Where is the antennae

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know where the antennae is last year's one seemed to have reception problems because it was on the back sole. Did HTC fix that and move the antennae to a different spot?

integralus

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
We won't know for sure until someone cracks one open for us, but it is most likely one of the "plates" of aluminum on the back.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, since HTC said that the poly carbonate band around the edge was to insulate the antenna (I.e. avoid iPhone 4 like issues), OK going to make a wild guess and say around the edge of the phone, covered in polycarbonate.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Main cell antenna is along the bottom chin. Second Rx diversity or MIMO is at the top left corner of the phone. Then Wifi and Blutooth is Top right edge.

Hope this helps.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually, HTC made it clear the antennae are in the ring around the device. They are integrated into the unibody, and then that section of the unibody is covered with injection molded plastic to insulate it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
HTC reps say it's proprietary and are unwilling to divulge any info. Possible guesses include the white lines on the back hding the antenna, the two back plates on top and bottom being large antennas themselves and alternating like how the iPhone does, or the white band around the phones sides hiding the antenna. Some sites have said the HTC reps pointed out the white band around the sides was not plastic but instead metal. That would invalidate the last theory if true. But I'm suprised how tight lip everything surrounding the HTC One has been. In fact, all devices being released this year. Not a peep about the Galaxy S IV. The Xperia Z we only knew there was a 1080p screen phone coming sometime. Back a couple years ago when a new phone was rumored, there would be a flood of videos and blurry pictures and dissections and all that. Nothing these days. Blame everyone trying to copy Steve Jobs.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll just repeat myself if anyone didn't hear the answer:

Main cell antenna is along the bottom chin. Second Rx diversity or MIMO is at the top left corner of the phone. Then Wifi and Blutooth is Top right edge.

Check FCC filing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-28 at 1.32.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-28 at 1.32.53 AM.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 154

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Check FCC filing.

Yeah you still aren't right. The actual antennae are integrated into the band. The FCC document shows the general area where they reside. (An iPhone would show something similar, even though its antennae are integrated into its band as well) HTC made clear they were part of that band, and its common sense considering that radio signals struggle mightily trying to pass through a metal back.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Check FCC filing.

Funny how there are white polycarbonate bands running across the phone in those locations huh... Its almost as if, as I pointed out in the third post in this thread and HTC said during the announcement of the One, the polycarbonate bands insulate the anntennae

HTC reps say it's proprietary and are unwilling to divulge any info.... Some sites have said the HTC reps pointed out the white band around the sides was not plastic but instead metal.

HTC said during the announcement that the polycarbonate bands where to insulated the anntenna. And as far as what "some sites have said HTC reps pointed out" HTC said during the announcement that the bands were polycarbonate (plastic) and went into great detail about the injection molding process they were using in order to achieve a seamless feel. It talks about it in this article. Go back and watch the announcement video if you don't believe me.
HTC One hands-on: design and hardware

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
That's correct. The polycarbonate bands are not the antenna. The antenna is at the bottom chin as well as the top areas as I said. It's built within the unibody aluminum casing. Polycarbonate bands are essentially insulating the antenna area from the middle aluminum body of the phone.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's correct. The polycarbonate bands are not the antenna. The antenna is at the bottom chin as well as the top areas as I said. It's built within the unibody aluminum casing. Polycarbonate bands are essentially insulating the antenna area from the middle aluminum body of the phone.

The polycarbonate bands are where the antennae are located. HTC has said so. They are not built into the back as you are trying to claim.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
See the YouTube video posted..... At 50sec he starts going over the antenna.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Hmm... should I believe a tech blogger who is happy to have the phone, or FCC who actually has the official HTC phone requirements, and white paper submitted and had the phone opened up. Let's see...

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... should I believe a tech blogger who is happy to have the phone, or FCC who actually has the official HTC phone requirements, and white paper submitted and had the phone opened up. Let's see...

You'll believe HTC, who has said that the antennae are part of the band. You can also drop your unearned smugness.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The FCC doesn't highlight the exact path the antenna takes. They highlight the general area that the antenna is in. If the antenna was in the back as you are trying to claim, any time you grabbed the phone in a way that your hand bridged the gap between the bottom "chin" and the middle of the phone, you would signifigantly reduce your cell signal (i.e. the iPhone 4 "grip of death" issue). The polycarbonate bands are in a u-shaped channel carved into the aluminium, there is one solid piece of aluminum, not multiple pieces as you are suggesting. I suggest actually watching the HTC announcement where they go into all this in detail before making any more incorrect claims based on FCC drawings that are only meant to show general locations, not exact paths.

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The antenna is built into back door. I think its the grey strip going across back of phone

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173