- 3 Posts
HTC One Google Edition - Can't log in to pre-downloaded facebook app
I got my new HTC One this morning and have had no problems with set up except when it comes to Facebook. I put my username and password in to the pre-downloadrd facebook app and it comes up with a message saying "Login Failed - update to a new version of the Facebook app to log in. You'll also get new features and a better experience".
Sounds great until I go to update the app and when I try that I get another error message which says "Update for Facebook could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error while retrieving information from server. [RCP:S-£]."
I did a google seach and came across this thread [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a facebook google play update
but I have tried the fix and that's not working either. Any other ideas?
- 12-18-2013, 09:18 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: HTC One Google Edition - Can't log in to pre-downloaded facebook app
Thank you so much for this guys. This worked on my refurb HTC One that I just got. I was pulling my hair out yesterday. Make sure you change in Settings to run unknown application before installing the downloaded apk.
- By Matt_Zenick in forum Samsung ReplenishReplies: 3Last Post: 12-30-2013, 02:41 PM
- By Serial Fordicator in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 17Last Post: 12-27-2013, 04:01 PM
- By shyam sundar kulkarni in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 56Last Post: 12-19-2013, 07:40 PM
- By arukaen in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 5Last Post: 12-19-2013, 04:06 PM
- By jmettee in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 12-18-2013, 07:37 AM