I'm a bit dissapointed with AC

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I missed it, but has AC published their full review of the HTC One? There's been a few articles here & there but nothing of significant substance. But as soon as the S4 gets announced there's no shortage of coverage.

Just saying.... :-(

David

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I missed it, but has AC published their full review of the HTC One? There's been a few articles here & there but nothing of significant substance. But as soon as the S4 gets announced there's no shortage of coverage.

David

Did that S4 coverage include an S4 review?

AC does things differently. They like to spend real time with the devices they review.

If you're looking for AC (and Mobile Nations) to be like blog commenters trying to be "first", you're reading the wrong network.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to agree with Ry. AC bloggers do reviews normally after they have spent at least a day or so with the device verses other reviews. These other reviews give you 5 minutes with the device in hand and expect that is enough quality time to judge a device.

Sometimes first out if the gate isn't always who wins ;)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

David

Why would they review a device that they've had for less than a week? You must have missed the post by Jerry and other AC writers blasting sites like the Verge for rushing out their reviews without actually giving themselves time to review it. AC will post their review when there's something to review.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
...But as soon as the S4 gets announced there's no shortage of coverage.
Ironically, this is what everyone else says when HTC releases a device. And then we cycle to the next flagship device (in this case the GS4) for a week or two, then back to HTC after the release, then all GS4 ALL the time when it comes out next month. Then on to the new Nexus and the next flagship after that. Such is the Android cycle.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Ironically, this is what everyone else says when HTC releases a device. And then we cycle to the next flagship device (in this case the GS4) for a week or two, then back to HTC after the release, then all GS4 ALL the time when it comes out next month. Then on to the new Nexus and the next flagship after that. Such is the Android cycle.

Android central is very pro anything nexus. Even if its inferior.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Android central is very pro anything nexus. Even if its inferior.

That's because it's how Android is meant to be. Getting software updates is important to folks that read AC.

Inferior in what way? I'm a hardware guy, but software updates eventually made me get a Nexus 4. The hardware was "good enough" for me to be ok with the trade offs.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
That's because it's how Android is meant to be. Getting software updates is important to folks that read AC.

Inferior in what way? I'm a hardware guy, but software updates eventually made me get a Nexus 4. The hardware was "good enough" for me to be ok with the trade offs.

Different strokes for different folks. The last few nexus device were lacking for me. Cm10.1 runs just as good on my note 2 than it does on the nexus 4.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
One of the things I adore about Android Central is that they don't try to be the first for everything, they want to get it right. I have made decisions on devices based on their reviews alone in the past. The reason being that when it is a flagship device, they spend a relatively long time with it before publishing the review. I think Phil has been with the HTC One for about a week now, maybe a little less. What that will ensure is that you get the correct information about usage cycles and everything else. He will be able to tell the truth about battery life, the BlinkFeed usage, how well the camera works in all kinds of scenarios, and more. I am very anxious about his review, but I am definitely willing to wait because I know it will be the best review I have read yet... and I have pretty much read them all.

What I really can't wait to see is a Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One review. I will get the HTC One for sure simply because of hardware and Beats audio (yes, it makes a huge difference), but I still want to know how they compare.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
One of the things I adore about Android Central is that they don't try to be the first for everything, they want to get it right. I have made decisions on devices based on their reviews alone in the past. The reason being that when it is a flagship device, they spend a relatively long time with it before publishing the review. I think Phil has been with the HTC One for about a week now, maybe a little less. What that will ensure is that you get the correct information about usage cycles and everything else. He will be able to tell the truth about battery life, the BlinkFeed usage, how well the camera works in all kinds of scenarios, and more. I am very anxious about his review, but I am definitely willing to wait because I know it will be the best review I have read yet... and I have pretty much read them all.

What I really can't wait to see is a Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One review. I will get the HTC One for sure simply because of hardware and Beats audio (yes, it makes a huge difference), but I still want to know how they compare.
Exactly...

As I said in this thread earlier... Being the first out of the gate isn't always the same horse that wins the race.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
What I want to see is a battle of the flagships with full page spreads, infographs the whole shabang! Xperia Z vs HTC One vs Galaxy S4 vs Nexus 4. Not just the usual spec comparison but the low down nitty gritty kind of review we expect from Phil, but this time, all the editors put in a word about which device they are using and which is their favorite.
That would make for a very interesting read

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Alright, I can admit when I'm wrong. My apologies to the guys at AC.... It's just that the overwhelming amount of S4 articles right now seems to dwarf the coverage of the One, especially since it was publicly announced a week+ ago... And that's what the frustrating part is...

Maybe the other part of the frustration is watching the world become a bunch of Samsung sheep :)

David

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken AC only had the international version of the HTC One to play around with and are yet to have a US model to review. Give them some time and they will produce some good reviews.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken AC only had the international version of the HTC One to play around with and are yet to have a US model to review. Give them some time and they will produce some good reviews.
i think phil made it very clear on the podcast that he prefers the s4.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I say: a good review should have at least played with the phone for a week or so. You cannot really review a phone with just a few days of using it or even hours.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
For me:
Phone is not out yet so I'm not worried about where is the review...
If it were available for purchase and I couldn't get a review from AC to assist me in my decision, then I might stop coming back to this site.
I will say that there has been no shortage of coverage for the ONE. I'm actually more impatient with coverage of the S4 to see how they compare. My upgrade is ready and I'm anxious to get a new phone! I've been leaning towards the One but not convinced just yet...