Not interested

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing here... Still a max of 64GB available, still no MicroSD, no inductive charging, marginally better camera, slightly larger battery, larger screen...

I don't see anything here to make me want to switch from a One X+, or a Samsung GSIII, or an iPhone for that matter....

There is no innovation happening, maybe on the camera front but only slightly. Samsung is the only one doing anything close to innovating and even that is marginal. Mfg's still haven't learned that to beat Apple you have to innovate and give people things that don't exist on any other device today and this is why Apple can still dominate the market with only minor tweaks to their devices every year because no one is competing...

<END OF RANT>

MG

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
There is nothing here... Still a max of 64GB available, still no MicroSD, no inductive charging, marginally better camera, slightly larger battery, larger screen...

I don't see anything here to make me want to switch from a One X+, or a Samsung GSIII, or an iPhone for that matter....

There is no innovation happening, maybe on the camera front but only slightly. Samsung is the only one doing anything close to innovating and even that is marginal. Mfg's still haven't learned that to beat Apple you have to innovate and give people things that don't exist on any other device today and this is why Apple can still dominate the market with only minor tweaks to their devices every year because no one is competing...

<END OF RANT>

MG

lol. Be sure to let us know how you feel after actually using it, m'kay? :)

It's definitely a big step up.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
There is nothing here... Still a max of 64GB available, still no MicroSD, no inductive charging, marginally better camera, slightly larger battery, larger

To quote (somewhat) one of my favorite movies of all time: "If you [need more than 64GB storage], then I am Mickey Mouse!"

In all seriousness, though, how do you define innovation? We've reached a pinnacle where things can only improve on the margin. We can cram more pixels into the display, we can make it flexible, we can up the camera quality, we can increase the storage, we can add another four cores... In the end, how do you even define innovation? A smartphone, in essence, is a smartphone, and can only be made better through "marginal" innovations. Perhaps you want Google Glass? That defines a whole new product line. But it's no longer a "smartphone" per se. I think HTC did a wonderful job to create an incredible phone. What else could they have done? Turn the phone into an autobot that could blow rush hour traffic away? Other then that, I think it's plenty "innovative" relative to the current smartphone market.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
in?no?va?tion Pronunciation: \i-n-vā-shn\Function: noun Date: 15th century 1 : the introduction of something new 2 : a new idea

The HTC has an infrared power button which will double as a TV remote.

You think that's not innovating? Ok, fine, then show me what other smartphone has an infrared power button, hmmm?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
in?no?va?tion Pronunciation: \i-n-vā-shn\Function: noun Date: 15th century 1 : the introduction of something new 2 : a new idea

You think that's not innovating? Ok, fine, then show me what other smartphone has an infrared power button, hmmm?

that's what i thought when I bought my Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 tablet with infrared out. Cool feature... but I only used it once during the last several months.

when you got your eyes on the TV and your hands on your lady sitting next to you, the last thing you want to do is to use a smartphone/tablet to control the TV.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
that's what i thought when I bought my Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 tablet with infrared out. Cool feature... but I only used it once during the last several months.

when you got your eyes on the TV and your hands on your lady sitting next to you, the last thing you want to do is to use a smartphone/tablet to control the TV.

Not sure how that relates to the conversation, but ok.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Why not you embarrassed?

My tablet is a much better remote for sky than the actual remote itself

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

MG

64GB isn't enough?

I'm sorry, but just what in the world are you storing on your phone where 64GB isn't enough?

Mike Lentsch

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
To quote (somewhat) one of my favorite movies of all time: "If you [need more than 64GB storage], then I am Mickey Mouse!"

In all seriousness, though, how do you define innovation? We've reached a pinnacle where things can only improve on the margin. We can cram more pixels into the display, we can make it flexible, we can up the camera quality, we can increase the storage, we can add another four cores... In the end, how do you even define innovation? A smartphone, in essence, is a smartphone, and can only be made better through "marginal" innovations. Perhaps you want Google Glass? That defines a whole new product line. But it's no longer a "smartphone" per se. I think HTC did a wonderful job to create an incredible phone. What else could they have done? Turn the phone into an autobot that could blow rush hour traffic away? Other then that, I think it's plenty "innovative" relative to the current smartphone market.

"How dare he?" That's what's cool about innovation - you can't always predict what's next.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
What exactly was innovative about the s3? 2gig of ram? Some little software things? That's it. No new display. No new anything really. Just a good mix of what we already had.

I guess apple ppl(and arguably Samsung ppl these days) gauge innovation by number of units sold...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I gave Samsung a try for my first Android phone, but now that the ante has been upped in storage space here. I'm thinking my next just might be HTC. The 64gb black version will be hard to beat!

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

It's not innovative. Sony has smartphones with IR blasters in them, and I think their tablets had them as well. They can do the same thing, too (double up as remotes).

Nothing innovative in that.