Where is the antennae

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The FCC doesn't highlight the exact path the antenna takes. They highlight the general area that the antenna is in. If the antenna was in the back as you are trying to claim, any time you grabbed the phone in a way that your hand bridged the gap between the bottom "chin" and the middle of the phone, you would signifigantly reduce your cell signal (i.e. the iPhone 4 "grip of death" issue). The polycarbonate bands are in a u-shaped channel carved into the aluminium, there is one solid piece of aluminum, not multiple pieces as you are suggesting. I suggest actually watching the HTC announcement where they go into all this in detail before making any more incorrect claims based on FCC drawings that are only meant to show general locations, not exact paths.
The problem with iPhone 4 was that it had a single cell antenna at the bottom of the device, with small bands around the frame separating the cell, from wifi, from bt antennas.
HTC One has Antenna diversity, main antenna being at the bottom, secondary at the top left corner which is now a requirement for LTE MIMO, as well as CDMA/GSM operation. The antennas are actively tuned, and the plastic strips are insulating element between the antennas and the rest of aluminum unibody.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem with iPhone 4 was that it had a single cell antenna at the bottom of the device, with small bands around the frame separating the cell, from wifi, from bt antennas.
HTC One has Antenna diversity, main antenna being at the bottom, secondary at the top left corner which is now a requirement for LTE MIMO, as well as CDMA/GSM operation. The antennas are actively tuned, and the plastic strips are insulating element between the antennas and the rest of aluminum unibody.

Except that the stirps don't entirely seperate the unibody. They are set in a channel in the unibody, which is still connected under the plastic strip. I posted a link to back up my claims. Go watch the section of the HTC announcement where they actually talk about this and go into fairly deep detail about the antenna and the polycarbonate. After that, then come back. Unless you don't want to do any research beyond looking at a picture from an FCC filing that you obviously don't understand.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

No. Just no.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Go watch the video of the event. HTC made it absolutely unequivocally clear where the antennae are, and they're not in the back.

OH I've seen it many times. Never did they claim that the antenna is the thin plastic band itself like you're trying to portray. So go watch it again.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
No. Just no.

No what? I get that it may be hard to comprehend, not sure if I can dumb it down more for ya.
Here read this: AnandTech - Hands on and Impressions from the HTC One - Formerly M7

"Plastic is injected into the aluminum block after certain cuts are made for the back case, which then gets machined into the final form. The One uses the top and bottom aluminum strips for antennas, both of which are actively tuned to mitigate unintended attenuation from being held. There?s a plastic insulative strip in-between the two antennas and the main body. In spite of being aluminum, the One also includes NFC, whose active area surrounds the camera region."

Is there anything else you don't understand?

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Except that the stirps don't entirely seperate the unibody. They are set in a channel in the unibody, which is still connected under the plastic strip. I posted a link to back up my claims. Go watch the section of the HTC announcement where they actually talk about this and go into fairly deep detail about the antenna and the polycarbonate. After that, then come back. Unless you don't want to do any research beyond looking at a picture from an FCC filing that you obviously don't understand.
I never said that they're entirely separating the entire unibody. Go back and read. It's zero gap construction technique where they inject polycarbonate molding into the aluminum unibody. It mitigates the antenna attenuation.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No what? I get that it may be hard to comprehend, not sure if I can dumb it down more for ya.
Here read this: AnandTech - Hands on and Impressions from the HTC One - Formerly M7

"Plastic is injected into the aluminum block after certain cuts are made for the back case, which then gets machined into the final form. The One uses the top and bottom aluminum strips for antennas, both of which are actively tuned to mitigate unintended attenuation from being held. There?s a plastic insulative strip in-between the two antennas and the main body. In spite of being aluminum, the One also includes NFC, whose active area surrounds the camera region."

Is there anything else you don't understand?

HTC has said point blank that the antennae are integrated into that band. It is irrelevant what any 3rd party has to say when the manufacturer itself says otherwise.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
HTC has said point blank that the antennae are integrated into that band. It is irrelevant what any 3rd party has to say when the manufacturer itself says otherwise.
Yet, you can't even provide us with the link from the manufacturer that supports your claim.
Cool story bro!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc