Button orientation!!! Y u make me madddd!!!

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok seriously HTC!
I would really love to know who adviced you to use that weird button combo. The phone is sexy as hell, but that button combo just makes me go eh
Why would you take something so beautiful, and just ruin it like that!!
Despite your slow, fragmented updates (Rezound owner that never got sense 4, AT&T One X owner that has never got 4.1, and I know I wont get sense 5 on it) I was ready to take a chance with you.
I figured maybe HTC might see the trend and just make on-screen keys, but no! You have to mess it all up with that abomination that you call buttons.
What target group did you use in your testing? Fire them, they are all morons. Am sure your engineers didn't let you down, so somewhere between the marketing department and the R&D, someone needs to be fired too.

Aaargh!!! So disappointed in you HTC. Goodbye. No more money from me to you.

Maybe next time, where you make a nexus, gimme a call, ok?

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I really wish they used the button arrangement of the One X and left their logo on the back.
They should have just used on-screen keys. And am not loving that new sense either. A very huge departure from android. And am not yet sold on the camera. Lemme wait for the rreviews.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok seriously HTC!
I would really love to know who adviced you to use that weird button combo. The phone is sexy as hell, but that button combo just makes me go eh
Why would you take something so beautiful, and just ruin it like that!!
Despite your slow, fragmented updates (Rezound owner that never got sense 4, AT&T One X owner that has never got 4.1, and I know I wont get sense 5 on it) I was ready to take a chance with you.
I figured maybe HTC might see the trend and just make on-screen keys, but no! You have to mess it all up with that abomination that you call buttons.
What target group did you use in your testing? Fire them, they are all morons. Am sure your engineers didn't let you down, so somewhere between the marketing department and the R&D, someone needs to be fired too.

Aaargh!!! So disappointed in you HTC. Goodbye. No more money from me to you.

Maybe next time, where you make a nexus, gimme a call, ok?

What's the on screen trend? What other phones besides the Nexus phones have the on screen buttons, which take up screen real estate? Nexus phones are so over hyped.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ummmh xperia Z, Motorola droid HD, just to name a few. On screen keys are don't actually eat up on real estate. Put it like this, they are there when you need them, but are conviniently tucked away when you don't need them. How can you argue against that?
At the very least, HTC should have kept a button config that was sane, or kept the one X button config.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ummmh xperia Z, Motorola droid HD, just to name a few. On screen keys are don't actually eat up on real estate. Put it like this, they are there when you need them, but are conviniently tucked away when you don't need them. How can you argue against that?
At the very least, HTC should have kept a button config that was sane, or kept the one X button config.
+

Three phones that don't sell very well does not make it a trend. When you are surfing the internet they take up screen real estate.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
What's the on screen trend? What other phones besides the Nexus phones have the on screen buttons, which take up screen real estate? Nexus phones are so over hyped.

I also dislike how onscreen buttons take up screen space or how they dis-appear if the OS locks up or freezes. I still prefer capacitive that are always there and in the same location which makes it much easier to identify device orientation. And I agree that Nexus devices in general are very over hyped. All this coming from a Nexus 7 owner too. :)

Do you agree that they should have kept the one X button config at the very least?

Yes. I used to even prefer the older four capacitive button layout like on my old Thunderbolt (Home, Menu, Back, Search). At a minimum, it should always be three: Menu, Home, Back.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Disagree with you there, 3 buttons, home, back and multitasking. Multitasking is a must, especialyy if you jump in and out of apps like crazy, the way I do.
Two buttons=fail!!!
Plus I like how you can configure the onscreen keys to look the way you want...

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the look of the 2 button layout! If something like that is a dealbreaker for you, then....well you have bigger issues!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
2 buttons plus a logo in the middle is a big big big issue for me. The build and construction of the phone is amazing, but the button layout is the deal breaker for me. Why, in Gods green earth would they put two!!!! Google were not idiots when they put 3 as the standard android buttons. And am sure they did a lot of research before they put 3 buttons.
I would actually have prefferred if they had put the multitasking key in the middle according to earlier leaks. It would have been odd, sure but workable
on a side note, if the were software keys, somebody would figure how to put back the three standard android buttons

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Lol. You remind me of the kid on YouTube that screams and throws a tantrum because his War craft account gets disconnected or something. Dude - it's a button.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge