UK release date

Philip Bates

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've just received An email from clove stating that the UK release date for the HTC One have been pushed back to the 29th March, so maybe the rumours of part shortages are true

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
UK Retailer Clove "delayed in the United Kingdom until March 29th"

HTC One release date delayed until the end of March | BGR

According to phone retailer Clove, the HTC One has been ?officially? delayed in the United Kingdom until March 29th. An HTC spokesperson confirmed to BGR that the company ?will start fulfilling pre-orders by end March in certain markets and will roll out to more markets as we approach April.?

irondr0id

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: UK Retailer Clove "delayed in the United Kingdom until March 29th"

FYI my local Three store and online has them delivered on the 15th. I get mine on the 15th.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I hate to say it but I think they need to announce some dates regardless of when they are. If people are left to speculate on their own it's not going to help HTC any. I don't see the advantage in keeping it a secret any longer. They must know by now how many units they can produce in a given span of time.

I remain optimistic for the US because of the tradin program that gives a purchase date of 3/31 as the deadline. That's only available in the States I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

kinz7865

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I hate to say it but I think they need to announce some dates regardless of when they are. If people are left to speculate on their own it's not going to help HTC any. I don't see the advantage in keeping it a secret any longer. They must know by now how many units they can produce in a given span of time.

I remain optimistic for the US because of the tradin program that gives a purchase date of 3/31 as the deadline. That's only available in the States I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Remaining optimistic is the key to this, or I may lose it and buy a damn crap iphone out of anger...:mad:

kevinnugent

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Ironically, the big logo across the HTC One web page in Australia starts with "The wait is over..."

I got an email from Handtec.co.uk where I had pre-paid for a black One. They tell me it's delayed until the week starting the 25th. That, to me, is just an disengenuous way to say the 29th of March or later....

So, do I keep my money on Handtec or try and source a device elsewhere? What are my options? As I really need the UK version with 1800 LTE and GSM bands.

HushH

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Latest update from P4U:

Silver (O2/Vodafone) - The delivery date is still the 15th March 2013*

Silver (EE/Orange/T-Mobile) - The delivery date is now 20th March 2013*

Black - The delivery date is now the 2nd April 2013*

menachemt

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Latest update from P4U:

Is the black one referring to UK only or also US because I want to get a black one but I don't want to wait until April 2nd. :(

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is the black one referring to UK only or also US because I want to get a black one but I don't want to wait until April 2nd. :(

I would guess UK only as we are in a UK release date thread. Sorry mate.

Latest update from P4U:

I went into my local Vodafone and O2 shops today (as well as Carphone Warehouse and Phones For You (all in the same street)) and they all stated they do not have any phones at all and all pre-orders have been moved back to the end of March. I did get a chance to look at a non-functioning shop display model in the O2 and Vodafone stores and it is absolutely gorgeous.

kevinnugent

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to Handtec and Clove yesterday. The rumours of one colour being held longer than the other is untrue. Both are delayed until the end of March.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
But some are getting through though as there's at least one respected user on Phandroid that has received their phone already from Three UK. Up until yesterday, Three were still saying that the Silver would be available on 15 March and the Black delayed so it is only from yesterday that they have changed their tune.

Last edited: