Verizon to release in March? That's the latest..

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon to releasr in March? That's the latest..

From slashgear.com
This week it appears that Verizon has joined the HTC One party with no less than a full release coming on just after the rest of the major carriers in the USA. The big deal here (we?ve confirmed with a person close to the situation) is that Verizon will be releasing the HTC One AS the HTC One. Unlike previous releases with HTC where the product?s name is changed to fit with a Verizon-specific brand (DROID DNA, for example), the HTC One will be released ?as is.
This news is being pushed to us by a trusted source and has been independently confirmed to AllThingsD this afternoon.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site

The one will not replace the DNA. They will be side by side.

I agree. I think they will both be sold side by side, as well. I can't see them retiring the DNA already.
But, if the release of the ONE is true, I won't have to move over to AT&T. Just wish there was an OFFICIAL announcement!

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Look on HTC's USA facebook page, someone asked this question and HTC response was, the One will NOT be released on Verizon.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site

Look on HTC's USA facebook page, someone asked this question and HTC response was, the One will NOT be released on Verizon.

I'm not doubting they replied like that, since nothing is in writing yet with Verizon, but all indicators point to it being released by them..
I've read articles where neither Verizon nor HTC will make any comment.
If you were to call HTC (which I have), they would also say no. They told me that often the internet articles and rumors are usually true, one employee told me that he can't see it NOT being released in some form on Verizon, and even if it was true there has been no official agreement so they wouldn't say yes anyway. One HTC employee told me that we know more than they are allowed to know.

I don't know.. all indicators point to a Verizon release.
I have more proof in this forum under the thread called "No Verizon?" One HTC person saying they won't release it on Verizon vs the many articles that show that it will, leads me to believe more than not that it will be released on the carrier. Sorry for the run-on sentences!!! Typing quickly...

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to smash my Rezound...I want the One not the DNA(which I'll end up with) and S4 is blah...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't doubt that Verizon will end up with a "Verizon pimped out" HTC One, I'm just stating what HTC said. Those rumors about being released in march, yeah I don't think so.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
What do you think they'll say when there has been no announcement???
March? Not gonna happen. I'm still holding onto hope for April though.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't doubt that Verizon will end up with a "Verizon pimped out" HTC One, I'm just stating what HTC said. Those rumors about being released in march, yeah I don't think so.
i feel sorry for verizon users. they murder everything they get just like sprint and the evo line.