Battery Life

JoshieMSU

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so I have read nearly every freakin' review out right now on the One. The battery life results seem VERY inconsistent. How do you guys feel it will perform day to day, on standard moderate usage? Middle of the road screen brightness, 65% Wifi, 35% LTE, middle of the road notifications and app based updates like facebook, twitter, along with blinkfeed, etc.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
When I hear the words "better than the s3" I'm satisfied. While that's not great, its what I'm accustomed to and its my new minimum.

reddragon72

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Anything has to be better than 1 hour of screen on and 14 hours till a charge is needed. And I don't do facebook or twitter or any other apps other than Feedly.

Simply put my SGS3 lasts 18 hours with only 20min of screen on. If I play a game or watch a movie or shoot pics or vids, I'm lucky to make it 8 hours. Anything has to be better then that.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My S3 had terrible battery life. I got rid of it after three months and went back to my S2. I've heard a lot of very encouraging reports on battery life across pretty much all the reviews and consensus seems to be that the phone will last a full day without any worries in those scenarios that ape my moderate use of the phone.

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe its worth mentioning but I'm on AOKP 4.2.2 build. I'm not a heavy user by any means but I email a lot and surf the web for a couple hours a day along with all this forum activity and I generally have 10-15% percent when I go to bed around 10:30. So I'm talking 16 hours with prob 4 hrs of screen on time. Must be the ROM.

JoshieMSU

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus has never been really good with longevity, but it's gotten much much worse lately. Like's 30 minutes screen time. I think the battery itself is shot, though.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I find the battery a lot better than anything I've had (I've not had any new phone in past 2 years though) still over 50% atm came off charge 11 hours ago, on 3g most of day, downloaded apps, browsed web, watched videos, played games. Idle for a few hours.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Alright, so I have read nearly every freakin' review out right now on the One. The battery life results seem VERY inconsistent. How do you guys feel it will perform day to day, on standard moderate usage? Middle of the road screen brightness, 65% Wifi, 35% LTE, middle of the road notifications and app based updates like facebook, twitter, along with blinkfeed, etc.

I think it'll do just fine for you.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This is probably my biggest concern about the One. All of my GS3 battery issues were resolved when I purchased a spare battery and dock charger for $25.