4.2.2 update, rumour??

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
IIRC, last year's One line launched with a lower version of ICS but was updated fairly quickly to 4.0.4, no reason not to expect the same here with Jellybean 4.2. Going from Jellybean to Key Lime Pie is another question though.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
With the exception of PhotoSphere I'm pretty sure I could care less about 4.2.2. If I recall, it was really minor tweaks and I don't think anyone is getting PhotoSphere right now except the Nexus phones. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

dk0654

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Though HTC has some decent phones their reputation for updates sucks.
I read that the HTC One will get 4.2.2 but WILL NOT get 5.0 KLP

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I suggest this entire board read this:

The checkered, slow history of Android handset updates | Ars Technica

HTC's reputation for updates has been marred by carrier laziness more than their own, though they do need to get up to Samsung's pace when it comes to delivering multiple OS updates to the same phone. Also, where did you hear the One won't get Key Lime Pie?

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site

I think what you are referring to is 4.2.2 being the last update for the HTC One X, not the HTC One, and even that is just a rumor.

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why everyone is using past experience with HTC as an indicator of future performance. Wouldn't everyone agree that the One is their Hail Mary? Their entire future is riding on this baby, and they've even stated they are not releasing multiple variants as they did last year with the One X, X+, S, SV, etc. I am willing to bet that 4.2.2 comes out within 30-45 days from now. Also, there was an article the other day stating that even Google was withholding KLP so that all of their OEMs would have it in hand and ready to push out around the time of its announcement, not 3-6 months later. There is no doubt in my mind that HTC will release KLP to the One and in a timely manner. I realize they couldn't be trusted in the past to do this, but this time it's different. They have to. They've had to change their mindset and their entire strategy. The One isn't just their flagship -- it's the last boat leaving the dock.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why everyone is using past experience with HTC as an indicator of future performance. Wouldn't everyone agree that the One is their Hail Mary? Their entire future is riding on this baby, and they've even stated they are not releasing multiple variants as they did last year with the One X, X+, S, SV, etc. I am willing to bet that 4.2.2 comes out within 30-45 days from now. Also, there was an article the other day stating that even Google was withholding KLP so that all of their OEMs would have it in hand and ready to push out around the time of its announcement, not 3-6 months later. There is no doubt in my mind that HTC will release KLP to the One and in a timely manner. I realize they couldn't be trusted in the past to do this, but this time it's different. They have to. They've had to change their mindset and their entire strategy. The One isn't just their flagship -- it's the last boat leaving the dock.

Crossing my fingers that you are right!

dk0654

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm no Sammy Troll. I wouldn't own a Samsung product so what use would I have to state something I only read.
Maybe you need to read my post first... I talked about updates not the phone itself. I've owned several HTC phones and currently use an iPhone and will wait before buying the HTC One

Last edited:

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm no Sammy Troll. I wouldn't own a Samsung product so what use would I have to state something I only read.
Maybe you need to read my post first... I talked about updates not the phone itself. I've owned several HTC phones and currently use an iPhone and will wait before buying the HTC One

Well anyone that goes by educating themselves would know that HTC actually is the fastest on average to receive updates. Figure in all devices and length of time it takes to receive updates which btw are contingent on carriers also. I don't no where this myth started that HTC is slow..
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/4179...-report-htc-t-mobile-fastest.htm#.UX66xsAo7qA
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Whic...t-to-update-its-devices-Which-carrier_id37983
Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21