Can't wait, if it is even half way decent, this will be my new phone

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Can't hardly wait to see what the M10 looks like, and what it is in RL. If it is half as good as the A9, but with a better battery, it will be my daily driver.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
man I sure hope it's a lot more than half as good as the A9 ... camera on par or even slightly below G4/S6, fresh aesthetics, larger battery as you mentioned and I'll definitely consider it. I'd love to see a 5.7" display with force touch and USB-C too.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry fumble finger typing I meant I hope this thing is better than the a 9 in every way. I am eagerly awaiting the M10 and if its the same form factor is the a9 with better internals its going to be a real winner. I just hope they keep the screen size somewhere between 5 and 5.2 inches

Posted via the Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to it.

I have a soft spot for HTC after owning the M7 and M8, thought they were both brilliant phones and haven't enjoyed a smartphone as much as them up until the Nexus 6P I guess. Sure with the latest leak from Evleaks, there are a few red flags (no boomsound sounds disappointing and fingerprint scanner on the front like the A9 imo isn't a good look), but I'm optimistic overall.

I do like the Nexus 6P a lot aside from it being quite a big phone and I do typically prefer phones in the 5" range. I just hope HTC have a really good camera this year and don't skimp on battery life. If they can get those two things right, I'll give the M10 a shot.

I still feel like HTC have the best hardware designs. Despite the A9's criticism for looking like an iPhone, I really like it.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope they're up front and don't release a six inch phone two months later without saying anything. I'm in the same boat as you, I'll probably get the m10 unless it's a total disappointment

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I hope they're up front and don't release a six inch phone two months later without saying anything.
Actually, for me, If HTC doesn't release a six-inch (or thereabouts) phone this year, they're dead to me. I ain't goin' back to a 5" screen, I don't care how good it is.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I feel bad for those who purchased an M9. Waste of money. Then they tried to come here and rationalize their overheating and camera nightmare of a phone. I bet the power button will be in the perfect spot this time. And no gold trim! It's not a watch.

The M9 was a rubbish beta product when it was released last March. After several updates it turned out to be a decent phone overall. Unfortunately, they should have gotten things right from the get go. They better do so with the M10. Tech lovers have little patience and many options.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I still am using the M7 and except for the camera I havent found any phone worth paying for yet. I also only want a phone in the 5- 5.2 inch size so fingers crossed! Except for the crappy camera the only reason I see a need to upgrade is eventually the apps are going to stop working well because they will all be Marshmallow and wont run well on Lollipop (Thats how I gave up the Rezound for the M7). If they cant get a good camera into the M10 at this point then the company should rightfully so sink into the nearest marsh and never be heard from again :) And FYI, I only listen to the on board speakers, rarely ever use headphones or cast to another device for sound. I need my two speakers, NEED!

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
No way will i ever buy another phone with a display around 5", it's just too small for me.

I want at least a 5.2" display but preferably bigger, and front facing stereo speakers with good battery life. Anything less and i will look elsewhere.

I am upgrading from my Nexus 5 this year and definitely know what i want in my next phone. If the M10 falls short for me i will probably go with LG or wait for price drops at the end of the year with the 6p.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish they, and all OEMs for that matter, offered both a 5.7" and 5" (4.7" is too small IMO) for all their flagship phones. I really don't understand why they don't, considering the success of the Galaxy and iPhone. Maybe they just don't want to compete in that space? I really don't know.
Agree. They must feel that the market is soft in this size. At least give the option and see!!

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to go plug in headphones every time I want to run a game or watch a 2 minute YouTube video, so a decent front-facing speaker is important. Two would be better, as sometimes I prop my phone up in my kitchen and watch movies and such while I'm cooking, can't be messing with earbuds there.

5.2 inches minimum for me.

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree with everyone - I've had 4 HTC phones and after being disappointed with the M9 I bought a LG G4. I'm not a fan of the new G5 and the V10 was way too big for my use.
I'm hoping the M10 is bada$$ cause I really prefer HTC's UI.

PLus I don't have Marshmallow yet so that is starting to **** me off too - that's more of a T-Mobile thing though I guess(just ranting :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's almost kind of annoying or sad, because right now, there are A LOT of options for tech lovers when upgrades come around... I'll be waiting for a while, which is totally fine; as I don't want to upgrade yet, anyway... But what I mean is, so many great phones coming up - combined with the ones available right now - make phone lovers like me sweat with all of the different possibilities.

The M10 is on my list of phones to look out for in the future. Unfortunately, that list is getting longer... ;).

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It's almost kind of annoying or sad, because right now, there are A LOT of options for tech lovers when upgrades come around... I'll be waiting for a while, which is totally fine; as I don't want to upgrade yet, anyway... But what I mean is, so many great phones coming up - combined with the ones available right now - make phone lovers like me sweat with all of the different possibilities.

The M10 is on my list of phones to look out for in the future. Unfortunately, that list is getting longer... ;).

There's an abundance of riches but i keep coming back to my M9. I just feel like it is the perfect fit for me. Camera isnt great but i have a DSLR for real photography. I want a phone that is fast and i can use it one handed.

Front facing speakers are a bonus but not super neccesary. I have Bluetooth speakers around most of the time.

Posted via the underrated M9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC