3 that's exciting.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Hmm that's strange that it doesn't work, the hardware is still there. Unless, HTC got greedy and didn't release the drivers for the blaster to Google. Although I don't see how hard it could be to build an open source library for something as simple as an ir blaster, especially if Google builds it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that's strange that it doesn't work, the hardware is still there. Unless, HTC got greedy and didn't release the drivers for the blaster to Google. Although I don't see how hard it could be to build an open source library for something as simple as an ir blaster, especially if Google builds it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

From my understanding, it's more than drivers. I could be wrong.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a question, does Smart Remote have learning capabilities? My LCD TV isn't listed under Smart Remote and on the Sense TV application I'd just tap on "Manufacturer not listed" and then learn every button by holding the remote two inches away and pressing that button. Is there such a feature on Smart Remote? I cannot find it.

Jumpman89

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Google Smart Remote apk and you can download it and extract the apk and transfer it to your device. Works flawlessly.

Posted via Android Central App

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have Smart Remote (got it when it was still in the store). It is an absolutely fantastic application and worth the $10 that I paid for it. If you have an Apple Tv I also downloaded Mac IR Remote. This now works with the HTC One GE as well and is really useful. I never had an interest in having an IR port on my phone in the past, but now that I have it I will probably never buy another phone without one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox