HTC Droid DNA VS HTC One

KingAL

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok I get it the HTC One is a new phone has more memory, new sense, and supposedly a better camera and speakers, but the Droid DNA got a 5 inch screen, wireless charging and a future sense update coming soon. which is better ? I don't really see the One as that much of an improvement to me what you guys think ?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Right off the bat I think the front facing stereo speakers are a huge, huge deal. I've been waiting for someone to pull that trigger. Double or quadruple the memory and it's a bad mofo. But I know the DNA is great. That screen is re-donk-ulous @ 5". But throw a bigger battery in there and a (hopefully) awesome camera and it sounds like a worthy upgrade. But if you already have a DNA the upgrade is probably not an option.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, personally, I wouldn't switch carriers for a phone, because if you're not happy with your carrier, it doesn't matter how good your phone is.
That being said, out of the box, the One is a better device overall, IMHO. But that's from a hardware standpoint. I don't care for the previews of Sense 5. Too much like a windows phone. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the DNA isn't slated to get Sense 5, just a minor upgrade to its current version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
As far as the upgrade or switching carriers goes the rumor going around is the Verizon will see the phone in about 3 months, maybe a little sooner. And I think the only thing we've really seen of Sense 5 that looks really different is BlinkFeed. Other than that feature, it looks pretty much the same as what I've got on my EVO right now.That being said, I can't imagine the DNA not getting Sense 5. It has the RAM and the processor. The only thing that could screw the DNA out of a proper update would be... Verizon.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
As far as the upgrade or switching carriers goes the rumor going around is the Verizon will see the phone in about 3 months, maybe a little sooner. And I think the only thing we've really seen of Sense 5 that looks really different is BlinkFeed. Other than that feature, it looks pretty much the same as what I've got on my EVO right now.That being said, I can't imagine the DNA not getting Sense 5. It has the RAM and the processor. The only thing that could screw the DNA out of a proper update would be... Verizon.

Older chipset, different camera module, etc.

Historically speaking its won't get pure Sense 5. Some sort of hybrid between 4 & 5.

jeffsanace

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site

Sense 5 is completely different from 4+ on the EVO. They aren't even in the same ballpark. And the DNA will get sense 5, just not all of the features. Sense 5 is extremely cut down from 4+, and blinkfeed is only one feature of the new sense. That said, if I were a DNA owner, I wouldn't upgrade. Only because they're not that far apart other than internal storage. I will be upgrading to the ONE from my EVO though.

Bad Seed Customs
Just Sick!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Sense 5 is completely different from 4+ on the EVO. They aren't even in the same ballpark. And the DNA will get sense 5, just not all of the features. Sense 5 is extremely cut down from 4+, and blinkfeed is only one feature of the new sense. That said, if I were a DNA owner, I wouldn't upgrade. Only because they're not that far apart other than internal storage. I will be upgrading to the ONE from my EVO though.

Bad Seed Customs
Just Sick!
I was referring to kevin5377's problem w/ the look of Sense 5 being too much like Windows. And when you get down to the nitty-gritty they are completely different, absolutely. And the only parts of Sense 5 the DNA won't get are the parts it can't get. What I mean by that is, for example, the camera. It may get some version of Zoe, but the cameras are different. The speakers are different so drivers and options in apps that use them may also be missing. Beats integration will be different because of the speakers as well. No IR blaster on the DNA? No IR options in Sense for the DNA, and no TV remote integration for the DNA. It's no different than when the EVO 3D got it's updates. It took awhile because Sense was very specific for that phone in regards to the camera. So while everyone out there was getting updated, E3D owners waited for quite a while.