Anyone else slightly disapointed in the screen size?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really, really want to want this phone. But I'm coming from a Galaxy Note, and I don't think I can go back to a sub-5" screen. I've had and returned several 4.7" screen phones before. I feel like its too big to use with one hand but too small to provide a truly excellent multi-media experience. I'd rather have a 4" very easy to use in one hand phone (ala iPhone 5) or a multi-media 5.5" monster like the Note 2 or LG Optimus Pro.

So as much as I love all the audio and camera tech in the HTC One (two areas that are HUGE for me in smart phones and tech products in general), I don't think I could live with its awkward middle man screen size.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I really, really want to want this phone. But I'm coming from a Galaxy Note, and I don't think I can go back to a sub-5" screen. I've had and returned several 4.7" screen phones before. I feel like its too big to use with one hand but too small to provide a truly excellent multi-media experience. I'd rather have a 4" very easy to use in one hand phone (ala iPhone 5) or a multi-media 5.5" monster like the Note 2 or LG Optimus Pro.

So as much as I love all the audio and camera tech in the HTC One (two areas that are HUGE for me in smart phones and tech products in general), I don't think I could live with its awkward middle man screen size.

Get a DROID DNA or import one of the Butterfly models if you want an HTC phone over 5".

4.7" is probably better for the current average and by average I mean not tiny (4.3" used to be HUGE!) and not gigantic (5.5").

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think the screen size won't hurt this phone in any way. Looks like HTC has a winner in their pocket here.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
4.7 works for me. My EVO LTE is 4.7, and I've been pleased. There are other options out there for individuals who like larger phones. Can't wait until late March!

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
4.7 works for me. My EVO LTE is 4.7, and I've been pleased. There are other options out there for individuals who like larger phones. Can't wait until late March!

how's the battery life? looking to buy one to have as a backup....

2300mah to me is a disappointment and htc can't afford that.

heymecalvy

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I mean I'm really happy about the Nexus 4's 4.7 inch screen. It's definitely on the larger side for a one-hander, but if you have big hands like me, that's not a problem at all. I think screen dimensions are an important factor here too though, like the DNA is really long, so it's kinda hard to use with one thumb

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, very disappointed. Should have rivaled the S4. HTC likes playing catch up every year and this year is no different.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
No way disappointing with the screen size. I am a little disappointed with the size of the device. They should have really capitalized on it being smaller, but alas, we are in the era of gimmicky 5"+ clone phones. Small means bad apparently. Ergonomics be damed

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad that they stuck with 4.7 inches. Felt like thats the perfect balance between screen real estate and pocketability.

I've never understood this line of argument. I can comfotably put a 7" tablet in my pants pocket. Maybe I don't wear tight enough pants?

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I'm glad they didn't make it any larger. Only way I'd have wanted a larger screen would have been with less bezel around it to maintain similar overall size. I only recently moved to an Evo LTE after years with the OG Evo. The size of the LTE is growing on me, but couldn't imagine comfortably carrying/using one much larger. (Thats what I have a tablet for. LOL)

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm ok with the 4.7
It would be nice to have maybe bumped it up just a TINY bit so people would say "the screen is even bigger yet it still the same size in my hand!"

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Smaller phones are better for people like me and Phil Nickinson with small hands :)

Unless you're offering an experience like the Note, is a massive screen necessary?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Works for me if ya want s phablet lg will be releasing the optimus pro and you have the galaxy notes this is a phone perfect for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith