I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
will the HTC logo be there in final production? or would that be replaced with carrier logo?

Good question. Dunno yet.

i heard 4.2 is coming...was any date or anything said?

Nobody's said anything about that yet.

and one more thing i never like how the front cameras are located on HTC phones, they are always collecting dust and dirt. is the front camera the same on this phone?

It's in the usual spot, I think. Hopefully won't collect gunk as much as the HOX. We'll see.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Speakers - how amazing are they? Loudness good enough to hear in the shower?

Depends on the shower, I guess. :p It'll be close.

IR Blaster - any chance there will be 3rd party apps to open it up for more universal use? I assume it can't "learn"...

I think they plan to open it up, yeah. Not expecting a lot there, though.

Screen Brightness - what is the max brightness on the screen compared to what you tested? Curious on it's readability in direct sunlight

Haven't used it outside yet. But if it's as good as SLCD2, it should be just fine.

Camera - will it suddenly make sexy girls appear and perform provocative poses when I whip out my HTC ONE and yell out, "TIME FOR A ZOEY!" ?

lmao

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I know it's been asked, but maybe you've had more time to play around with the phone....

Multitasking. Is it the same as Sense 4? I.e. terrible. Or will it have true multitasking?

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I found it curious that the phone is lacking Qi charging (wireless charging), was this question addressed with HTC?

Sorry to jump in here, but there's no way to do wireless charging with an all aluminum body.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Best speakers for media consumption on a phone so far?

Is there a default/stock remote control app that uses the IR blaster?

dgwphotography

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
With my HTC One S, the multi-task button can double as a menu button, so we don't lose screen real estate with the black bar for the 3-dotted on screen menu button. Sine the One loses a button, can we set up one of the existing buttons to double as a menu button?

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
With my HTC One S, the multi-task button can double as a menu button, so we don't lose screen real estate with the black bar for the 3-dotted on screen menu button. Sine the One loses a button, can we set up one of the existing buttons to double as a menu button?

This.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Here's a crazy question: How do phone calls sound?
For those of us who still use our devices to make actual voice calls. :)

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Does the HTC One have the animated weather/clock widget like on the HTC One X?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I heard that you can double up the back button for the menu button by long press and double up the home button for the multi tasking button by double tapping, is there anyway to switch those two gestures? To me it makes more sense to long press the back button to get multi tasking (like windows phone) and mapping the menu button to the home button.

Also, in HTC's IR software, is there a way to configure it to work with an Apple TV? And does the aluminum "feel" like the iPhone or more like HTC's past metal phones like the Inspire 4g?