Video & Camera Test (HTC One v. Galaxy S4 v. iPhone 5) (VIDEO) (PICS)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
VIDEO TEST
Watch in HD for better comparison!
HTC One vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. iPhone 5 Video Comparison

CAMERA TEST
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. iPhone 5 vs. HTC One vs. Galaxy S3 Photo Samples

Outdoor Photo
Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Photo-Samples-vs-iPhone-5-vs-HTC-One-vs-Galaxy-S3.jpg

Close-Up Photo
Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Photo-Samples-vs-iPhone-5-vs-HTC-One-vs-Galaxy-S3-Macro.jpg

Picture of a Picture
Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Photo-Samples.jpg

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Not even close guy...look at the Face on the Manakin, and the end painting...much more clear and vibrant

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, but just in case you are I'd like to point out some things that you didn't catch. First, observe the metering and exposure adjustment on the S4. The response delay is much higher than both videos. I say both videos because I wasn't aware that the iPhone had OIS which can clearly be seen in both videos. Speaking of which, since you pointed out the mannequin, tell me what you notice immediately after he pans away and focuses on the sign next to the door entrance. As for the err ummm pictures, do tell why the iPhone takes clear pictures in all but the e-mail shot. It is blurred along with a completely different background color (which is not seen an any of the other shots). I wasn't aware that vibrant = accurate.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
How come the sample pics are taken at different zoom levels in each picture for each phone. That is not a very accurate way to rate or judge. I don't understand the purpose of them if the variables aren't minimized.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, but just in case you are I'd like to point out some things that you didn't catch. First, observe the metering and exposure adjustment on the S4. The response delay is much higher than both videos. I say both videos because I wasn't aware that the iPhone had OIS which can clearly be seen in both videos. Speaking of which, since you pointed out the mannequin, tell me what you notice immediately after he pans away and focuses on the sign next to the door entrance. As for the err ummm pictures, do tell why the iPhone takes clear pictures in all but the e-mail shot. It is blurred along with a completely different background color (which is not seen an any of the other shots). I wasn't aware that vibrant = accurate.

People will see what they wanna see.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Not even close guy...look at the Face on the Manakin, and the end painting...much more clear and vibrant

All the pictures are taken at different angles and distances, whoever took these shots was definately favoring the S4, its too obvious, even more obvious is that smooth4 posted this, everyone knows he's s fan boy that loves to spam the boards with his non sense! When you find some shots that are even steven, let us know, I'm sure you won't because it most likely will show the htc phone has a better camera and we know you wouldn't want that! :banghead:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Dang..! S4's pictures are very vivid ajd looks realistic. HTC One is no match for S4. Clearly S4 is packed with better camera than One. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
All the pictures are taken at different angles and distances, whoever took these shots was definately favoring the S4, its too obvious, even more obvious is that smooth4 posted this, everyone knows he's s fan boy that loves to spam the boards with his non sense! When you find some shots that are even steven, let us know, I'm sure you won't because it most likely will show the htc phone has a better camera and we know you wouldn't want that! :banghead:

LOL :D

How about this?
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: Army of two - GSMArena.com

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

WOW!! Based on these results the S4 has the best camera out of any smartphone (including the 808). Look at those low-light outdoor photos!! No doubt. Before anyone thinks I'm being cynical I'm not. Based on the results, it is impossible for a 2µm pixel size and f2.0 aperture equipped camera to take in more light than an f2.2 equipped camera with a smaller pixel size. Any other comparison that stated the One has great low-light capabilities...lied. For the record, as I've stated before, the One will not win a single comparison test against the S4.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Silly Me... I forgot one last thing. Keep in mind these pictures are from the same source and what appears to be the same time of day.

Compare the low-light pictures of the HTC One against the Xperia Z
HTC One review: To rule them all - GSMArena.com

Compare the low-light pictures of the HTC One against the S4
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: Army of two - GSMArena.com

I only have 1 simple question. Given that the pictures are from the same source, is there ANY difference between either set of pictures taken with the HTC One? hahaha!!!

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Lol Oh please tell me who exactly "everyone" is. Sounds more like you're the fanboy if you have to resort to bashing other members to try and make your point.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.