Do you really need a case for the HTC ONE? Anyone with hands-on let us know.

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a white speck case with a black lines on the back....love it!!! I was never a case/speck fan, but people still always ask about the phone and also I have gotten many compliments on the case!! Easy to put on and take off and provides great grip in slacks/khakis, or laying it face up on a table!! Plus I took my screen protector, I clean the screen once a day, but its great!!!! I am never going back to a screen protector!!!!

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if these exist, but I assume they do .... I think the HTC One is way too slick to have a case on it all of the time. I want a case that is kind of like a "sleeve" or a little pouch or something for my purse. I think my iPhone bumper makes it look cheap. The One cases I've seen floating around just all look terrible on it for some reason. Totally going to try to go nude with some sort of case that doesn't snap or go ON the phone.

fz1jmp

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Went with no case for 2 weeks, but then decided to put a minimal case on it. The Poetic Atmosphere is form fitting, nice protection and decent price. Thats what I use. While I do agree the naked One is sweet, the fear of scratch is too high. I also went with a Spigen glas.t slim and its as "smooth" as naked screen.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
i would love to go naked but i work occasionally outdoors and sometimes 30-feet off the ground so i need protection. i got the otterbox commuter. it's not as fat as the defender case and it's easy to take off when i'm indoors. plus i have pulled out the guts of my electronic door card for my work locations and stuck it between the rubber and plastic of the otterbox case so i never need to carry a door card - i just flash my phone to get entry.

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't ever get on someones case (puntended) for protecting their phone at a high cost. Way I see it, significant investments invite protection. That said, even though I might balk at $50 for a bumper case, it's pretty nifty to pay for it with rewards as you have.

I used Bing Search Rewards for a couple of months and saved up Amazon $5 dollar gift cards - basically got it for free.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine will definitely have the otterbox defender punk'd case from day 1. I've had the defender on my og evo, ltevo (current) and I see no reason not to put it on the one. I've had some nasty drops and its never failed me. Still think the phone looks awesome even in the case. Another plus is the outer shell on this defender is polycarbonate unlike the rubberized outer on the other which will allow it to slide in and out of the pocket much easier.

uploadfromtaptalk1370534822366.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370534837114.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The Everpurse would be an ideal solution, unfortunately the One can't charge wirelessly.

I don't know if these exist, but I assume they do .... I think the HTC One is way too slick to have a case on it all of the time. I want a case that is kind of like a "sleeve" or a little pouch or something for my purse. I think my iPhone bumper makes it look cheap. The One cases I've seen floating around just all look terrible on it for some reason. Totally going to try to go nude with some sort of case that doesn't snap or go ON the phone.

EoN604

May 23, 2013
Visit site
If phone manufacterers thought that phones needed large ugly plastic and cheap looking bulk to be crammed around the case, they'd build it in.

I wouldn't ever get on someones case (puntended) for protecting their phone at a high cost. Way I see it, significant investments invite protection.

The "significant investment" with this phone IMO is the beauty of the device. If you aren't worried about the looks, why go for this phone? Honestly you can get perfectly functional android phones for much cheaper - they'd work just as efficiently. If you're putting a cover on it it's going to look ugly anyway so why not save the cost (and save the worry of not damaging an expensive phone).

Besides, if you drop a phone heavily, chances are it will break with or without a case. and as for scuffs/day-to-day scratches - there's no point protecting it from that. Phones have no 'resale' value down the track. That'd be like putting plastic on furniture - pointless. Although even furniture retains it's values more than technology!

The phone is there to be used, just enjoy using it imo

buzzyclonecattleman

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
If phone manufacterers thought that phones needed large ugly plastic and cheap looking bulk to be crammed around the case, they'd build it in.

The "significant investment" with this phone IMO is the beauty of the device. If you aren't worried about the looks, why go for this phone? Honestly you can get perfectly functional android phones for much cheaper - they'd work just as efficiently. If you're putting a cover on it it's going to look ugly anyway so why not save the cost (and save the worry of not damaging an expensive phone).

Besides, if you drop a phone heavily, chances are it will break with or without a case. and as for scuffs/day-to-day scratches - there's no point protecting it from that. Phones have no 'resale' value down the track. That'd be like putting plastic on furniture - pointless. Although even furniture retains it's values more than technology!

The phone is there to be used, just enjoy using it imo

With the selection of new high end phones being really down to 4 or 5, people naturally want to show some individuality along with offering a bit of protection. If the phones were not meant to break maybe this case industry would go out of business. Some people just don't all want to look alike especially since every phone is becoming more like iPhone's in looks and iPhones are becoming more like Androids in functionality. So many cool cases for the iPhone is not only brought on because up until now they used materials that broke so easy and it was easier to design for one phone that came out every 6 months that has a good marketshare, It is because all these creative people are being forced into one phone and one look. This is coming from someone who has never used a case for more than a week before ripping it off, but with the new thinness of the phones and the accessories, I feel like I could do a little more that does not hurt the phone aesthetically to me. I lean towards more metal...
9016938487_1cb8a4c323.jpg

9018129606_859b590243.jpg

9016941437_a2dd3d3525.jpg

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Have been running without case since just after launch. Gorilla glass is some tough stuff. I carry it in pocket, am none-too-careful about keeping keys in same pocket. Neither aluminum nor glass show any signs of wear. Dropping it onto concrete would be another issue of course. I bought mine for full retail out of contract...and only spent that $$ to get a gorgeous phone. Can't understand covering that up with an ugly case.
I used to be major fanatic about invisible shield type products, but gorilla glass has removed the need for that protection.

duytuanbme

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I just love the appearance of One so much that I decided to only put a screen protector on it and everything else just went naked. Until 1 unfortunate day when I put back the phone into my left pocket and suddenly hit it with my handwatch. Well aluminum can't fight with sapphire right guys? And then there appears 1 tiny scratch on the back of my phone. But since on aluminum background, the scratch is very noticable. I swear that single tiny scratch itches the hell out of me. So I completely change my mind after 2 years of using naked phone. No matter how careful you are, there are chances that you will damage or drop your beloved phone, once or twice or more it depends.And not mentioning the aluminum surface will be wear off eventually by the environment which leads to the hidious look.
So today I'm going to buy a case, first to cover that irritating scratch, then to protect my One. I hate case but I can't stand my money being damaged and I love my phone

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello, my name is Rafael and it's been 4 days since I used a case. LOL

Seriously, I think I'm done with it on the One (S4, no I love my S View Cover). The Build & Design it too amazing to use one.

Also, it's the fact that I will sell it in 3-4 months (for hTc One Max/T6) and I know it's a risk but I want to enjoy her.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
If you aren't worried about the looks, why go for this phone?

The lightning fast, smooth response?
Amazing camera quality?
Great sound quality from the speakers and on calls?
The "Harmony" style remote?

Can't get any of that on a budget "ugly" phone.

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
My HTC one without a case was an accident waiting to happen and I have to say I love HTC but I have managed to break my HTC one x screen and my HTC one x+ screen so I was a little apprehensive on spending another $200 on a HTC phone now I do need to say the HTC looms awesome and cool without a case, however it's not 'metal' it's aluminum and there was mire dings and scratches on the one then the one x and one x+ combined (minus the screens obviously) I am clumsy and have HORRIBLE luck with phones so maybe it's just me but I recommend using a case with the one!!

Gershom Ong

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Having to put a case on this phone is definitely hard. The first week I had my phone I dropped it, although most of the phone was ok the edges of the phone scratched really easily, now when I look at my phone there's a part of me that dies inside even though the scratches aren't too bad. When I'm at home I usually take off my case, however when going out I keep it on. I wish I put on a case when I first took it out then I wouldn't have such annoying scratches on the edges :(

BTW I got some scratches on the top part of my phone while having keys and phone in pocket (without case) so lookout for that.

glndea

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
With the selection of new high end phones being really down to 4 or 5, people naturally want to show some individuality along with offering a bit of protection. If the phones were not meant to break maybe this case industry would go out of business. Some people just don't all want to look alike especially since every phone is becoming more like iPhone's in looks and iPhones are becoming more like Androids in functionality. So many cool cases for the iPhone is not only brought on because up until now they used materials that broke so easy and it was easier to design for one phone that came out every 6 months that has a good marketshare, It is because all these creative people are being forced into one phone and one look. This is coming from someone who has never used a case for more than a week before ripping it off, but with the new thinness of the phones and the accessories, I feel like I could do a little more that does not hurt the phone aesthetically to me. I lean towards more metal...
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2884/9016938487_1cb8a4c323.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8559/9018129606_859b590243.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8116/9016941437_a2dd3d3525.jpg

These cases look awesome and I'm sure even better with a black ONE. I really want one of these but i have to do some convincing to spend $50 on a case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital