HTC One M10

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
it'll be interesting to see what HTC does this year, it's sink or swim. They have to freshin up the design, starting with the black bar. I also think they should go over the top and offer a huge battery, as well as a compact version. They'll probably go with the 820 considering they offered the 810 last year.

That said, I'm not privy to their market research so I don't know what the average Joe is looking for, only what I see on site like these. For HTC's sake, and every other OEM for that matter, it's a lot more important for them to focus on the real world than us phone enthusiasts, which obviously makes up a very small percentage of their customer base.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Yes, I agree with your last point, and wonder why they work so hard to produce top-of-the-line flagships with specs that are of little interest to most people. I guess the flagship excitement in forums like this helps to promote the manufacturers' entire range of devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am actually curious if Samsung's choice in omitting the SD Card will breathe a little life in Moto, HTC, and LG sales.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
After owning HTC phones since the Incredible right through to the incredible 2 the all HTC 's ones except the 9. i went with a beautiful big note 4. i was that disapointed in the HTC m9... at first i was in love-. WOW what a phone-. 2-3 months later and now after 6 months all i can say is what a POS. all the rumors iv'e read are 100% true. it lags and lags and lags. now that may be ok to a sammy user afterall they know no better. but to an HTC user again, it's complete garbage. sure the camera is great when it finally opens.... I'll wait and wait and wait for HTC... they could have took market away from sammy with the m9 if they did not get lazy. so release the O2 in 6" and i'll be one happy camper. Samsung will never get another dime from me....

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
After owning HTC phones since the Incredible right through to the incredible 2 the all HTC 's ones except the 9. i went with a beautiful big note 4. i was that disapointed in the HTC m9... at first i was in love-. WOW what a phone-. 2-3 months later and now after 6 months all i can say is what a POS. all the rumors iv'e read are 100% true. it lags and lags and lags. now that may be ok to a sammy user afterall they know no better. but to an HTC user again, it's complete garbage. sure the camera is great when it finally opens.... I'll wait and wait and wait for HTC... they could have took market away from sammy with the m9 if they did not get lazy. so release the O2 in 6" and i'll be one happy camper. Samsung will never get another dime from me....

i don't like to say never, but at the moment I'm not dropping $800 on a phone, especially one that comes locked with bloatware. it's gonna be a tough next few years for the high end smartphone market. people can get similar specs/features, usually a lighter UX with less lag, for half the price. it'll be interesting to see how Apple and Samsung respond to the inevitable slow down ....

I hope these HTC rumors are true ... I can see them tripping over their own feet and not releasing that 6" version outside Asia. I'll have had bought the Nexus and Pure (or Hauwei Nexus) by the time it launches, but I definitely will be interested.

It'll either be a home run our complete failure. Hopefully they'll knock it out of the park cause I've always liked HTC and the more OEMs making great devices the better

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
First peeks at the M10 are out: 5 and 6 inch versions, all glass front, speaker slots at the edges instead of grills, no black bar at all, smaller top and bottom bezels, almost no side bezels (and I'm not sure that's a good thing), power button on top (which I prefer anyways), USB type C, Snapdragon 820, Adreno 530 GPU (nice for the 2k screen and VR), memory will be available in both 64 and 128 Gb versions. Rear camera is a 20.7 Mp single sensor (no Duo, brand unknown, OIS unknown), front camera is 5Mp. The photos of the unit I saw were a black backed model with silver sides, and the pretty metal chamfered edge where the body meets the front like the M8 is back. Oddly, the headphone jack is on top this time, and there are two objects to the left of the USB port on the bottom, which could be the trays for the SIM and SD cards, or they could be for buttons. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I don't think buttons down there would be logical. None of the photos showed the side edges clearly, so I could not see any card openings or button locations there.

If it performs as expected and the photos are accurate, this will be my next phone. Makes most other new phones look industrial by comparison. :cool:

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
PS: I've been reading up on the Snapdragon 820, and the GPU performance is great in addition to being 40% more power efficient that the 810 GPU. Another feature is a dedicated imaging section. To quote Engadget.com's article, the 820 Spectra camera imaging unit "brings a wider range of colors, and a hybrid autofocus framework, allowing you to focus on specific portions of a scene faster. Qualcomm is also tapping into its new GPU to make digital zoom better, with better overall quality and a smoother zooming experience."

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The photos of the unit I saw were a black backed model with silver sides, and

I think you're mistaking old concept renders and pre-release fanboy enthusiasm for actual "photos" and "first peeks." Until HTC coughs up an official statement of some kind, all of the specs people are tossing around are just so much wishful thinking.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
First peeks at the M10 are out: 5 and 6 inch versions, all glass front, speaker slots at the edges instead of grills, no black bar at all, smaller top and bottom bezels, almost no side bezels (and I'm not sure that's a good thing), power button on top (which I prefer anyways), USB type C, Snapdragon 820, Adreno 530 GPU (nice for the 2k screen and VR), memory will be available in both 64 and 128 Gb versions. Rear camera is a 20.7 Mp single sensor (no Duo, brand unknown, OIS unknown), front camera is 5Mp. The photos of the unit I saw were a black backed model with silver sides, and the pretty metal chamfered edge where the body meets the front like the M8 is back. Oddly, the headphone jack is on top this time, and there are two objects to the left of the USB port on the bottom, which could be the trays for the SIM and SD cards, or they could be for buttons. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I don't think buttons down there would be logical. None of the photos showed the side edges clearly, so I could not see any card openings or button locations there.

If it performs as expected and the photos are accurate, this will be my next phone. Makes most other new phones look industrial by comparison. :cool:

we all saw this O2 render but sounds like you saw something different. great write up on the rumored specs, bit how bout a link?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I think you're mistaking old concept renders and pre-release fanboy enthusiasm for actual "photos" and "first peeks." Until HTC coughs up an official statement of some kind, all of the specs people are tossing around are just so much wishful thinking.

I mean, we're in a "rumored" phone section so not exactly sure what your point is. obviously we realize nothing is official til it's official. point of this thread is to share rumors and discuss what we'd like to see in the future.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I mean, we're in a "rumored" phone section so not exactly sure what your point is.

My point is that the words "first peeks are in" and "photos" imply that Altema22 was talking about an already existing real thing just waiting to be unleashed on the world, not merely a rumor that some of us would like to be real.

I've also noticed at least one other web site also discussing the One M10 as though it were an official pending release:

HTC One M10 Release Date, Specs, Features, Price, News, Images

I'm all for speculating, wishing and hoping, as long as eveyone's clear that that is in fact what we're doing. That's not the vibe I got from A22's post.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My point is that the words "first peeks are in" and "photos" imply that Altema22 was talking about an already existing real thing just waiting to be unleashed on the world, not merely a rumor that some of us would like to be real.

I've also noticed at least one other web site also discussing the One M10 as though it were an official pending release:

HTC One M10 Release Date, Specs, Features, Price, News, Images

I'm all for speculating, wishing and hoping, as long as eveyone's clear that that is in fact what we're doing. That's not the vibe I got from A22's post.

fair enough, and thank you for the explanation ... not that u owe me or anyone else one, but it's always appreciated understanding somebody's perspective. like text messaging, it's sometimes difficult to gauge somebody's statement.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
No way it won't. Not with flagship specs like that.

The e9+ was a mix range device sold in Asia, but htc only has enough cash for 1 or 2 product cycles so it's crunch time for them. They know they need a phone and tablet, both flagship and sold everywhere in order to survive.

Then again look at the madness of Samsung.

Neutered the note 5
Not offering more 5 in europe
Note 5 active will be waterproof and have 4100 mAh battery but is AT&T exclusive
SD card version available but not in us

At every stage Samsung trips over itself to **** of it fans and then spits in their faces by offering what they want... Somewhere else.

So perhaps htc might go mad as well after all the HTC one max was a mid range phone, when it should have been the HTC one specced higher than the one.

Same with Lenovo hurting moto software engineers, the ones who have the industry's fastest none nexus android updates and came up with moto assist features that created universally praised software.

So let's hope htc doesn't snap under the pressure and lose its kind.

Otherwise there will never be a htc m 12, then again even if the m10/o2 does well, htc will only last 3 more product cycles. 4 tops.

Chinese handset makers are just killing it with premium phones at cut throat prices and there is no way htc survives part 2019.

Htc m13 will be it's last phone before bankruptcy. But then again think how nice a phone that will be.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
No way it won't. Not with flagship specs like that.

The e9+ was a mix range device sold in Asia, but htc only has enough cash for 1 or 2 product cycles so it's crunch time for them. They know they need a phone and tablet, both flagship and sold everywhere in order to survive.

Then again look at the madness of Samsung.

Neutered the note 5
Not offering more 5 in europe
Note 5 active will be waterproof and have 4100 mAh battery but is AT&T exclusive
SD card version available but not in us

At every stage Samsung trips over itself to **** of it fans and then spits in their faces by offering what they want... Somewhere else.

So perhaps htc might go mad as well after all the HTC one max was a mid range phone, when it should have been the HTC one specced higher than the one.

Same with Lenovo hurting moto software engineers, the ones who have the industry's fastest none nexus android updates and came up with moto assist features that created universally praised software.

So let's hope htc doesn't snap under the pressure and lose its kind.

Otherwise there will never be a htc m 12, then again even if the m10/o2 does well, htc will only last 3 more product cycles. 4 tops.

Chinese handset makers are just killing it with premium phones at cut throat prices and there is no way htc survives part 2019.

Htc m13 will be it's last phone before bankruptcy. But then again think how nice a phone that will be.

I agree with 98% of that, especially how Chinese handset makers, with their high end phones for mid range prices, are putting a lot of pressure on the industry.

I might've misunderstood, but I don't think HTC needs, or should worry about a tablet. I'd concentrate on a 3 tier phone lineup, pretty much just keeping things simple and copying Moto with their distribution strategy. Tablet sales, when iPads, have been steadily decreasing and is stay far away from that if I'm HTC.

Also, I can't blame Lenovo for consolidating, but if they do anything to jeopardize what those engineers that are no longer there have done, I'll have a major problem with it. Even the slightest change can have a huge impact, so I suspect you're right. And nobody wants to see anybody lose their job. And I live on the US, so it's even more upsetting to see a foreign company take over and put 500 Americans out of work. But until I see that decision result into inferior software, I'll reserve judgment. That said, I'd be shocked if they make a great thing better. 99.9% of the time when you mess with a great thing, it just doesn't turn it well.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
IF the M10 looks like that; I would by provided they didn't do something off the chart hardware wise. I find those pictures (1 and 3) attractive.