Cases for the HTC One

JoshieMSU

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway we can get this particular thread pinned/stickied near the top? The One forum is much more active, now, since dates have been set. Would be nice to have this particular thread available to people without having to search it. Would also prevent more posts on the same topic being made.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I was having a hard time finding a case to put on this phone but i really like this one.. I will get insurance from the start but if i feel like i dont drop it much i may just cancel insurance and grab this case for reassurance just in case i DO drop it

What's the real difference between the Crystal clear or the soft clear? Which would look better?

Sent from my amazing HTC ONE Quietly brilliant!

Michael Nielsen

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I see so many hard cases for the one, but do they give anything other than scratch cover ?

Many i see hardly cover the corners properly, some are hard others soft...do that make any difference ?

Will a hard case prevent dents on the one if dropper from..lets say a kitchen table, or out a car door ?
I am really worried about this, as its an expensive phone(have it ordered) and its my first i think with glass screen. I dont want to end with a huge bumper case, but if thats the only solution i might go for one to when on trips in the woods and etc.

Preferrebly i would get a clear type like the Spigen or Imak :cool:

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had very this cases on my iPhones, dropped them regularly and never shattered the glass. Maybe it's the slight shock dampening plus the added stability that the case offers, but that seems to be all I've ever needed.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion you should try to not cover the phone up. I'm going with the clear gel which I tend to think would cushion a fall better than a hard case that only protects from scratches

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I see so many hard cases for the one, but do they give anything other than scratch cover ?

Many i see hardly cover the corners properly, some are hard others soft...do that make any difference ?

Will a hard case prevent dents on the one if dropper from..lets say a kitchen table, or out a car door ?
I am really worried about this, as its an expensive phone(have it ordered) and its my first i think with glass screen. I dont want to end with a huge bumper case, but if thats the only solution i might go for one to when on trips in the woods and etc.

Preferrebly i would get a clear type like the Spigen or Imak :cool:

I think all you get from soft cases is added grip, they're usually made out of some rubber, gels, and stuff. A hard case would protect the phone more although any case is better than the phone dropping on the ground naked. Idk about Imak but Spigen makes good cases. One thing I don't like about clear cases though is that scuffs and such appear on it over time, but that's case rather the actual phone.

JoshieMSU

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Mix of soft and hard shell seems to be the best protection, for sure, but they just add so much bulk and weight to a phone.

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
It looks like HTC is offering a free case. Does anyone know which one it is? Their email does not specify. Thanks.

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site

"The HTC One case Ultra Thin Air Series is a hard case made of polycarbonate material. The durable, lightweight, and non-toxic qualities of polycarbonate make the Ultra Thin a reliable solution for protecting the iPhone 5 from external impacts. The Ultra Thin Air case is carefully designed to precisely form-fit the phone to highlight the original design of the HTC One."

facepalm.jpg

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
What's the real difference between the Crystal clear or the soft clear? Which would look better?

Soft clear looks like it has kind of a white "smoke" shade in it so personally id prefer the crystal clear case because you can still see the sexy beast

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone planning on going naked? Never found any phone I liked that wasn't black but this phone is turning heads

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I might. I've found the case takes away the sexiness of the phone.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Cases are always the hardest item to purchase, mostly because you can't get what you want in the store which results in ordering a bunch and returning them, postage both ways, waiting for credits to hit. I am always guilty of buying more cases than I need and regretting it so I pre-ordered my Neo Hybrid case and screen protectors, what bugs me is I will have to buy a cheap case on Amazon to hold me over while the Spigen cases ship early May.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone planning on going naked? Never found any phone I liked that wasn't black but this phone is turning heads

I am... part of what I like about this phone. I'm pretty gentle on my phones.. the only wear they usually get is any scratches that might come from going into or out of a pocket.. this phone seems like it would really resist that type of wear. Plus it's too sexy to put clothes on.