1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Google Edition - Can't log in to pre-downloaded facebook app

I got my new HTC One this morning and have had no problems with set up except when it comes to Facebook. I put my username and password in to the pre-downloadrd facebook app and it comes up with a message saying "Login Failed - update to a new version of the Facebook app to log in. You'll also get new features and a better experience".

Sounds great until I go to update the app and when I try that I get another error message which says "Update for Facebook could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error while retrieving information from server. [RCP:S-]."

I did a google seach and came across this thread [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a facebook google play update

but I have tried the fix and that's not working either. Any other ideas?

Default Re: HTC One Google Edition - Can't log in to pre-downloaded facebook app

Thank you so much for this guys. This worked on my refurb HTC One that I just got. I was pulling my hair out yesterday. Make sure you change in Settings to run unknown application before installing the downloaded apk.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC One Google Edition - Can't log in to pre-downloaded facebook app

Just tried the fix again changing the security settings and it worked - yay! Thank you!

Posted via Android Central App