is HTC committing corporate suicide with the new HTC One?

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Have they not learned anything from the last year or two of financial downward spiral?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so? As of this instant the HTC One is the best Android phone on the market. Why would it lead to a financial spiral? So long as the marketing is there, they will sell. Samsung's phones aren't superior to HTC's, but their marketing skills are.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
With the phone itself, hell no. The only way they could be committing suicide is if they fail to advertise it enough like they did with their 2012 devices.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Have they not learned anything from the last year or two of financial downward spiral?

So do you see something specifically wrong with the One or are you just another hater who vaguely proclaims the failure of a phone that hasn't even been released yet?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So do you see something specifically wrong with the One or are you just another hater who vaguely proclaims the failure of a phone that hasn't even been released yet?

Conclusions. Let's all jump to them.

As an aside: my gauge will be how many of my family and friends know about the HTC One before they ask me - i.e. if they ask "Should I get the HTC One?" vs. "What phone should I get?"

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I personally hate the new home screen "blinkfeed" thing. If anything this will be the factor that will be debatable. Cant say anything about the battery yet except it better be good.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I personally hate the new home screen "blinkfeed" thing. If anything this will be the factor that will be debatable. Cant say anything about the battery yet except it better be good.

AFAIK, that stupid blink will be able to be turned off, which is a good thing since I also don't like it. However, as we keep saying, we are not average cell phone buyers. I'm curious how regular folks will respond to it.

Cannot really reply to the OP, since they weren't specific about what parts of the One are possible suicide triggers, but I do think well done heavy advertising is a necessary component of avoiding suicide.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

It will be very debatable...actually, BlinkFeed is one of the things I like most about the new Sense!

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Cant say anything about the battery yet except it better be good.

Battery should be good. I'd heard that the Droid DNA has pretty good battery life, and that's with a 5-inch screen and 2020 mAh battery. The One has a 4.7-inch screen and 2300 mAh battery. Although screen and battery charge aren't the only factors.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Then you don't have to use it. :)

AFAIK, that stupid blink will be able to be turned off, which is a good thing since I also don't like it. However, as we keep saying, we are not average cell phone buyers. I'm curious how regular folks will respond to it.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

I'm curious, too. I think for folks like my mom, they'll set up Facebook on it and go to town.

If you don't want to use it, all you have to do is swipe over one screen and you've got the standard home screen.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Well unless it really can be turned off, its still gonna be there, though I just realized there are 3rd party launchers so I guess that solves the problem. I gotta say that this is the best looking phone I have seen... too bad I'm on verizon :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv