Newbie Questions

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I decided to take the plunge from IPhone 4 to HTC one and think I made a good choice. I have a few questions that perhaps someone can help me with.
Firstly a rather obvious one. How can I tell if mine is a Google edition of the phone?
Secondly I took out a free trial with Google play music. I downloaded alot of my iTunes onto the music app. I have noticed that the tunes have automatically gone onto the play app. Is it possible to have them stored in the play and not in music and thus saving memory on my device as I'm only 4 gigs from using my 32?
Thanks for any help.
Regards Darren

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I decided to take the plunge from IPhone 4 to HTC one and think I made a good choice. I have a few questions that perhaps someone can help me with.
Firstly a rather obvious one. How can I tell if mine is a Google edition of the phone?
Secondly I took out a free trial with Google play music. I downloaded alot of my iTunes onto the music app. I have noticed that the tunes have automatically gone onto the play app. Is it possible to have them stored in the play and not in music and thus saving memory on my device as I'm only 4 gigs from using my 32?
Thanks for any help.
Regards Darren

Welcome to Android Central :)
1) Did you buy it brand new? If you did and it is running stock Android (Blue icons in status bar) then it is a Google Play Edition. If the battery icon is green then it is the Sense edition.
2) I'm not sure what you mean by this. Is it taking up storage on your phone? You can upload the music to the Cloud so that it isn't stored on the actual phone's storage

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks I think its a Sense edition as I see it in the settings about section. Is there a difference between the editions then as it seems confusing?
I do like to have music on the device so I can use in non wifi zones it's just I notice on Google play the music library is stored in cloud but it has my other downloads on too which is great but wondered if it stored your own music via cloud.?
Sorry if that doesn't make sense lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks I think its a Sense edition as I see it in the settings about section. Is there a difference between the editions then as it seems confusing?
I do like to have music on the device so I can use in non wifi zones it's just I notice on Google play the music library is stored in cloud but it has my other downloads on too which is great but wondered if it stored your own music via cloud.?
Sorry if that doesn't make sense lol

Yeah, I'm kind of confused lol.
Basically the Sense version has a custom skin over Stock Android. Stock Android is simpler so it probably has less features. You can install a GPE Rom on your Sense variant to make it just like the Google Edition.
Ok, so you're saying that some of your music is in the cloud but some of it is on your phone? Or that it's all both in the cloud and on the phone (You have two copies of each song)?

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I understand now the difference between the versions. What is the best way of having your tunes available on the device but in the cloud available to play via wifi. On my IPhone all my iTunes where on the device but obviously would only be available on wifi or 3g zone. Can I do similar with android phone?
Regards Darren

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm