What carrier HTC One?

achacon77

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
So ATT, Sprint, and T-Mobile are all getting the One. Now, assuming I live in an area that has Sprint LTE, which carrier should I buy the One on? I'm really leaning towards T-Mobile because of their new plans. But, what say you Android community?

Last edited:

sprinttouch666

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and I plan to stay with them because of the unlimited data. Its really nice to just not have to worry about going over. Moreover I've gone on short vacations/trips and used 12+ GB of data in a couple days w/o any slowdowns or hassles.

dragone7e

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
T-Mo's new plan also have unlimited data I think, and should be cheaper over the 2 year period. But it all comes down to which carrier has better coverage where you live.

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm torn between T-Mobile and AT&T in Atlanta. AT&T is actually slightly cheaper than T-Mo at 3/2.5 GB if I don't get a text plan and try to use Google Voice instead. With the 20$ text plan they cost about the same. I do like the fact that voice and text are unlim on Tmo though. And wifi calling would probably be nice since I don't even get great signal in my house now on Verizon. Not to mention the initial outlay is $100 less on TMobile. I don't care too much about peak speeds, I mostly stream music so 3-5 mbps is plenty. Decisions decisions.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
T-Mo's new plan also have unlimited data I think, and should be cheaper over the 2 year period. But it all comes down to which carrier has better coverage where you live.

It's throttled after so much usage I've read. A bit of false advertising I think, here in UK it's only ever advertised at how much you get at full speed, even though ours is 'unlimited' too if you count the gprs speeds you get afterwards....

Sent from my HTC One

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile all the way for me. I currectly have a phone on Verizon and one on Sprint.

Verizon is way too expensive and they like to rape consumers every chance they get. Sprint has unlimited data with "no slow downs" but their network is so damn slow (below 200k consistently) that I don't even want to use their network. Plus, I think I would shoot myself if they "slowed" me down further than 200k. Unlimited, but I don't even want to use it.

T-Mobile is what I am moving to. Great plans, unlimited at $70 without throttle, and they have data that I actually want to use: HSPA+. Even though it is largely not LTE, their HSPA network comes VERY close to LTE speeds. When they get their LTE network out it will be even better. SO not only are they less expensive and without contract, but also just as fast and UNLIMITED.

That's worth it to me. If they cover you where you live, work, and hang out.... I would go TMobile.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile because I'm staying on their prepaid in the immediate future. I was thinking of getting an unlocked one just in case I decide to change carriers later. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So ATT, Sprint, and T-Mobile are all getting the One. Now, Assuming I live in an area that has Sprint LTE, which carrier should I buy the One on? I'm really leaning towards T-Mobile because of their new plans. But, what say you Android community?

If Sprint has LTE in your market i would go with them! Every plan is unlimited data so theres that.. Sadly they dont have LTE coverage in my area yet. And T-mobile just rolled out LTE to only 7 markets and what do you know... its in my city! Oh the irony.. i will be sticking with sprint though

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have at&t, but I've been with them for over 10 yrs. Grandfathered in for unlimited data. I used Verizon at first years ago, but with the traveling we did, didn't always have coverage.