doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Here's the picture they have.

htc-one-64gb-650x360.jpeg

Bryce N

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
If this is true, it's an incredibly dumb move by HTC. I'm on Sprint. I currently have an Epic Touch. I was strongly considering the One, but only if I could get it in the 64 gig version. Now I'll definitely go with the Galaxy S4. I don't understand why they would want to lose potential customers like me by doing things like this.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why HTC would be doing this. The only thing I can guess is that they're having a really though time manufacturing this phone, so they're going to make one version exclusive? It's already been delayed once because of the difficulty of manufacturing the camera. Unfortunately, I don't think people are going to be jumping ship to AT&T just to buy the 64GB version.

But 32GB should be more than enough for the average people that want the phone though, you could even say 16GB would've been enough. But I think HTC may have lost all power users up for contract outside of AT&T. Now they're looking at either paying 600+ for the 64GB unlocked or paying $199-249 for the S4 and a micro SD. One good thing HTC potentially had going for them was that their 64GB version would've only been $50 more than 16GB version of the S4 (if that $249 is for the 16GB), now they don't even have that except for on one carrier and there isn't rock solid confirmation that the phone is coming to Verizon at all.

Last edited:

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Problem is, the dev version does not have T-Mobile odd frequency... Also sprint users are screwed. HTC just doesn't learn. They keep bending over to At&t.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Repeat after me: The vast majority of "normal users" -- which does not include you and me -- will not come close to using 32GB, let alone 64GB.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, for the purposes of these forums, and specifically this thread, "most normal users" can suck it. I'm on Sprint and will not purchase the 32GB version. For my wife or my kids? Sure, 32GB is fine. Not for me. I think this slightly flies in the face of one-device-on-all-carriers.

And to give it to AT&T exclusively? Come on HTC! If you're going to make this mistake at least do it with Sprint. They've been your best buddy and partner forever. AT&T doesn't care about you. They don't have any loyalty to you. Come on over here, baby. Sprint'll take care of you. They'll make it all better. They helped make you, with the OG EVO. Remember that? That iconic device that you haven't been able to replicate since? Yeah, you remember.......

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, for the purposes of these forums, and specifically this thread, "most normal users" can suck it. I'm on Sprint and will not purchase the 32GB version. For my wife or my kids? Sure, 32GB is fine. Not for me. I think this slightly flies in the face of one-device-on-all-carriers.

And to give it to AT&T exclusively? Come on HTC! If you're going to make this mistake at least do it with Sprint. They've been your best buddy and partner forever. AT&T doesn't care about you. They don't have any loyalty to you. Come on over here, baby. Sprint'll take care of you. They'll make it all better. They helped make you, with the OG EVO. Remember that? That iconic device that you haven't been able to replicate since? Yeah, you remember.......

On Sprint too. And 32Gb isn't enough for me either. If Sprint doesn't get the 64Gb version then hello s4. As much as i hate that physical home button, at least Samsung will be making the 64Gb version on all carriers.

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Repeat after me: The vast majority of "normal users" -- which does not include you and me -- will not come close to using 32GB, let alone 64GB.

Sorry Phil, but when granny finishes taking her 12th zoe at 2 to 3 gigs each, how much room does she have left to install any other apps again? Oh, that's right, almost none.

Any why are you again making excuses for the HTC One, when you should be explaining how alienating even a small or tiny market share is somehow going to increase sales and increase you potential user base?

Really, I knew that we all might just have to wait an extra month or to for the 64gig phone, but not to have it at all? Silly

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry Phil, but when granny finishes taking her 12th zoe at 2 to 3 gigs each, how much room does she have left to install any other apps again? Oh, that's right, almost none.

Any why are you again making excuses for the HTC One, when you should be explaining how alienating even a small or tiny market share is somehow going to increase sales and increase you potential user base?

Really, I knew that we all might just have to wait an extra month or to for the 64gig phone, but not to have it at all? Silly

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

2-3 gigs? My 4 Zoes and all my pics (in not gonna count them there's a good few albums from old phones too) taking 377mb so far....

Sent from my HTC One

mcross72

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was thinking about getting the HTC One but not if the 64gb version isn't available for me on Sprint. I can't stand the thought of non removable battery but I can learn to deal with it. But only 32gb on board memory with no micro sd slot. I don't think so. Looks like its GS4 or stick with my GS3 till the next super must have phone.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well add me to the list if people who won't get this phone. I'm on Sprint and if no 64 gig version than they can keep it. 32 is not enough for me and even if it were it's simply unacceptable to hold the 64 from us. Just my opinion

I was dead set on this phone but now I'll pass, to bad

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
HONESTLY i dont think the 64 GB is going to be ATT exclusive. sure, they may have it a few weeks before other carriers and thats why they are marketing it because ATT wants more customers, quite obviously. HTC wouldnt be that stupid to be releasing carrier exclusives in the US especially to ATT. ATT could just be trying to advertise to get people to switch, when in reality the phone could come in 64 GB on all carriers at launch or maybe a week or so later. I think ATT just wanted to be the first one to confirm the 64 Gb verson to try to make people believe they will be the only one that has it. I do see in the video where it says EXCLUSIVE TO ATT but we wouldnt know unless we get an official word from HTC

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
... If Sprint doesn't get the 64Gb version then hello s4.
Ok, now that's just crazy talk. Like when my teenagers say "I HATE YOU!" when I make them pick up dog poo or do anything of substance to earn the money they want. They don't really hate me , probably. They're just mad.

On a side note, I had to re-activate my 3D this morning (got my ƎVO wet the other day. And by wet, I mean completely soaked.) and I gotta' say that it's still a really good device. The RAM sucks, but it's still a rock-solid phone. And I'm in Hawaii for a week, so I can actually use the 4G. No LTE, but there is WiMax here and I'm getting around 10Mbps consistently.

Last edited:

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, now that's just crazy talk. Like when my teenagers say "I HATE YOU!" when I make them pick up dog poo or do anything of substance to earn the money they want. They don't really hate me , probably. They're just mad.

On a side note, I had to re-activate my 3D this morning (got my ƎVO wet the other day. And by wet, I mean completely soaked.) and I gotta' say that it's still a really good device. The RAM sucks, but it's still a rock-solid phone. And I'm in Hawaii for a week, so I can actually use the 4G. No LTE, but there is WiMax here and I'm getting around 10Mbps consistently.

Ive been using the Evo 3d for about a year now and i can definitely say that it is a GREAT phone! Sure its outddated but the specs on it can still do anything i want it to do. Even with that, its time for an upgrade

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital