Techno buffalo gives the HTC One a 9.5

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
About ten minutes in the reviewer gives a run down of how he uses the phone on a day-to-day basis. Blimey, it looks like a great battery. My iPhone 5 would struggle to top that.

Off charger at 7am, about two to three hours of calls per day, two email accounts pushing mail every 5 minutes. Blinkfeed running, screen set permanently at 80% brightness plus lots of Facebook, Instagram, internet, texts etc. He puts it back on the charger at midnight with about 35% of battery remaining. He considers a phone that will do that and give him about 20% of battery at midnight to be pretty decent, so this looks like a stormer of a phone.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow, lots of high praise. I am on Verizon and have a DNA that I love. However, reading things like this make me want this phone.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just watched it. I'm impressed. The battery compliments are a really big deal. I'm curious to see more reviews come in

Sent from my Note 2

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The phone looks amazing of course. I would definitely like to see this phone in my hand. Especially seeing that the hardware is being touted all the time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
After watching a few reviews I can't wait to get this phone. I have seen nothing bit positives with only a few people saying the camera isn't all that and the battery isn't the best. But as my wife just told me " when my phone is low I just charge it who cares".

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow, never watched a review from this guy before; I really like his style and approach to reviewing.

Really, really, hoping a close variant of this comes to verizon as its the only carrier that works well where I live; I'm wanting to get a dna but am willing to wait a little longer to see if vzw gets this as the dna+ or whatever they want to call it.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow, never watched a review from this guy before; I really like his style and approach to reviewing.

Really, really, hoping a close variant of this comes to verizon as its the only carrier that works well where I live; I'm wanting to get a dna but am willing to wait a little longer to see if vzw gets this as the dna+ or whatever they want to call it.

Hopefully verizon doesn't get a variant of this phone. Keyword there being variant. Hopefully htc sticks to their guns on this one

Sent from my Note 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
After watching a few reviews I can't wait to get this phone. I have seen nothing bit positives with only a few people saying the camera isn't all that and the battery isn't the best. But as my wife just told me " when my phone is low I just charge it who cares".

If that works for you then great. For people like me who travel a lot and don't regularly have access to an outlet a good battery is huge and makes a big difference when deciding between phones

Sent from my Note 2

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I understand that but im usually always around a charger. The battery life alone made me want the note 2 but I simply couldn't deal with the size

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If that works for you then great. For people like me who travel a lot and don't regularly have access to an outlet a good battery is huge and makes a big difference when deciding between phones

I also spend large amounts of my working week away from home or away from a wall socket, A power pack suffices as I can get four charges out of the one I have. It only cost me ?20 ($30) and I imagine it would take up similar space to four batteries. For me, an added bonus is that when I do get access to a phone socket it is easier to charge the power pack than it is four batteries.

We're all different though and have different priorities.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
For me, an added bonus is that when I do get access to a phone socket it is easier to charge the power pack than it is four batteries.

THIS! For me, anyway. This makes more sense than just a spare battery.

Any recommendations? I've been losing hair trying to navigate the 20,000 options out there.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I understand that but im usually always around a charger. The battery life alone made me want the note 2 but I simply couldn't deal with the size

I also spend large amounts of my working week away from home or away from a wall socket, A power pack suffices as I can get four charges out of the one I have. It only cost me ?20 ($30) and I imagine it would take up similar space to four batteries. For me, an added bonus is that when I do get access to a phone socket it is easier to charge the power pack than it is four batteries.

I'm not saying the note 2 is for everyone because it certainly isn't. But having great battery life and not even having to think about it or plan for it as a great thing. And the better the battery life is the more convenient the phone becomes. When I first saw the DROID RAZR max I was envious of the battery (I didn't have a note then) but I would never buy that phone, battery life certainly isn't everything and like you've pointed out there are other viable options out there

Sent from my Note 2

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Any recommendations? I've been losing hair trying to navigate the 20,000 options out there.

i can heartily recommend the Anker series of power packs. They are small, reasonably lightweight and have a fairly rugged feel to them. I got mine from Amazon.

This one is 10,000 mAh at $40, which seems a great price. - Amazon.com: Anker? Astro3E 10000mAh Dual 5V 3A USB Output External Battery Pack Charger for Smart Phones, Android Phones, PS Vita, GoPro; iPad mini, iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable not Provided); iPhone 4S, iPad; Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2; HTC Sensa

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully verizon doesn't get a variant of this phone. Keyword there being variant. Hopefully htc sticks to their guns on this one

Sent from my Note 2

I understand your point, but since it was specifically stated that vzw will not be getting *The* "One" I specifically said 'variant' to ward off all the people who would reply to tell me vzw isnt getting the one. But its a fair bet they will get the "one" under a different name/color/etc.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I understand your point, but since it was specifically stated that vzw will not be getting *The* "One" I specifically said 'variant' to ward off all the people who would reply to tell me vzw isnt getting the one. But its a fair bet they will get the "one" under a different name/color/etc.

According to a website I found and posted into another thread either on here or Phandroid (can't remember which), the HTC One is 'currently undergoing testing' with Verizon and the red One that has popped up here and there on the 'net is allegedly the one designed for the Verizon network. Of course, I don't know how much of that is true but I would urge you not to give up hope though.