RadioShack HTC One Deal

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this! We've picked up a few of our Sprint phones at Radio Shack and have always been pleased with the experience. My wife is on a SERO plan & even then we haven't had any issues. Although I pretty much exclusively use Amazon for mp3 and digital purchases, I am sure I can find a use for the $50 card. Between these discounts & the HTC trade-in offer, this is going to be the cheapest upgrade I've had in quite some time.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I actaully really like this.. if Radio shack does pre orders I will probably stick with them! I was really geared towards best buy and i will be doing best buy if radio shack doesnt do a pre order. BUT with these details coming up the launch of the phone shouldnt be too far from now!

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
When the Evo3D came out, I was able to pre-order at my local radio shack & picked up on the day of release. A smooth, easy transaction...

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
When the Evo3D came out, I was able to pre-order at my local radio shack & picked up on the day of release. A smooth, easy transaction...

So everything went smooth with the transaction and contracts? Really thinking of looking at Radio Shack for my pre order but everyone says DONT DO IT. So im not sure now

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So everything went smooth with the transaction and contracts? Really thinking of looking at Radio Shack for my pre order but everyone says DONT DO IT. So im not sure now

No problems, no complaints. I had pre-registered, got a friendly call the night before the release date to let me know they had it in store & to schedule a pickup time, and was in & out in no time on release date. The only issue I had was that I can never get the activation fee automatically waived... I think the first time it happened I just called Sprint and got it waived immediately, the second time I was unsuccessful. It was the only time I've ever had to pay an activation fee in 11 years & I would have pursued it further but life got in the way.

I saw the big warnings other people posted about Radio Shack, too, and I'm a little confused by that. Not only was I happy, but I think that my activation was about as complicated as it gets: because I wasn't out of contract, I had to use my wife's line (which is by itself on a SERO plan) to upgrade. I then had to transfer the phone over to my line which is a part of my dad's plan (who lives across the country). When it came time for my wife to upgrade, I used my sister's line (also on my dad's plan) and then transferred it back over to my wife's SERO plan.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
No problems, no complaints. I had pre-registered, got a friendly call the night before the release date to let me know they had it in store & to schedule a pickup time, and was in & out in no time on release date. The only issue I had was that I can never get the activation fee automatically waived... I think the first time it happened I just called Sprint and got it waived immediately, the second time I was unsuccessful. It was the only time I've ever had to pay an activation fee in 11 years & I would have pursued it further but life got in the way.

I saw the big warnings other people posted about Radio Shack, too, and I'm a little confused by that. Not only was I happy, but I think that my activation was about as complicated as it gets: because I wasn't out of contract, I had to use my wife's line (which is by itself on a SERO plan) to upgrade. I then had to transfer the phone over to my line which is a part of my dad's plan (who lives across the country). When it came time for my wife to upgrade, I used my sister's line (also on my dad's plan) and then transferred it back over to my wife's SERO plan.

Holy crap theres confusing for you haha i dont like the idea of the activation fee though... how much is it?

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Holy crap theres confusing for you haha i dont like the idea of the activation fee though... how much is it?

$36 (I had to look it up). Apparently, Sprint is hardly ever waiving the fees anymore... so maybe I did try and got nowhere when I did her upgrade...

Still, if EVERYONE is charging it, you're still getting a better deal at the Shack b/c they're giving $10 back and $50 Google Play card. Activation fee is bogus, though...

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
$36 (I had to look it up). Apparently, Sprint is hardly ever waiving the fees anymore... so maybe I did try and got nowhere when I did her upgrade...

Still, if EVERYONE is charging it, you're still getting a better deal at the Shack b/c they're giving $10 back and $50 Google Play card. Activation fee is bogus, though...

Well i personally never had sprint charge me an activation fee. Even when i brought in my Evo 3d that i bought off craigslist. But if you do the math your paying for a $36 activation fee and getting $10 off the phone and then you get the $50 play card so i think Radio shack would still be the best deal. Im curious as to what best buy would be doing though

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Well i personally never had sprint charge me an activation fee. Even when i brought in my Evo 3d that i bought off craigslist. But if you do the math your paying for a $36 activation fee and getting $10 off the phone and then you get the $50 play card so i think Radio shack would still be the best deal. Im curious as to what best buy would be doing though

I think Best Buy had a deal that you had to sign up by a certain time, i think it was middle or end of Feb, and then when you upgrade they give you a $50 gift card. Maybe they have other deals now though.

I spoke to Radio Shack today and asked them what the advantage was in ordering through them. They told me that their prices were usually lower than the carriers, and they have a 30 day guarantee that if the phone decreases in price in 30 days they will give you back the difference. Don't think there is a chance of THAT happening, lol. Also they give you product support through the life of the phone. He didn't mention the Play Store gift card or the $10 off the price. Maybe he thought I already knew about it. Or maybe it's not in my store?

I know there is an activation fee for an upgrade, and they told me they don't EVER waive that. I got that info previously from several Att reps. There is an activation fee, the price for the phone, (we still don't know what that is) and tax on the full retail value of the phone. The activation fee is added to your first bill, and the rest is paid upfront.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think Best Buy had a deal that you had to sign up by a certain time, i think it was middle or end of Feb, and then when you upgrade they give you a $50 gift card. Maybe they have other deals now though.

I spoke to Radio Shack today and asked them what the advantage was in ordering through them. They told me that their prices were usually lower than the carriers, and they have a 30 day guarantee that if the phone decreases in price in 30 days they will give you back the difference. Don't think there is a chance of THAT happening, lol. Also they give you product support through the life of the phone. He didn't mention the Play Store gift card or the $10 off the price. Maybe he thought I already knew about it. Or maybe it's not in my store?

I know there is an activation fee for an upgrade, and they told me they don't EVER waive that. I got that info previously from several Att reps. There is an activation fee, the price for the phone, (we still don't know what that is) and tax on the full retail value of the phone. The activation fee is added to your first bill, and the rest is paid upfront.

I can't speak for AT&T, but Verizon and Sprint both will waive it if it's the deal breaker. All it takes is the customer walking away from the deal.

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak for AT&T, but Verizon and Sprint both will waive it if it's the deal breaker. All it takes is the customer walking away from the deal.

Well, and if you buy from Radio Shack (or Best Buy, I assume) then you don't really have the opportunity to walk away... I probably got lucky with getting the refund the first time.

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Soooo RadioShack is the best place to preorder for Sprint then.

That's the conclusion I've arrived at... the only advantage to ordering directly from Sprint is that apparently they are often mailed out a few days early. As much as I want the phone NOW, I'm willing to wait two days for a $60 savings. Well, I keep telling myself that at least... ;)

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's the conclusion I've arrived at... the only advantage to ordering directly from Sprint is that apparently they are often mailed out a few days early. As much as I want the phone NOW, I'm willing to wait two days for a $60 savings. Well, I keep telling myself that at least... ;)

I hear ya....I've been debating that one in my head. The little bit of sanity I have left is screaming "SIXTY dollars in savings vs 1? day earlier with the phone....cmon this isn't a tough one" while the rest of me is going "ZOMG U CAN GET IT SOONER, WHO CARES WHAT IT WOULD COST YOU!" :p

indomie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya....I've been debating that one in my head. The little bit of sanity I have left is screaming "SIXTY dollars in savings vs 1? day earlier with the phone....cmon this isn't a tough one" while the rest of me is going "ZOMG U CAN GET IT SOONER, WHO CARES WHAT IT WOULD COST YOU!" :p

OK, hold me accountable doomstang. I'm going for delayed gratification here... LOL

cmacelis

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Has any one verified with Radio Shack? I called 3 different stores in my area and none of them know anything about Pre Ordering the ONE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85