Every reviewer has "One", but consumers wait?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My late night start to this thread may not be eloquent, but at the press conference to introduce The One in February HTC said they would be in our US hands by the end of March. Now it's "April". Some say May. The reviewers use it for a week or two, and when it's ready to release post their reviews. So, it was expected by now.
I based by recent phone upgrade on it being available by what they announced to exchange if needed. Now I will have to pay full price if I want it, because they didn't deliver. iFixit now has teared it down, I bet it's been "blended". It would be nice if they could narrow down delivery to a 7-10 day period by now. That's all.

Have you been paying any attention at all? HTC said very clearly that there was a slight delay so it would be in the US by the end of April. I'm not sure how you can be at all confused when HTC has already addressed it.

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
No, it isn't. The only official HTC times given were the march one at the press event, and the April one recently. That's it.

So that's two delivery times. Right? You just listed two, didn't you? Have I got the count right?
Pretty sure that falls within the claim that it's the second or third delivery time given.

But, but, he read it somewhere on the internet, so those other promised times have to be from HTC right?!?

Fail. See above.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Some just live to detract instead of add. Mods: you may delete this thread as the original intent to discuss the delays and vent frustration is gone and mentioned elsewhere.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Rather than getting it in a couple weeks??

Sent from my HTC One

The hype is dying down for me now.. HTC defo released a world class fone but flopped hard on making sure it would be out on time.. They can have no excuses on whatever even component shortages, especially wen u tryna get people to jump ship from other fones its just basic business economics

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The hype is dying down for me now.. HTC defo released a world class fone but flopped hard on making sure it would be out on time.. They can have no excuses on whatever even component shortages, especially wen u tryna get people to jump ship from other fones its just basic business economics

Try, I'm sure they wouldnt have delayed if the had a choice, but definitely dropped the ball on this one.

Sent from my HTC One

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay