HTC One M10 design leaked in photo

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
HTC One M10 leak shows resemblance to the One A9 | Android Central

View attachment 215618

Very similar design to the One A9 with fingerprint scanner and no boomsound.

Not sure if this is a dummy/decoy, but I don't think it is. I actually like the design, so wouldn't mind if it's the real thing. But no dual boomsound speakers is a shame.

You do realize this is coming from the same evleaks who was dead wrong last year about the M9 right?

Fool me once. Shame on you.

Fool me twice. Shame on me.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally a design to make me go back to HTC. As long as battery life is good and it takes great pics I will probably go with this. I always either bluetooth stream for my audio or use headphones. I personally don't need boom sound and it's nice to see no HTC black bar.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
If this phone is small enough for one handed use(should be without boomsound) I'd be very interested. I understand the want for nice speakers but I'd rather have a Bluetooth speaker for good sound. I'm liking the design though

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You do realize this is coming from the same evleaks who was dead wrong last year about the M9 right?

Fool me once. Shame on you.

Fool me twice. Shame on me.

that was a render though (and still the nicest one I've seen to this day) but this is an actual device.

personally I like it. 9/10 if I need sound on a phone I have my earbuds or Bluetooth speaker on so boomsound is no big deal for me.

they ditched the black bar and HTC logo, so I'm pretty happy. I'm most concerned with the battery and camera. also pulling for USB-C.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
that was a render though (and still the nicest one I've seen to this day) but this is an actual device.

personally I like it. 9/10 if I need sound on a phone I have my earbuds or Bluetooth speaker on so boomsound is no big deal for me.

they ditched the black bar and HTC logo, so I'm pretty happy. I'm most concerned with the battery and camera. also pulling for USB-C.

That's true. While stereo boomsound speakers is a nice to have, it's not really a make or break feature.

More important is that I hope HTC really nail the camera. Cameras in smartphones in 2015 were excellent and they're only going to get better in 2016 - HTC really need to be up there with the best.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Except this doesn't have any markings making it an HTC phone. It is so generic looking it could be any phone. Nexus phones have no company logos on the front. HTC are rumoured to be making the Nexus devices this year. This could be that. We don't have anything to go by except Evan saying trust me this time even though last year he would go after anyone who questioned his M9 leaks. I am sorry. He could be right this time but I am not giving him the benefit of the doubt. He has to earn it.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Except this doesn't have any markings making it an HTC phone. It is so generic looking it could be any phone. Nexus phones have no company logos on the front. HTC are rumoured to be making the Nexus devices this year. This could be that. We don't have anything to go by except Evan saying trust me this time even though last year he would go after anyone who questioned his M9 leaks. I am sorry. He could be right this time but I am not giving him the benefit of the doubt. He has to earn it.

that's fair enough, and I don't think anyone still doesn't have an ounce of skepticism given the render from last year.

there's no possibility this is the 2016 Nexus. Google hasn't even chosen their partner(s) and it takes approximately 6 months to construct.

and nobody has been more skeptical of Evan than me. I killed him on twitter when he said the 6p would have the 820 chip. that said, he has to know that he really messed up with HTC last year, and he's got a pretty big ego, so I assume he's extra careful before posting this.

and let's not act like he's some dope that throws stuff against the wall, hoping it sticks. he's extremely reliable and his opinion matters. the fact AC ran this story, when they hardly ever post rumors, also gives me some optimism.

but part of me agrees with you, I won't believe there's no front branding until I see it from HTC themselves.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
He also said somewhere in that thread that it will have have a 5.2 inch screen but the M10 will be the same size as the M9.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
You guys do realize that HTC is being run by a sharp young lady right now. The previous CEO wanted phones done his way. I am sure this is the device and removing the logo is only something a new CEO allowing others to call the shots in the company would do. Essentially allowing workers in their respective departments to have a say and to improve the phone. Everyone bitched about the black bar, camera, and logo. Well, two of the three has been fixed.

You lost me after "You guys do realize HTC is being run by a sharp young lady". I've seen no evidence of that so far.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
As long as I can get it in silver I'm good. I bet Verizon won't get exclusive rights to silver this year after the M9 bombed. Not a fan of gunmetal.

You mean ALL silver right. Not that Liberace silver and gold combo like last year. I bought that and had to return it for the gunmetal. The gunmetal never grew on me though. I almost got the 6P just to get back to that industrial silver look again.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm sad to say it, but it looks like this is the final nail in the coffin for me. I've never liked the iPhone design, and this is more or less a clone of the older iPhones (as someone said above). Add to that a lack of BoomSound stereo speakers and I'll be passing on this. I love my M8 and the design is more or less perfect for me - but it looks like I'll be going to a Nexus 6P.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Are you saying she isn't sharp/intelligent or that a female isn't running HTC?

It's all relative. You can't be a CEO of a major corporation and not be intelligent any more than you can be a professional athlete and not be a good athlete. However, there is still the cream of the crop when you are in the 1%. She is part of the past crappy decisions that have been made. She is one of the founders is she not? What exactly has she done since taking over. The company is still bleeding money. What are you so impressed with exactly?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. Let's keep it on topic and civil. No reason to insult one another or troll.

If you see an issue please report it to the mod team so we can handle it. Thanks.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Did Jobs turn Apple around in less than a year? She hasn't been in charge at least a year. But you are already slamming her.How many companies or professional teams turn things around in a few months? Get real.

So now you are comparing her comeback attempt to Steve Jobs. LOL. Let's get real here. She has zero chance of doing what Jobs did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde