I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
How many microphones are there?
From pictures I have seen. I
Counted 3 little holes. One on
The bottom of the phone, one in the back near the camera, and one
On the top left side(rail) of the phone
Where the micro usb port is on the
Evo 4G LTE.
Thanks

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
How is the performance compared to an AOSP or CM/AOKP phone (s3, One X, EVO LTE, N4...you pick). I have two of the EVO LTE's and the overall performance doesn't measure up to the S3 or an EVO LTE with CM on it. I'm hoping Sense 5 is much speedier. The BIGGEST problem i've had with my EVO LTE's is that the Browser performance doesn't compare to it with CM or an S3. Image heavy sites sutter and fail (boat, chrome, dolphin and stock) while Stock on S3 TW or CM is literally Apple Smooth. I'm wondering if the increase in RAM and processor has fixed this. Its painful to go from a CM rom back to a Sense rom. Here is hoping its not anymore because the HTC camera is a lifesaver with the kids

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
How is the performance compared to an AOSP or CM/AOKP phone (s3, One X, EVO LTE, N4...you pick). I have two of the EVO LTE's and the overall performance doesn't measure up to the S3 or an EVO LTE with CM on it. I'm hoping Sense 5 is much speedier. The BIGGEST problem i've had with my EVO LTE's is that the Browser performance doesn't compare to it with CM or an S3. Image heavy sites sutter and fail (boat, chrome, dolphin and stock) while Stock on S3 TW or CM is literally Apple Smooth. I'm wondering if the increase in RAM and processor has fixed this. Its painful to go from a CM rom back to a Sense rom. Here is hoping its not anymore because the HTC camera is a lifesaver with the kids

You just named, like, seven devices with 7,000 variables. :)

david279

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Still have custom lock screens? Weather, stocks, etc...

Also how fast does it boot up?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've had both the EVO 4G as well as the LTE version, and it seemed that the 4G LTE was plauged by hardware issues. I went through 3 of them before my carrier gave me the option to switch to the SGS3 (which I did) so I hope HTC has fixed some of their quality control issues before I decide to come back.

But from a software perspective, has HTC added a drop down toggle bar for BT, WiFi, Sound/Vibrate, Mobile Data, etc...much as Samsung did? None of the 3rd Party apps I tried seemed to do the job as good as an integrated solution. Also, I had to click through a number of screens when turning on Navigation with the HTC 4G LTE. With Samsung it's just one click, has HTC improved that process?

I also thought the kickstand was a great feature and used it a lot, although the power / usb port made it more inconvienent to use on the 4G LTE than on the original EVO 4G. It'd probably be difficult to implement with a uni-body design, but did they have any input about this particular design change? The case might be a good option, but I'll miss the kickstand with the bright red inset!

David

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Does the HTC One have the animated weather/clock widget like on the HTC One X?

I hope the old one (or something similar) is still in there, too. One of my first thoughts was how plain-jane the monochrome weather/clock widget looks in all the pics. Seems shockingly plain/dated, given the nice high-res display.

At least they put the microUSB port on the bottom....

Amen to that! Still not used to it being on the side of my Evo LTE.

goggles6

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the HTC EVO LTE on sprint. We all know how in love @philnickinson is with this thing. (i say that cause i'm not sure if i can tag him or not, if you can, someone please do that for me). Battery life on it: pretty good, at 2100 mAh. Is it worth it for the extra 200 mAh? I'd be losing a kickstand (returned to me with a flip case) and a microsd card slot (but could grab the big mama 64 GB version). So spec wise, I'm not sure if its worth the Upgrade? I also have no upgrade and would have to pay full price. If the EVO LTE does not get 4.2 jb, ill be okay, so long as it get sense 5. if it 4.2 jb but not sense 5, ill still be sort of ok. If it gets neither, i'll be pissed. I've also been saving for an N10 tab, but now i'm waiting for the refresh at I/O. In short, I can't decide, get the ONE and kill off my EVO and skip out on the tablet? or Keep my EVO , wait 1.5 years til my upgrade on sprint, and grab me that nice new tab?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I currently have the HTC EVO LTE on sprint. We all know how in love @philnickinson is with this thing. (i say that cause i'm not sure if i can tag him or not, if you can, someone please do that for me). Battery life on it: pretty good, at 2100 mAh. Is it worth it for the extra 200 mAh? I'd be losing a kickstand (returned to me with a flip case) and a microsd card slot (but could grab the big mama 64 GB version). So spec wise, I'm not sure if its worth the Upgrade? I also have no upgrade and would have to pay full price. If the EVO LTE does not get 4.2 jb, ill be okay, so long as it get sense 5. if it 4.2 jb but not sense 5, ill still be sort of ok. If it gets neither, i'll be pissed. I've also been saving for an N10 tab, but now i'm waiting for the refresh at I/O. In short, I can't decide, get the ONE and kill off my EVO and skip out on the tablet? or Keep my EVO , wait 1.5 years til my upgrade on sprint, and grab me that nice new tab?

Might be worth it for the SoC and more RAM ... Never mind the better camera? We'll just have to see.

And right now I'd say I'm in lust. Can't love something without doing more than feeling it up. :p

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure hoping that they don't have much more tinkering to do with the camera, as I just spoke minutes ago with HTC. Supposedly it will be available in the "next 7 days" with ATT. And she was quite sure. If so, tinkering time is up. I'm really interested in the call quality as I am hard of hearing. Any news?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I heard that you can double up the back button for the menu button by long press and double up the home button for the multi tasking button by double tapping, is there anyway to switch those two gestures? To me it makes more sense to long press the back button to get multi tasking (like windows phone) and mapping the menu button to the home button.

Also, in HTC's IR software, is there a way to configure it to work with an Apple TV? And does the aluminum "feel" like the iPhone or more like HTC's past metal phones like the Inspire 4g?

Already stated that it feels like aluminum. No finish on top of it. :)

jmitr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
1. Does the personalize option still include "scenes "?

I use my phone for work (Airline Pilot) and personal. Obviously, my "app usage " is very different at work or home. I have always used an HTC in part because of scenes. When I am at work, I just select "work " and my homescreens change to all my aviation apps and widgets. This is not a feature I want to lose.

2. Can you disable the clock / weather widget in the app drawer?

When I am at work, and am off flying I obviously make use of flight mode lots. For this reason, my work scene never includes any kind of weather clock, I have Metar widgets for that. Having the standard widget omni present in the app drawer would be annoying.

Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I hope the old one (or something similar) is still in there, too. One of my first thoughts was how plain-jane the monochrome weather/clock widget looks in all the pics. Seems shockingly plain/dated, given the nice high-res display.

I know! I miss the clock and animations I had on my HTC Rezound when I switched to AT&T and got the Samsung Galaxy S3. I actually had to buy Beautiful Widgets, but that's still not close enough to the old Sense Clock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Arty Marty

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Already stated that it feels like aluminum. No finish on top of it. :)

The metal will be anodised. Black obviously for the black one, and clear for the silver one. You can't leave Aluminium bare as it will oxidise. Anodising is a 'controlled' oxidisation that 'seals' it, and also the process makes the aluminium much tougher, scratch resistant etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power