What color will you be getting?

What color are you purchasing?

• Total voters

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Black phones always show scratches more easily than white phones.

For anyone leery about the white band around the white/silver phone and thought it was plastic. It is NOT. CNET and a few others mentioned this specifically. It's just painted to give that silver/white two-tone look HTC likes so much. I actually thought the top and bottom back pieces were faux-metal plastic and the rest was metal, like your typical metal phone with antennas on top and bottom under the plastic. But upon further reading, those are actually real metal pieces and they do the whole dual-antenna iphone trick between them, so the phone can actually be mostly metal now.

Yeah, I thought the back was plastic at first too, but upon further inspection it is indeed metal. That's a first, metal that almost seems like plastic, lol.

clubbtraxx

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
There is no white one to get...

Silver, Black and possibly a future Red version for select markets/carriers.

I like the silver but not so the silver+white two-tone, so my choice will likely be black (boring, I know :) )

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Getting silver/white. I had my share of black chamfer bevels with a brief stint with the IP5 lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
.......about whether the black version will likely scratch:

I was going to post my own question before I found it touched upon in here. Aside from the obvious fact that any anodizing is susceptible to scratching or chipping, is anybody concerned? I mean I prefer the black but that's not to say I couldn't "deal" with the silver.

I thought hey let me check out Google because I know the iPhone 5 has some black anodized aluminum on it......what a can of worms that was. Now I'm paranoid. I basically keep my phone in a case all week as I am a carpenter and while I'm pretty careful my phones need protection. When Friday afternoon rolls around I like to take her clothes off for a few days.

I'm not very materialistic and I think I could deal with a few scratches but I also don't want it to look like a POS in a year. I feel like this 4.7" screen could be my last chance before the norm is 5". Besides how much faster can these things get....Speed-wise I'm totally happy with the performance and multitasking of my dual-core S3.....having said that I can see myself keeping this phone for a long time. Any thoughts? Does anyone consider this when buying a phone with black anodizing on it? Thanks. Can't wait for this thing.

PS- Has anyone seen first-hand what it looks like scratched ie iPhone 5 or similar...How bad does it look?

the_EDJ

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Black is always a classic, but the photos don't really look all that great.

The silver/white photos just seem to POP out and really make you want to look at the device. I'll look at both before I purchase them, but I'm going silver. I'm getting bored of straight black devices.

Now release this phone HTC!

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If the silver one was all silver, I'd probably go for it, but not that into the white on the front. That said, I'll probably just go for the black one.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I want to change my vote. The more I see the phone in videos etc, the more I realize the "white" one looks like the aluminum that it is. So for me, today, Black is out and chiseled aluminum is in!

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
The silver one uses raw metal like the iPad or Macbook so you won't be scratching off any paint like the black one. Most of all it LOOKS like metal and FEELS like metal more than the black one will. I dunno how that white strip around the sides will fair though. I've owned a ton of black phones and they sort of blend in with all the other black gadgets, no matter how shiny or fancy the design is. They can be harder to find in dark corners or camouflaged among a whole bunch of other black gear. Dim lighting also makes them look drab. The silver on the other hand will be easy to find and easy to see the details of the phone, without being so gaudy as to be distracting. I might think about the red one though. I've seen a red HTC Inspire (for breast cancer?) and it looked awesome even in bright lighting. Not candy light red but a subdued and sexy textured red. If it's anything like that it will be a tough choice.