Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen protector or not?

Just ordered my HTC one from Sprint telesales and they asked me if I wanted them to put the screen protector on before they ship it for 9.99 . I didn't do this and I usually don't like screen protectors on my phone's..do you use one of did anyone order it on the phone?

Sent from my amazing HTC ONE Quietly brilliant!

Default Re: Screen protector or not?

I didn't order one from Sprint but I did order a Skinomi protector off of ebay. Gorilla glass can still get scratched. Had a Zagg shield on my 3D and had to get it replaced through Asurion for a bad speaker, was without a screen protector for about 2 days and ended up with micro scratches all over the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Just ordered my HTC one from Sprint telesales and they asked me if I wanted them to put the screen protector on before they ship it for 9.99 . I didn't do this and I usually don't like screen protectors on my phone's..do you use one of did anyone order it on the phone?

Sent from my amazing HTC ONE Quietly brilliant!
    I have had my EVO 3D dancing around in my pockets and accidently hitting my keys for a year and i can say my screen looks about the exact same as when i bought it.. I assume the next generation gorilla glass on the One would be even better
    Sent from Jupiter... Yes Jupiter
    scooter7 likes this.

The ZAG Screen Protectors are quite useful.
    Experience.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    uh60james likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ksavaiano View Post
    I have had my EVO 3D dancing around in my pockets and accidently hitting my keys for a year and i can say my screen looks about the exact same as when i bought it.. I assume the next generation gorilla glass on the One would be even better
    You are either lucky or I am just unlucky. The micro scratches on mine weren't visible with the screen on but made it look like crap when it was off.

Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    You are either lucky or I am just unlucky. The micro scratches on mine weren't visible with the screen on but made it look like crap when it was off.
    I have MAYBE one or two really tiny scratches..
    Sent from Jupiter... Yes Jupiter

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

I recommend buying a tempered glass screen protector.. i've seen many of my friends drop their phones face down on the ground and the screen never crack.. just the glass screen protector

I think Spigen has one up for pre-order on Amazon.. ships April 10th i think
    Current Devices: Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, iPhone 5. Soon HTC One

Screen protectors detract from the visual interface IMHO. I don't use them. Just keep your keys in another pocket and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    Screen protectors detract from the visual interface IMHO. I don't use them. Just keep your keys in another pocket and you'll be fine.
    Keys won't scratch a screen but I still always carry them in a different pocket.

And I'm the same way. Never used a screen protector, but if I did I would go with tempered glass

Sent from my Note 2
    cizzlen and adriandb like this.

I tried looking for a screen protector on the sprint website when I preordered it last night and couldn't find anything. Strange...so they will actually open the box for your phone and put the screen protector on for you? I would pass on that.

ROM
    Viper ROM

I used a screen protector on previous phones but decided against it on my Evo LTE. I keep it in a pocket by itself and it has 0 scratches on it. I definitely prefer my phones withOUT a screen protector now.

I always use invisibleSHIELD and am considering just using a full body instead if getting a case.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    That70sGAdawg likes this.

I ordered an xtreme guard screen protector. Thinking about getting one for the back. I don't do cases. Xtreme guard is pretty good for the cheap price. Better than regular ones and less than Zagg but sufficient.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...2F230947020486

(Sent from eBay Mobile for Android)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: S6 Edge, iPhone 6 plus
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

Its funny, I know everyone swears by Gorilla Glass and its supposed to be great, but there is always that chance that something scratches it and then you are stuck with big fat reminder of how for $3 you could have prevented it. Cover that screen and never wonder again
    My Tech World:
    Personal SmartPhone: ASUS ZenFone 2 64GB ROM/4GB RAM (AT&T)
    Work SmartPhone: iPhone 4S (Verizon)
    Next Phone: TBD
    Tablet: iPad Air 2 128GB (AT&T)
    Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" Retina
    Media Device: AppleTV 3rd Gen
    NAS: Western Digital My Cloud EX4 16TB & MyCloud Duo 4TB
    Wireless: Airport Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by youngaceatlanta View Post
    I recommend buying a tempered glass screen protector.. i've seen many of my friends drop their phones face down on the ground and the screen never crack.. just the glass screen protector

you can order it directly from spigen for the same price

HTC One Screen Protector GLAS.t SLIM Premium Tempered Glass | SPIGEN SGP

i read that people are having problems with the capacitive buttons working with it installed though

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Its funny, I know everyone swears by Gorilla Glass and its supposed to be great, but there is always that chance that something scratches it and then you are stuck with big fat reminder of how for $3 you could have prevented it. Cover that screen and never wonder again
    True, but the screen protector takes away from e user experience. In so e cases, more than a couple little scratches.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
    Thanked by:
    xtn

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts

Ive been carrying my S2 (actually a Sprint Epic 4G Touch) around in my pocket with keys for about eighteen months now. Still have a perfrct screen.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKaMan View Post
    you can order it directly from spigen for the same price

HTC One Screen Protector GLAS.t SLIM Premium Tempered Glass | SPIGEN SGP

i read that people are having problems with the capacitive buttons working with it installed though
    I think it is cute that they have a big 100% satisfaction gurantee plastered on the product page, but if you go to the "our policy" page it sure doesn't look like what I would expect from a 100% satisfaction gurantee.

Looks like bull actually.

Quote Originally Posted by youngaceatlanta View Post

i bought the Ultra Crystal Clear one, wish i had seen that one before i bought mine. Is it really that much better? I might just try to return it and buy the one you mentioned.

Ghost armour ftw !!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Already ordered the steinhal from Spigen

No case, no screen protector. I bought this phone for the look and feel, don't wanna compromise

I've got accident insurance for drops and metal won't scratch gorilla glass, it's harder minerals like sand etc that give minor scratches,

I just like the feel of glass, plastic won't do

Sent from my HTC One
    BiGsMiLeSKyLe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieruiz01 View Post
    i bought the Ultra Crystal Clear one, wish i had seen that one before i bought mine. Is it really that much better? I might just try to return it and buy the one you mentioned.
    If by Ultra Crystal Clear you mean Steinheil screen protectors than I think you'll like it alot. My favorite by far

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Retired Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    bosshaug12 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    If by Ultra Crystal Clear you mean Steinheil screen protectors than I think you'll like it alot. My favorite by far

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Oh yeah you are right, lol I thought it was the same brand as the spigen but it is Steinheil. Thanks.

Ghost Armor. Get it.

Sent from Wal-Mart.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast