How many of you?

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Are going to snag this HTC One over the Samsung Galaxy S IV? HTC caught my eye with this one. Is it worth the money (off contract) and chance to go back to HTC or should I just buy the S IV KNOWING i'm going to get one heck of a phone?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Wait a few months until all the new phones are announced in detail then decide. Or better yet wait for full reviews of each to come out.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Are going to snag this HTC One over the Samsung Galaxy S IV? HTC caught my eye with this one. Is it worth the money (off contract) and chance to go back to HTC or should I just buy the S IV KNOWING i'm going to get one heck of a phone?

I've asked this to someone else earlier today. Seems like it needs to be asked here too.

What has been officially announced about the Galaxy S IV?

Last edited:

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
If I knew I could put a CM10 or the likes of it on the phone within a month or so I'd buy it on release. I like the way it looks, I like the design, the processor, and especially the screen. I don't know which device I'll end up with but it won't have an AMOLED screen. I know that. What's the norm for HTC phones and roms. I've never owned one, are they bastards like motorola always was about the bootloader?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I would wait till the Samsung Galaxy S4 gets official, personally I think the S4 is going to be better. I don't really have a choice as of now though (Verizon -_-).

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Why are you making buying decisions about phones that don't even exist yet? For all we know, pepperidge farm might come out with a goldfish phone that can cure cancer and make phone calls at the same time!

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm also torn between this and the S4. I'm going to wait until I see what the S4 has to offer though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
To early to make any decisions. No official specs on SGS 4 so it can't even be judged fairly. HTC has done a good job though from what I keep reading in all the AC blog reviews.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Why are you making buying decisions about phones that don't even exist yet? For all we know, pepperidge farm might come out with a goldfish phone that can cure cancer and make phone calls at the same time!

Because everyone is going to compare the latest and greatest to the S4. S3 set the bar last time around and the s4 will do the same.

Sent from my Sammy S3

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
To early to make any decisions. No official specs on SGS 4 so it can't even be judged fairly. HTC has done a good job though from what I keep reading in all the AC blog reviews.

No doubt about that. HTC has a winner on their hands. Just curious to see the s4. Wondering if HTC did enough to persuay me (Samsung guy).

Sent from my Sammy S3

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
From the YouTube videos, Sense 5.0 looks far too saturated as a UI and seems like it has a bloat ware effect. I don't care for live tiles either. The S4 we don't know nearly enough about....I'm betting on the S4 by far still. But I will wait out for the new Motorola units before anything, that's for sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Torn between xperia z/zl and the one depending on what's available for me. If the gs4 looks spectacular I'd consider that as well though.

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have always been a fan of HTC and chose the One X as my first venture into Android. I loved the OS, but the phone itself was junk. It was the first phone I've ever had where the screen cracked from a fall and it would consistently lose connection when I was in a low service area, then failed to reconnect when changing locations (I missed a lot of calls and texts that didn't show up for hours). The battery life was also terrible. I switched to the Nexus 4 and am probably never going to look back. I will continue to root for the underdog (HTC) but Samsung has a lot power behind it and I can't imagine that the SIV won't blow the HTC One out of the water.

Chosen414

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea I've pre ordered mine already, and if the S4 is anything like the S3 in terms of design, and anywhere close to the One in specs, i'll be happy...Hate the Samsung and Galaxy Line...they are great phones, for other people im sure, but, personally i hate the feel of the s3, and the i hate Touchwiz with a passion, Sense kinda guy since i got my Evo 3D....and evo 4g lte....

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I love HTC hardware and I'd love to go back to HTC, but after my Galaxy Note, i don't think I can go back to a smaller screen. I'll probably skip the One and hold out till the Note 3 launches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara