AT&T vs. T-Mobile

verymadworld1988

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys think that the AT&T and T-mobile versions of this phone will be the same phone, other than cosmetic branding and software locking the phones to their network? I'm just wondering if I could buy a full priced unlocked T-mobile HTC One and later switch it to AT&T's network if I find that T-Mobile's coverage is not adequate for what I need.

While I do spend most of my time in a heavily populated area (metro Atlanta), I travel frequently throughout the US, and when I do I use my phone as my lifeline for maps, navigation, keeping up with email and work, ect. I would go with AT&T in a heartbeat because of their better coverage map, but that $30 a month unlimited T-mobile plan would save me a whole boat load of money...

Thoughts?

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys think that the AT&T and T-mobile versions of this phone will be the same phone, other than cosmetic branding and software locking the phones to their network? I'm just wondering if I could buy a full priced unlocked T-mobile HTC One and later switch it to AT&T's network if I find that T-Mobile's coverage is not adequate for what I need.

While I do spend most of my time in a heavily populated area (metro Atlanta), I travel frequently throughout the US, and when I do I use my phone as my lifeline for maps, navigation, keeping up with email and work, ect. I would go with AT&T in a heartbeat because of their better coverage map, but that $30 a month unlimited T-mobile plan would save me a whole boat load of money...

Thoughts?

tmobile is cheap because they do not have good cellular service. trust me as i just left them for at&t.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
tmobile is cheap because they do not have good cellular service. trust me as i just left them for at&t.

It's all about location especially with T-Mobile. But everywhere I went tmo hspa is faster than att but att has the fastest LTE network also and tmo only has it in 3 cities so far.

Sent from my Incredible 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
It's all about location especially with T-Mobile. But everywhere I went tmo hspa is faster than att but att has the fastest LTE network also and tmo only has it in 3 cities so far.

Sent from my Incredible 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

my issue was i was constantly roaming on at&t anyways so i made the switch. i immediately noticed 4 bars of service and faster hspa+ speeds. now i have the LTE and im pulling 31 down. im happy even though im paying more with at&t. the only downfall for me is the data caps.

elchepe

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
It will work between att and tmo but coverage will be spotty bc each carrier will receive a phone specific to their frequencies and there are a couple differences between att and tmo. I saw the list somewhere but i cant find it right now.

Bc1534

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
im trying te decide between t-mobile and att ... i have done speed test on both networks and t-mobile always has faster speeds... everyone says att is faster but idk how?

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
im trying te decide between t-mobile and att ... i have done speed test on both networks and t-mobile always has faster speeds... everyone says att is faster but idk how?

You must not have tested at&t LTE network...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

judeism

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
A few years ago I left T mobile for att also. For the last week the good people at a t mobile store gave me a demo s3 to use against my one x on att. I live in Philly and i've gone everywhere I thought there would be problems and t mobile has improved greatly. While not 100 % as good as att some times loading browser was as fast as LTE and calling signal was about 98% everywhere I went. Based on that and the fact that LTE for t mobile will kick in soon I am going to switch back for the no contract and get a new phone whenever I want features. Don't know where everyone else is but if you get a chance to try t mobile I recommend doing so. For me its been about 2 years and its changed a lot.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Just switched from att to tmobile and couldn't be happier, bill have the price ans unlimted data with speeds arpund 20mb on hspa+

Sent from my Nexus 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21