• 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By mdandashly
  • 1 Post By Mikhailov
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default HTC One Google Edition - Use launcher on GPe or not

Hi fellas,

I just converted my Dev Edition to fully stock GPe. When I was on Sense, I really enjoyed using Nova Prime launcher, especially being able to have more than 4 icons on the dock and changing the number of rows and columns on the desktop. After switching to GPe, I'm back to having the standard Android desktop icon layout.

Just wondering if you guys with GPe leave it stock or use a launcher. To me, I've always thought the purpose GPe was to have the completely untouched Android experience as Google meant it to be and I really thought I could do so. But I'm really finding myself missing the customization of Nova. Am I being silly? I know I can do as I chose, but just trying to gauge what others are doing.

Default Re: HTC One Google Edition - Use launcher on GPe or not

Coming from a few Nexus devices and enjoying vanilla Android I get what your saying. However I'll be the first to admit I love using Nova launcher on my devices, even my Nexus smartphone's and tablets. Nova still maintains that simple & clean look and allows you to add those extra perks that vanilla just doesn't give you.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

benhmadison likes this.

I've had Nexus devices for a while and I have always used Nova. The only real features I use are locking the icons so that they dont move on accident, infinite scroll so that i can continuously scroll two pages (and to delete unneeded or unwanted homescreens).
    Paul627g likes this.

I have always used Apex launcher on my Nexus phones, and now on my One that I converted to a GPE. There are so many more options with it than rather are with stock.

Posted via Android Central App

I actually don't use a third party launcher. I've used them on Samsung phones in the past to eliminate Touchwiz, but with Vanilla Android, I haven't seen the need yet. However, I am finding my customization options are indeed more limited vs. using Nova.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    adriandb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sjc752 View Post
    Hi fellas,

I just converted my Dev Edition to fully stock GPe. When I was on Sense, I really enjoyed using Nova Prime launcher, especially being able to have more than 4 icons on the dock and changing the number of rows and columns on the desktop. After switching to GPe, I'm back to having the standard Android desktop icon layout.

Just wondering if you guys with GPe leave it stock or use a launcher. To me, I've always thought the purpose GPe was to have the completely untouched Android experience as Google meant it to be and I really thought I could do so. But I'm really finding myself missing the customization of Nova. Am I being silly? I know I can do as I chose, but just trying to gauge what others are doing.

I always use Nova. You can set it up just like stock but still have those extra features and gestures
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhailov View Post
    I actually don't use a third party launcher. I've used them on Samsung phones in the past to eliminate Touchwiz, but with Vanilla Android, I haven't seen the need yet. However, I am finding my customization options are indeed more limited vs. using Nova.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I am not a fan of the design of Touchwiz at all. I do use Nova Launcher on my HTC One (to get rid of the Blink Feed screen) and Samsung Galaxy Note 3. On my Galaxy S3, I used Nova until I rooted it and installed CyanogenMod. If I had the HTC One Google Play Edition, I would probably not use Nova because I am a fan of the stock launcher, which is why I use Nova Launcher.

GPE... Less is more.

i am using ADW launcher, mainly to be able to change the design (icons and so on ) a bit
    HTC ONE M8 / Nexu5 32 GB, black / HTC ONE (GPE converted) / Iphone 5 16 GB

I used Nova Launcher (free edition) on my Galaxy S2 because it was way better than TouchWiz. I bought the GPE and I was excited to try the vanilla Android experience, but after just a few days I installed Nova again because I missed certain things. I'm debating on whether or not to upgrade to Nova Prime. In addition to Nova Launcher, I'd also recommend PowerToggles for those that want to see their battery percentage in the notification bar as well as more toggle options added to the notification tray.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Finglas79 View Post
    I used Nova Launcher (free edition) on my Galaxy S2 because it was way better than TouchWiz. I bought the GPE and I was excited to try the vanilla Android experience, but after just a few days I installed Nova again because I missed certain things. I'm debating on whether or not to upgrade to Nova Prime. In addition to Nova Launcher, I'd also recommend PowerToggles for those that want to see their battery percentage in the notification bar as well as more toggle options added to the notification tray.
    I love Nova Launcher. I use it on every phone that I have. As for PowerToggles...thanks for the recommendation! Is it a free app?

posted on my mobile device please excuse any errors

Personally i never liked any 3rd party launcher . When i had gpe rom on my htc one , i used to keep it vanilla