Engadget's HTC One review

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Great phone with a great camera but come on HTC, stop making the batteries non replaceable and stop removing memory cards!

Then if they corrected those errors and actually added some new features like samsung is doing I'd actually buy this phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

The market doesn't care about those things.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Gotta agree with this. Apart from anecdotal support (most people I talk to could care less about these two features), just look at every iteration of the iPhone...

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they can top it, but they don't have to. They're in the lead by a country mile. All they have to do is make some slight improvements here and there and that thing will sell like nickel wings @ Hooters on topless night. Which is good. It will keep HTC on their game. The fact of the matter is that the One X was a superior phone to the GS3. I'm not just saying that because I'm in HTC fan, though I am a huge fan. Find the top 20 or 30 sites that actually know tech and the One X was the better reviewed phone. But the GS3 beat it silly in sales. Partly because of marketing, partly because it really is a good device, partly because they were able to release the same exact thing worldwide, which was a first for any Android OEM and partly (I feel, anyway) because there was a little bit of David to Apple's Goliath in Samsung last year. Just look at all the press the trial was getting, and it wasn't good press for Apple.

Can't wait for Thursday and then the next month or so, as we all get these in our grubby little hands. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
And don't forget that the One X looks ugly, which is a detractor if you ask me. Though, the GS3 is plastic, it still looks good. The plastic is smooth and shiny and not rubberish looking. I think that was a huge selling point for the phone. I saw a lot of girls in my classes switching from iPhones to GS3s which is a first because most girls I know loved the iPhone and are now switching to Samsung. However, the One looks far better than the One X. In fact, it looks so good that I am pondering on whether buying the S4 or the One. I will have to wait for the release of both phones to make my decision. Hey, I wasn't always a galaxy s fan until I switched from my Evo 4g to the Epic 4g touch then to the S3.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Gotta agree with this. Apart from anecdotal support (most people I talk to could care less about these two features), just look at every iteration of the iPhone...

This is true. I have an iPhone 5 as well as an SGS2 and rather than carry around a spare battery for the S2 and have to take the case off, then the back etc, I just carry a 6600mAh power pack instead for the off chance either phone needs a charge.

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
And don't forget that the One X looks ugly, which is a detractor if you ask me. Though, the GS3 is plastic, it still looks good. The plastic is smooth and shiny and not rubberish looking. I think that was a huge selling point for the phone. I saw a lot of girls in my classes switching from iPhones to GS3s which is a first because most girls I know loved the iPhone and are now switching to Samsung. However, the One looks far better than the One X. In fact, it looks so good that I am pondering on whether buying the S4 or the One. I will have to wait for the release of both phones to make my decision. Hey, I wasn't always a galaxy s fan until I switched from my Evo 4g to the Epic 4g touch then to the S3.

Personally I liked the design of the One x but that was just personal preference. Still, the One absolutely slaughters it and the Galaxy s3/4 in the looks department in my opinion.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

That was an ugly phone, but who cares about looks?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz