Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zrxoa1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the sound output on One really that great?

I am looking to jump from Verizon to AT&T so looking for new phone. I was hoping you folks would be honest and tell me if the sound out of the One's dual speakers is really all that.

I am leaning towards the Nexus 5 for the pure android but if the One's sound is truly great I might opt for the Google Play Edition. More money but is it worth it?

I appreciate honest replies. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Is the sound output on One really that great?

well,
    i have the HTC one, the new Nexus5 and the iphone 5 and can say that the one as by far the best sound of these three phones.
    It is loud and clear just great!
    The iphone comes in second the Nexus is pretty bad very, very low volume and just one speaker so mono sound.
    HTC ONE M8 / Nexu5 32 GB, black / HTC ONE (GPE converted) / Iphone 5 16 GB
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's great to hear LOL. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't trade my One for a Nexus 5 and the speakers are one of the main reasons.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I am so tired of the crappy sounds these phones put out. My S3 is worse than my Rezound was. The iPhone 4 and 5 were better. But I am more of an android guy. LOL

Looks like I'd better start saving for an Google Edition One then!

Or just get a small, portable set of Bluetooth speakers. They aren't going to be with you everywhere, but they'll sound better than ANY built in speakers.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    Or just get a small, portable set of Bluetooth speakers. They aren't going to be with you everywhere, but they'll sound better than ANY built in speakers.
    Yeah. Tried that. But there are times at work I'd like to simply watch a video on YouTube or a movie and the sound from the phone just isn't loud enough in the work environment. The Jawbone Jambox is nice but I hate having to carry it everywhere! LOL

adriandb likes this.

Yes the sound is awesome and crisp. But sometimes gives a crackling sound , which is not pleasant AT ALL

Quote Originally Posted by sanchitgrover View Post
    Yes the sound is awesome and crisp. But sometimes gives a crackling sound , which is not pleasant AT ALL
    That sounds like something you would want to get fixed. Mine doesn't ever do that.
    Thanked by:

The audio output is perfect and loud. Depends on your environment. Also, the speakers are loud enough, you hear the quality of the audio file, wether good or bad(ie, you watch a video where someone plays a show on their TV, and it's too close to the speaker, you hear the bad recording just the same or more clearly on the One) . I've used YouTube to play crappy videos on other phones, and they still sound like crap on the One, just a bit louder. If the video/audio file is good, the One will play it even more amazing. Also, sometimes, I would find a video that's not loud at all, and have played it on the One, and it was still hard to hear.

Bottom line: Originally bad videos/sounds played on other phones, may be a bit better, the same, or worse on the One. Originally good videos/sounds played on other phones, will be better overall, if not amazing, loud, and crisp on the One.

Yeah, I forgot how bad phone audio could be until I got the Nexus 5. the HTC One sound is full and wonderful... it's the only thing I really miss.

I have one and i really enjoy it while doing homework and i can hear it on full volume all throughout my house!if you want a good speaker!the one is for you!But the Htc one max has some CRAZY speakers

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thank you for all the replies. Sounds like a great device!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I am so tired of the crappy sounds these phones put out. My S3 is worse than my Rezound was. The iPhone 4 and 5 were better. But I am more of an android guy. LOL

Looks like I'd better start saving for an Google Edition One then!

I would just get the att htc one then convert it. I did that and couldn't be happier. The build quality and speaker output are amazing. Not to mention that it comes with a great pair of mic'd earbuds that sound good on anything. I use them on my pc and tablet alot.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by NEXUS_HTC_PS View Post
    I would just get the att htc one then convert it. I did that and couldn't be happier. The build quality and speaker output are amazing. Not to mention that it comes with a great pair of mic'd earbuds that sound good on anything. I use them on my pc and tablet alot.
    How do you convert? Do you have to root to do it? I have rooted a few HTC phones before....

Quote Originally Posted by beiting View Post
    Yeah, I forgot how bad phone audio could be until I got the Nexus 5. the HTC One sound is full and wonderful... it's the only thing I really miss.
    I feel the same way. The Nexus 5 is great, but I sure miss those speakers on the HTC One. I found myself using the One like I have never used a phone before simply because the speakers were just so good. I would listen to music and audio books without ear buds with my phone sitting on my desk. With the N5 it is back to ear buds! Horrible speaker on this thing.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by bmolloy View Post
    I feel the same way. The Nexus 5 is great, but I sure miss those speakers on the HTC One. I found myself using the One like I have never used a phone before simply because the speakers were just so good. I would listen to music and audio books without ear buds with my phone sitting on my desk. With the N5 it is back to ear buds! Horrible speaker on this thing.

Yup, sold the HTC One and bought the Nexus 5. Horrible speaker!!!! But.....I don't listen to just the phone. I have plenty of speaker options and I prefer the android experience (and wireless charging) better on the Nexus series (also have Nexus 7) so overall I am much happier. Will miss that HTC sound though!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    How do you convert? Do you have to root to do it? I have rooted a few HTC phones before....

it's pretty easy as long as you have knowledge of ADB and fastboot commands. Install the GE launcher and your good as Nexus!

Posted via My HTC GPE