T-mobile HTC One work with At&t's LTE network?

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
For 3/4G speeds, if the 1700 MHz band isn't there, no it will not. On the bright side many towers on T-Mobile are being retuned to 1900 MHz for existing iPhone users, you may be in łuck but don't expect widespread data coverage.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
For 3/4G speeds, if the 1700 MHz band isn't there, no it will not. On the bright side many towers on T-Mobile are being retuned to 1900 MHz for existing iPhone users, you may be in łuck but don't expect widespread data coverage.

If the 1900 band is in a person's area then the phone will have 3g/HSDPA speeds, iPhone or any other GSM/unlocked phone. 1700 will not be needed. And both T-Mobile and att are using the same bands for LTE so if a person unlocks either version they should be able to get 3g/HSDPA/LTE on either network provided that its available in their area.

Good thing for me is that the 1900 band is in my area (wife is getting 3g/hspa on her unlocked iphone 4s) so I am looking to get any unlocked HTC one or T-Mobile version... Whichever is first lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

rashp

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
New HTC one Band (frequency) supports
T-Mobile --
GSM bands 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3G UMTS
UMTS: Band I(2100)
UMTS: Band II(1900)
UMTS: Band IV(1700/2100/AAWS)
UMTS: Band V(850)
4G LTE Band: 4, 17

ATT HTC One --
GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G - UMTS Bands 850/1900/2100MHz
4G-LTE Band 4 and 17

Unlock HTC one for t-mobile should work on ATT as t-mobile version has more/all bands that ATT version but not other-way around. The delta difference mainly due to 3G/HSPA in 1700/2100MHz support that t-mobile uses. But. due to re-farming / moving 3G to 1900MHZ would remove that difference. So, as others mentioned if you live in area where t-mobile has already moved to 1900MHz 3G/WCDMA/HSPA than ATT HTC One version(or other GSM 3G phones) would work just fine. LTE support is same for both version so no issue their. Others can comment

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
If you buy T-Mobile's HTC One at full price, they'll unlock it for ya. And T-Mobile version is really "the One" to get since it has all the LTE/HSPA/GSM bands of AT&T plus the AWS HSPA+42 for T-Mobile. Can't get any better.

RedSwedishFish

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't get the logic of them offering two models when the T-mobile model is all of the AT&T model plus the AWS HSPA bands.

Why not just make one model?

Maybe easier FCC inspection? Who knows. I'm still annoyed that the dev 64 gb version doesn't include the 1700 Tmobile band, since i'm not in a refarmed area.

rashp

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Near future, I am sure that will be direction for all cell phone manufacturers. Apple Iphone 5 manufactured after 4/12/2013 are same model number for t-mobile and ATT, just one Iphone 5 for both carrier. Apple quietly enabled firmware to make it seamless..
Also when all cell manufacturers uses Qualcomm's new RF360 radio chip, Snapdragon 800; we will be able to get true world phone for all kind of bands out their with quad core processor and over 2.0ghz performance.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I read if you buy the one from HTC it works on both networks lte with out all the carrier crap on it. Sounds like the way to go. Article said they HTC was only company to get around att lock down. Not even Google was able to do it. It's similar to the way the iPhone 5 is works on carriers expect sprint. Wouldn't it be cool if HTC said screw VZW buy direct from us and have the one on VZW network. The one from HTC will also get updates faster then a carrier one. And it's only $575http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/4/2...ouldnt-sell-an-lte-phone-without-att-nonsense

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ralphconrad91

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought the T-mobile HTC One for full price and got it unlocked and I can asure everyone that it doesn't seem to get AT&T's LTE for some reason. I changed the APN from wap.cingular or something like that to pta (the LTE APN setting) and it just reverts itself back to wap.cingular and stays on HSPA+ 21

ralphconrad91

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought the T-mobile HTC One for full price and got it unlocked and I can asure everyone that it doesn't seem to get AT&T's LTE for some reason. I changed the APN from wap.cingular or something like that to pta (the LTE APN setting) and it just reverts itself back to wap.cingular and stays on HSPA+ 21

Just kidding!!! I take it back lol, I had to call AT&T and they added the IMEI of the phone on their system and now I can access LTE :] they told me they are not sure if it would work but it did! the problem is the APN Setting for HSPA and LTE are different and they don't automatically switch when LTE is not available.

bchildress

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked fine for two months with my iphone 5 nano sim in an adapter - perfect LTE on ATT and T-Mobile. Made the mistage of asking for MicroSim as adapter was starting to lose it's stickyness moving between phones. - So now , they restored my grandfathered ATT account with 4G data but their system says the T-Mobile version of HTC One isn't compatible with ATT LTE and they can't override their system to indicate it actually is. So since it's "undocumented" bands under T-Mobile specs I am out of luck unless I can borrow an ATT LTE device to place my sim in and get them to change to that IMEI and then put it back in my HTC One.

But all the wasted time has convinced me to do is to see how much I would save by giving up my grandfathered ATT data plans and going to T-Mobile for both phones - Thanks ATT!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Does it mean AT&T One will work on T-Mobile's LTE too? How about 3G? Seems like AT&T One has everything T-Mobile has.

I don't think so. At&t's One doesn't have the 1700mhz band that Tmobile uses for their LTE network.
Edit :never mind I did know this post was over 3 months old
Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42