HTC One Google Edition - Camera/sound questions

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone with experience tell me what the differences are between how pictures, videos and sound turn out between the stock One and the GPE One?

I currently have a stock HTC One, but am considering flashing to the GPE. Some of the reasons I bought the phone to begin with were the sound quality of the front speakers, the low light picture abilities, but mostly, the video/sound quality of videos taken during loud events (such as concerts).

Previously, I had a Nexus 4 and the quality of the video footage I have taken is atrocious. It's unusable if there's any loud noises while shooting. Add to that, a poor low light camera results in unwatchable concert footage. However, last night I finally got to test out how my One performs in a concert situation, and it did so admirably. Video was ok if a little out of focus from all the lighting, and it not being quite as sharp a picture as newer phones are able to produce. But the sound was 50 times better. While not perfect, at least it wasn't distorted and you could still hear all parts of the music.

I don't want to lose these features by flashing to the GPE, but I can't find any real world comparisons between the two.

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone with experience tell me what the differences are between how pictures, videos and sound turn out between the stock One and the GPE One?

I currently have a stock HTC One, but am considering flashing to the GPE. Some of the reasons I bought the phone to begin with were the sound quality of the front speakers, the low light picture abilities, but mostly, the video/sound quality of videos taken during loud events (such as concerts).

Previously, I had a Nexus 4 and the quality of the video footage I have taken is atrocious. It's unusable if there's any loud noises while shooting. Add to that, a poor low light camera results in unwatchable concert footage. However, last night I finally got to test out how my One performs in a concert situation, and it did so admirably. Video was ok if a little out of focus from all the lighting, and it not being quite as sharp a picture as newer phones are able to produce. But the sound was 50 times better. While not perfect, at least it wasn't distorted and you could still hear all parts of the music.

I don't want to lose these features by flashing to the GPE, but I can't find any real world comparisons between the two.

With GPe you'll get "basic" camera (without any HTC perks). GPe is basicaly Nexus version of vendors flagship phones...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol