I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

jmitr

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I know! I miss the clock and animations I had on my HTC Rezound when I switched to AT&T and got the Samsung Galaxy S3. I actually had to buy Beautiful Widgets, but that's still not close enough to the old Sense Clock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Phil will say for sure, but the Mobile syrup reviewer noted the old style weather clock is still available as a widget, it is simply not already on a homescreen by default. Default is blink and one blank "Home " screen.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

skrybe

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
The specs show the One doesn't have removable storage, is that true? And if so, any idea why HTC didn't include it? (I've got a 3 month old 32gb card for my Desire HD and I feel like it's gonna be wasted)

Any idea how the scaling works with such a large screen? Do widgets/icons look weird compared to a lower res version?

yokken

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Seriously though, how out-of-reach is that power button? I hate having to readjust the phone in my hand (and risk dropping it in the process) just to lock and unlock the screen.

david279

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Seriously though, how out-of-reach is that power button? I hate having to readjust the phone in my hand (and risk dropping it in the process) just to lock and unlock the screen.

It's the opposite placement of the evo lte button. You'll get used to it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

yokken

May 12, 2012
Visit site
It's the opposite placement of the evo lte button. You'll get used to it.

I've become quite used to having the power button on the side since my SGS2, SGS3, and Nexus 4. I like almost everything else about this phone, but man... why the top? Why? Is there any functional reason for putting it so high up?

david279

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Its not that bad. Don't get a headache over it, you'll get used to it. Great phone either way.

Also remember its a IR sensor. Nobody uses their remote control from the side.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

yokken

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Its not that bad. Don't get a headache over it, you'll get used to it. Great phone either way.

Also remember its a IR sensor. Nobody uses their remote control from the side.

I honestly don't care about the IR blaster, and will never use it. It seems like a fluff feature to me. Cool idea, but I doubt there will be many apps that use it. Why not focus on ergonomics? I feel like I'm gonna get carpal tunnel every time I use my friend's Evo LTE... and my hands aren't small by any means.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Phil will say for sure, but the Mobile syrup reviewer noted the old style weather clock is still available as a widget, it is simply not already on a homescreen by default. Default is blink and one blank "Home " screen.

That's good news then. I can't wait to get this phone!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The metal will be anodised. Black obviously for the black one, and clear for the silver one. You can't leave Aluminium bare as it will oxidise. Anodising is a 'controlled' oxidisation that 'seals' it, and also the process makes the aluminium much tougher, scratch resistant etc.

True enough. I should've been more specific. No rubberized finish or anything like that. I did find THIS which means the non-black aluminum could be raw, right? Pretty sure Apple said the "white" iPhone 5 was unfinished aluminum (don't quote me on that, I didn't read all the launch articles).

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Alex and Phil, I have one simple question concerning the HTC One. Not counting the screen size or even the hardware, if you had to choose between the HTC One and the Note 2(take away the S-Pen), which would you take? Strictly a software decision is what I'm looking for, I just want to know how it compares software wise, minus the S-Pen feature on the Note 2.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't care about the IR blaster, and will never use it. It seems like a fluff feature to me. Cool idea, but I doubt there will be many apps that use it. Why not focus on ergonomics? I feel like I'm gonna get carpal tunnel every time I use my friend's Evo LTE... and my hands aren't small by any means.

I remember reading or hearing about how the IR blaster is a much bigger deal over seas in Asia. If I get a chance I will try and find the source and edit this. Anyways, the reach to the power button isn't as bad as you may think. I have a DNA which I believe is a little taller than the One, and although awkward at first it quickly becomes natural.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Alex and Phil, I have one simple question concerning the HTC One. Not counting the screen size or even the hardware, if you had to choose between the HTC One and the Note 2(take away the S-Pen), which would you take? Strictly a software decision is what I'm looking for, I just want to know how it compares software wise, minus the S-Pen feature on the Note 2.

Software-wise, I'll take Sense any day of the week over TouchWiz. But that's a personal decision.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

I've also said exactly this same thing.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Requesting inside information: Any news of a Verizon variant of this phone? Rezound is good but upgrade time is coming in a month.. :p

mranbel

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i only need to know two things about this phone to want to upgrade...is the battery at least as good as my EVO 4G LTE? and is the LTE antenna better then my EVO 4G LTE. I have LTE all over my small city and can barely use it due to the antenna never connecting. GF's iphone 5 does it no problem.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Alex/Phil, what about the MHL Media Link connectivity? I use the wireless adapter quite alot to stream stuff from my phone to my TV and that'd be awesome if the One had it..?

Also, I have the One X+ which doesn't use a partition for apps/media, can you confirm the One has no partition either?

Thanks!

Last edited:

dgwphotography

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I apologize in advance if I missed the answer to this..

With my HTC One S, the multi-task button can double as a menu button, so we don't lose screen real estate with the black bar for the 3-dotted on screen menu button. Sine the One loses a button, can we set up one of the existing buttons to double as a menu button?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463