Bluetooth AVRCP Version?

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what version of AVRCP the One supports? One of the few things that drives me crazy about my Nexus 4 is that when I use it with my car stereo it won't display the artist and track info on the screen.

Thanks!

John Klimek

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, I'm switching over from the iPhone 5 to Android for the first time and this is really bad news.... HTC One (and Android 4.1.2) doesn't support AVRCP 1.3?

I'm really, really disappointed...

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, the only Android phones that support AVRCP 1.3 or higher out of the box are Samsung phones. I had a GS3 and that worked great with my bluetooth audio in my car (including track listing and album art). I would assume the GS4 would also have this added.

I also know that in Cyanogenmod they added AVRCP 1.3 support, but with Android 4.2 Google changed the bluetooth stack they are using so CM 10.1 no longer has the additional functionality.

I really don't understand why this isn't something that Google does. The iPhone has had this functionality as long as I can remember (at least as long as I've had a car with bluetooth audio).

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So, I had to resurrect this thread to tell my story of trying to call HTC to get an answer from them. This was a complete disappointment. I asked him if he could tell me if the phone supported the AVRCP bluetooth protocol version 1.3 or higher so I could see track information with my car stereo. After putting me on hold a few times, he came back and said "Well, the phone is pretty high end, so I don't see why it wouldn't support this." When I asked him if he knew or if he was just guessing, he said he wasn't just guessing, but that they have made "significant advances in technology" so he was 100 percent sure that it would work. I told him I didn't want to buy the phone without knowing this for sure and I said that surely someone in the company that makes the phone would know which Bluetooth protocols the phone supported. He then told me I should call "the manufacturer of my bluetooth device" and ask them which phones supported connecting to it. I asked him how they would know if the One, a phone that was just released in the US today, was supported when the company that makes the phone can't even tell me and he said that maybe they have a list of phones that work with their devices. I was frustrated at this point so I asked to speak with a supervisor. At first he said he didn't really have anyone he could transfer me to, but when i asked again he said he would. He then put me on hold and my call was mysteriously disconnected.

Overall this was a terrible customer service experience. I am still very interested in the phone because it seems like a great phone, but this kind of service is not going to help HTC win customers.

With all of this rambling out of the way, is there ANYONE that now has the phone that has a car (or some other device) that supports Bluetooth audio with track listing? Can someone please try this and let me know if track info is displayed? I know it is dumb, but this is a feature that I've gotten used to between my past iPhones and GS3 and I don't want to give it up if I get the One.

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
After not finding an answer about the AVRCP version that the One supports, I finally went ahead and ordered an unlocked version from htc.com. I got the phone this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find that when I paired the One with my car stereo, it showed the track listing information! Very cool!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11