Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Default Re: No verizon??

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Coming to Verizon in June as the DROID Incredible One.
    You joke, but the fact is that this is a very real possibility...and THAT makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Stay tuned.
    Well whatever you know and won't tell us, I am waiting for the Moto X phone, so I have at least until then for things with this phone on Verizon to develop. If the X phone doesn't pan out, I can easily see myself with this baby (of course if it's untouched by Verizon)...on second thought, that probably won't happen. Yup, definitely leaving Verizon the instant my contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by zhawks View Post
    Why can't HTC just sell the One as a developer/off-contract phone that works on Verizon? I'd gladly pay full retail for a bloat-free and unadulterated HTC One that I could use on Verizon's network. I'm tired of the crap on Verizon's phones that I do not want!!!
    Even if HTC made a phone that had VZW LTE bands, VZW still has the right to refuse any "unauthorized" phone to be on their network. What this means, that even if you bought this phone off contract from somewhere NOT Verizon, you still can't get it on their network unless they have made an agreement with HTC to "authorize" it. This is the same reason that if the Nexus 4 had LTE, you still can't use it on VZW.

Quote Originally Posted by cadzilla74 View Post
    A different camera than the ONE as well.

I hope for their sake Verizon announces something soon. Just got e-mail from HTC confirming they will give me a $100 gift card if I purchase a ONE before 3/31. Verizon has until 3/29 to keep me from going to AT&T.

I haven't seen a single phone at MWC that interests me in the slightest as compared to the ONE at this point. I don't want a phablet. I need portability and powerful processing. I've got a plethora of other devices to provide big screen entertainment.
    Not necessarily different. Some early one prototypes had a camera that stacked three 4.2 megapixel sensors on top of each other, with each only being tuned to capture one color. Even though it was only 4.2 megapixels, they registered as 13.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,034 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drumzalicious View Post
    You have to know that the DNA will eventually be getting Sense 5.
    I'm sincerely hoping not.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Well, this can't lead to anything good (in my opinion), if you read the article posted below. If true, I'm giving up on Verizon for a couple of years:
    Verizon HTC One Said to Be in Testing, Release Pegged at 3-4 Months

Quote Originally Posted by nneptune View Post
    Well, this can't lead to anything good (in my opinion), if you read the article posted below. If true, I'm giving up on Verizon for a couple of years:
    Verizon HTC One Said to Be in Testing, Release Pegged at 3-4 Months
    Verizon wasn't a part of the original announcement. If they get a One, it makes sense that it would come later than the launch partners.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Well..seems nothing has really changed. If they're going to release a version of it (IF), then it looks like it'll take some time.
    Today from HTC One Still Coming To Verizon ?

HTC One at Verizon – Release Date Still A Few Months Away ?

Verizon hasn’t yet shown any interest into retailing the HTC One, and obviously, the carrier did not explain why that is. That’s not how it works. However, according to an HTC tipster who goes by the name of @LlabTooFeR (formerly known as Football4PDA who delivered some pretty accurate HTC-related leaks in the past), Verizon is actually working on bringing the HTC One to its roster, and that at this point, Big Red has the HTC One under testing.

According to the above mentioned tipster’s tweet, the One could arrive on Verizon’s shelves “in 3-4 months”, but of course, since this is not official info, there’s no way of knowing for sure if the handset will arrive sooner, earlier than that, or at all.

In any case, if Verizon is indeed planning on launching the HTC One on its network, one has to wonder why isn’t the carrier interested in releasing the handset this month, as everyone else (we are thinking it has something to do with the HTC Droid DNA – which is still pretty fresh)? What’s there to test for the next four months?… Who knows?!… Once again, if this turns out to be true, then it’s one of those Verizon-specific decisions that don’t make a lot of sense. Anyway, we’ll keep you posted as soon as we find out more.

Default No verizon??

Well..seems nothing has really changed. If they're going to release a version of it (IF), then it looks like it'll take some time.
    Today from HTC One Still Coming To Verizon ?

HTC One at Verizon – Release Date Still A Few Months Away ?

Verizon hasn’t yet shown any interest into retailing the HTC One, and obviously, the carrier did not explain why that is. That’s not how it works. However, according to an HTC tipster who goes by the name of @LlabTooFeR (formerly known as Football4PDA who delivered some pretty accurate HTC-related leaks in the past), Verizon is actually working on bringing the HTC One to its roster, and that at this point, Big Red has the HTC One under testing.

According to the above mentioned tipster’s tweet, the One could arrive on Verizon’s shelves “in 3-4 months”, but of course, since this is not official info, there’s no way of knowing for sure if the handset will arrive sooner, earlier than that, or at all.

In any case, if Verizon is indeed planning on launching the HTC One on its network, one has to wonder why isn’t the carrier interested in releasing the handset this month, as everyone else (we are thinking it has something to do with the HTC Droid DNA – which is still pretty fresh)? What’s there to test for the next four months?… Who knows?!… Once again, if this turns out to be true, then it’s one of those Verizon-specific decisions that don’t make a lot of sense. Anyway, we’ll keep you posted as soon as we find out more.
    Blah. This is very annoying to say the least. Think I'm going to grab a GN2 and call it a day.
    nneptune and Jude526 like this.

I'm not sure what to do.. I also don't know if anyone is reading this, but what would you do?
    My Verizon contract is up in June.
    I want this phone and have been following development since December, at least.
    If you were in my shoes, would you get rid of Verizon now and just pay off the contract or wait to see what, if anything, will be here in June?
    I just need some input! Thanks! ..and I won't settle for anything but this phone. Nothing else will do.

Carrier
    Viper

I'm not sure what to do.. I also don't know if anyone is reading this, but what would you do?
    If you were in my shoes, would you get rid of Verizon now and just pay off the contract or wait to see what, if anything, will be here in June?
    I just need some input! Thanks! ..and I won't settle for anything but this phone. Nothing else will do.
    I would personally wait and see. You will probably know for sure by just of it will come to verizon. Plus that will give you time to see the other heavy hitters of the first half of the year. Paying out early Imo is always a last resort

Sent from my SCH-I535

There are a lot of us from another forum who are starting an email campaign to Verizon.
    No, we're not being disrespectful; we're keeping it as professional as we can, but letting the higher ups know how we feel about them not carrying the phone, and how our business will be lost if they don't carry the phone, or their own variant of it. If anyone is up for it, please join us in expressing your opinion to these people. You can email them from here:
    Leadership | Verizon Wireless | Verizon Wireless

Looks like you won't be in the market for a new phone until June. I wouldn't worry about anything right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Thank you @DreamSTi. Here's what the link says:

Back in early February, we caught wind of a new HTC device that appeared to be headed to Verizon under the codename “DLXPLUS.” For those not familiar with the naming convention, think of the DROID DNA as the “DLX.” At first, we were hoping that this would be Big Red’s version of the HTC One because the purported specs matched up exactly, but since we know now that the device is landing everywhere but there, we’ll assume this phone must be something somewhat different. Will it be the DROID DNA+ or perhaps the DROID ONE (not likely “One”)?

Over the weekend, a device under the model number HTC6445LVW stopped by Bluetooth SIG to pick up a certification. While there isn’t a mention of the codename “DLXPLUS,” we’re sort of assuming here that it’s the same device. The DROID DNA runs under the model number HTC6435LVW and codename “DLX,” so it would make a lot of sense for 6445 to be the next in line. Also, the “VW” in the model number stands for Verizon Wireless, in case you were wondering.

In the previous spotting of the DLXPLUS, we got what are being reported as potential specs, all of which match up to the One. The device should have a 4.7″ 1080p FHD display, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor clocked at 1.7GHz, 2.1MP front camera, 13MP rear camera (or is it a 4MP UltraPixel?), 16GB internal storage, Jelly Bean, and Sense 5.0.

It would have been foolish for Verizon to completely pass up on HTC’s newest device, even if they only think they can only sell phones branded as DROID, Galaxy, and the iPhone. But one way to make it fit their needs, is to brand it “DROID,” slap a fun name on it, and then promoted it their own way outside of HTC’s One campaign.

Verizon folks, there is still a chance that you get a device similar to the One, it just won’t be called the One.

Back in early February, we caught wind of a new HTC device that appeared to be headed to Verizon under the codename “DLXPLUS.” For those not familiar with the naming convention, think of the DROID DNA as the “DLX.” At first, we were hoping that this would be Big Red’s version of the HTC One because the purported specs matched up exactly, but since we know now that the device is landing everywhere but there, we’ll assume this phone must be something somewhat different. Will it be the DROID DNA+ or perhaps the DROID ONE (not likely “One”)?

Over the weekend, a device under the model number HTC6445LVW stopped by Bluetooth SIG to pick up a certification. While there isn’t a mention of the codename “DLXPLUS,” we’re sort of assuming here that it’s the same device. The DROID DNA runs under the model number HTC6435LVW and codename “DLX,” so it would make a lot of sense for 6445 to be the next in line. Also, the “VW” in the model number stands for Verizon Wireless, in case you were wondering.

In the previous spotting of the DLXPLUS, we got what are being reported as potential specs, all of which match up to the One. The device should have a 4.7″ 1080p FHD display, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor clocked at 1.7GHz, 2.1MP front camera, 13MP rear camera (or is it a 4MP UltraPixel?), 16GB internal storage, Jelly Bean, and Sense 5.0.

It would have been foolish for Verizon to completely pass up on HTC’s newest device, even if they only think they can only sell phones branded as DROID, Galaxy, and the iPhone. But one way to make it fit their needs, is to brand it “DROID,” slap a fun name on it, and then promoted it their own way outside of HTC’s One campaign.

Verizon folks, there is still a chance that you get a device similar to the One, it just won’t be called the One.

The latest from Verizon HTC One HTC6445LVW (HTC M7) Detailed Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net shows a possible release in May:
    Detailed Technical Datasheet of Verizon HTC One HTC6445LVW (HTC M7)
    Brand: Verizon
    Browse Verizon devices
    Manufacturer: HTC
    Browse all devices manufactured by HTC
    Hardwareesigner: HTC
    Project:Codename: HTC M7
    Browse all devices under HTC M7 codename
    Model:ID: PN07300
    Expected_Release;Date: May, 2013
    Predecessor-Model: Verizon HTC Droid DNA ADR6435 / Droid Incredible X HTC6435LVW (HTC DLX)
    Physical+Attributes
    Dimensions
    (width x height x depth): 68.2 x 137.4 x 9.3 millimetres
    2.7 x 5.4 x 0.4 inches
    Bounding;Volume: 87.1 cubecentimetres
    Mass: 143 grams (battery included)
    Software+Environment
    Embedded+Operating-System: Google Android 4.1.2
    Browse devices running this OS
    Operating+System:Kernel: Linux 3.4.0
    Microprocessor,:Chipset
    CPU-Clock: 1700 MHz
    CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 APQ8064T
    Browse devices based on Snapdragon 600 APQ8064T
    Width:of_Machine_Word: 32 bit
    CPU_Core: 4x Qualcomm Krait 300
    Level;1_cache: 16KiB data cache / 16 KiB instruction cache
    Level-2;cache: 2048 KiB
    Instruction;Set: ARMv7
    Memory,+Storage;capacity
    RAM+type: LPDDR2 SDRAM
    RAM_capacity: 2048 MiB
    ROM+type: Flash EEPROM
    Graphical+subsystem
    Display;Type: Supported
    Display+Colorepth: 24 bit/pixel (16777216 scales)
    Display-Diagonal: 4.7 " (119 millimetres)
    Display_Resolution: 1080 x 1920 (2073600 pixels)
    Viewable;Display:Size: 2.3 " x 4.08 " (58.34 x 103.72 millimetres)
    Pixel_density_(dotitch): 470.2 pixel/inch (0.05402 millimetre/pixel)
    Graphical-Controller: Qualcomm Adreno 320
    Video:out: 1920x1080 (1080p) FHD resolution
    USB Series Micro-B (Micro-USB) with MHL connector

Audio+Subsystem
    Audio-Channel(s): stereo sound
    Microphone(s): stereo sound
    Loudspeaker(s): stereo sound
    Audio;Output: 3.5mm plug
    Cellular-Phone
    Cellular_Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS2100 (B1)
    Cellular+Data:Links: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+
    Cellular;Antenna: Internal antenna
    Call;Alert: 64 -chord melody (polyphonic)
    Vibrating_Alert: Supported
    Speakerphone_: Supported
    Phone_Controller: Qualcomm MDM9615M
    Secondary:Cellular_Phone
    Dual+Cellular:Network;Operation: Selectable cellular module
    Secondary_Cellular+Networks: CDMA800 (BC0), CDMA1900 (BC14), LTE700 (B13)
    Secondary_Cellular_Data+Links: cdmaOne, CDMA2000 1xRTT, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel. 0, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A, LTE
    Secondary:Cellular;Antenna: Internal antenna
    Secondary;Phone;Controller: Qualcomm MDM9615M
    Control:Peripherals
    Positioning+Device: Multi-touch screen
    Primary;Keyboard: Not supported
    Directional_Pad: Not supported
    Scroll:Wheel: Not supported
    Interfaces
    USB: USB 2.0 host/client, Hi-Speed (480Mbit/s), USB On-The-Go 1.3 compliant
    USB Series Micro-B (Micro-USB) connector
    Bluetooth;(802.15): Bluetooth 4.0, Internal antenna
    Wireless;LAN/Wi-Fi;(802.11): IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac
    Internal antenna
    Infrared+Gate: Supported
    Multimedia+Broadcast
    Analog;Radio: FM radio (76-108MHz) with RDS radio reciever
    Proprietary headset as antenna
    Digital+Media:Broadcast: Not supported
    Satellite-Navigation
    Built-in_GPS+module: Supported
    GPS:Protocol: NMEA 0183
    GPS_Antenna: Internal antenna
    Complementary-GPS:Services: Assisted GPS, QuickGPS, Geotagging, Simultaneous GPS
    Navigation_Chip(set): Qualcomm APQ8064T gpsOne
    Built-in_Digital_Camera
    Sensor_Type: CMOS sensor
    Resolution: 2400 x1800 pixels (4.32MP)
    Autofocus;(AF): Supported
    Optical-Zoom: 1 x
    Macro-Mode: Supported
    Built-in-Flash: mobile light (LED)
    Camcorder: 1920x1080 pixels , 60frame/sec
    Recordable_Image_Formats: JPG
    Recordable+Video+Formats: 3GP, 3G2, MPEG4
    Built-in_Secondary;Digital-Camera
    Sensor+Type: CMOS sensor
    Resolution: 1920 x1080 pixels (2.07MP)
    Camcorder: 1920x1080pixels
    Recordable-Image_Formats: JPG
    Recordable:Video;Formats: 3GP
    Power-Supply
    Battery-Technology: Lithium-ion polymer battery
    Battery;Build: built-in
    Battery_Capacity: 2300 mAh
    Additionaletails
    Built-in+accelerometer: Supported
    Additional_Features:

HTC M7_WLV
    capacitive touchscreen
    Corning Gorilla Glass 2 screen
    built-in digital compass
    HSPA+ 42Mbps
    HSUPA 5.76
    LTE 75/25Mbps
    HTC Sense 5
    HTC BlinkFeed
    Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP
    AVRCP)
    DLNA
    HTC Beats Audio
    HTC BoomSound
    UltraPixel camera
    optical image stabilization
    face detection
    smile detection
    BSI sensor
    HDR photo
    HDR video
    Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot
    NFC
    HT40
    HAC (M4/T4)
    micro-SIM
    proximity sensor
    light sensor
    gyro sensor

Carrier
    Viper

^^^ So where is all that from? The link was confusing. Leak or official info?

Sent from my SCH-I535

It's from a site called PDAdb.net I don't know anything about the site, except that it has the specs for pretty much every phone out there.
    My guess is that it must be leaked, since nobody seems to really know anything...

May?!?! That is too late. They need to make it April.

A leak from, of all places, WalMart is showing a March release date and it replacing the DNA:

Article about the possible March release and replacement of DNA:
    Verizon HTC One Release Date Pegged for March

Well drat. I just purchased a Note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

There are a lot of us from another forum who are starting an email campaign to Verizon.
    No, we're not being disrespectful; we're keeping it as professional as we can, but letting the higher ups know how we feel about them not carrying the phone, and how our business will be lost if they don't carry the phone, or their own variant of it. If anyone is up for it, please join us in expressing your opinion to these people. You can email them from here:
    Leadership | Verizon Wireless | Verizon Wireless
    Has anyone that's emailed the management , gotten anything back, as in a email or a call? I did email 1 of the upper management and also got a call back. unfortunately I was in a jobsite meeting and couldn't answer my phone. I called the # back after I got out of the meeting but I got the customer service. I guess the person I emailed had customer service to call me. I wish they would have emailed me. Anyway, has anyone heard back from the upper management about the HTC One. I am on Tmobile now and have been for several years. My wife & I have decided to switch to Verizon. I really want the HTC One phone though. My contract is up on Tmobile at the 1st of June. Verizon & One would make my day.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabun View Post
    Verizon is seriously the worst. I really do hate them.
    The only company I hate more than Verizon is Comcast .

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts

Something will come to Verizon. Guarantee it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

But that Droid DNA can't compare to this one. It is a great phone , but has little storage available. They are two entirely different phones. Different camera , 32GB storage. compare to the 16 G of the DNA Etc , etc. The ONE is the best phone . I read that the HTC One was definitely coming to Verizon. But then again I read that it isn't. It really makes me sick to think it won't be coming to Verizon as Verizon is the only company I can get good reception. AT&T might or might not , Sprint and T-Mobile are non existent in my area. The HTC One is the most beautiful phone I have seen yet.

Carrier
    Viper

I honestly think this ship has saved guys. I'm sure verizon will get something from HTC about mid summer, but it will probably be different from the one. Just like the incredible last year.

Sent from my SCH-I535
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast