Best way to handle e mail on HTC One GE?

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I'm considering moving from iPhone 5 to an HTC One GE for various reasons. The screen size being one of them. In the past, I've tried Samsung GS3 and Note 2. I loved both, but eventually went back to Apple because they handled unified e mail the best. IMessage was another missed feature, but only because I rely on wifi messaging with my wife in a work situation where I have no signal. I've lost my dependency on other iCloud features thanks to Dropbox and can live without them. My other favorite apps are Tweetbot and Powerfaqs, but the Twitter app has gotten better and Gamefaqs is now mobile friendly. Plus there's Chromecast making Android far more tempting But I digress:

I have a g mail account, but I also use exchange for work and an att.net e mail account which have always looked horrible on Android phones and lacked conversation view. I like the updated g mail, but when I set it up to have those accounts forward to it there is way too much lag time. It's not instant. Is there a good alternative or a good way to have these accounts work with gmail? Also, I'm having a hard time seeing how e mail looks on an HTC One stock or GE. There's not a lot of screenshots out there. If there's a way you can post a screenshot without revealing too much personal info, will you be able to do it? Thanks!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I converted my DE to a GPe and currently have GPe 4.3 on it. I much prefer the email client and gmail client on GPe. First the email client allows me to have multiple corp email accounts where the sense one would allow only 1 (so far as I could tell). I get my gmail instantly, and I set my corp mail to pull at a set interval since I am sitting at my work computer.

There are many alternative email clients and perhaps K-9 being one of them would be a great one for you to try out.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Samsung phones don't seem to do exchange and unified inboxes very well so it's good to know there are options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned by Raptor, there are some really good alternatives. I agree with you, the Email client on GPE ROMs really is lacking and looks quite awful whereas the Email client on Sense-based ROMs is quite wonderful.

Just google "best email clients for android" and I am sure you'll come up with a lot. As Raptor mentioned, K-9 Mail is probably the most popular one.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
K9 does look like it can handle exchange pretty well. I'm probably going to use gmail for my personal mail if I make this switch. You think the Sense e mail client works better than the GPE one? How so?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
K9 does look like it can handle exchange pretty well. I'm probably going to use gmail for my personal mail if I make this switch. You think the Sense e mail client works better than the GPE one? How so?

I am mainly talking about the user interface rather than the actual performance of either. I use the GMAIL application for my GMAIL accounts and the Mail client for my Windows Live account. It handles the exchanges quickly and well, and whenever I mark something as read, for instance, it immediately shows as already read on Hotmail.com whereas some clients I have tried in the past had sort of a lag or issue in handling that.

On GPE, I realized that Outlook.com actually has an application on the Playstore which can handle your Windows Live / Hotmail account and I can say it is pretty awesome. Besides the slight lag in swiping and opening emails, the user interface and features are quite fantastic and it does push emails as soon as they arrive, too.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Email client in GE editions sucks. I also use Exchange for work and Sense Email client is way better than the native email client in GE. There are also other apps - Calendar, Tasks which makes more compelling reasons to have Sense version.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay