HTC One, too large for women/girl's hands?

cyanogen123

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I've heard more than a few females say that the iphone 5 is the ideal size for them. Do you guys think the HTC one might be a little bit large for them? Will HTC lose sales to apple?

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My wife had a note and a note 2 and loved them both.. and she has tiny hands. I think girls just tend to be less knowledgeable about tech in general and tend to stick with iphones in the past but a lot of them are switching over to larger screen devices now. I've actually seen more females with galaxy notes than males.. maybe because they have a purse to put it in and men have to cram it in their pocket.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a problem with this phone? First the camera sucks, now it's too big for women. Anyway, I've seen women use 5.5" screens on the Note 2 and although I don't have the numbers in front of me, I'm sure out of the 40 million S3s that have been sold that at least one was bought by a female.

It's not just women that say that, guys that are Apple loyalists say the same thing. Go read a Mac forum and read about how anything above 4.3" is pushing it and too big to fit in their skinny jeans. And I think a more adequate question would be, will Apple lose sales to HTC? I'd say they wouldn't even notice if they did, honestly. The following is too strong and HTC isn't exactly Samsung yet.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've heard more than a few females say that the iphone 5 is the ideal size for them. Do you guys think the HTC one might be a little bit large for them? Will HTC lose sales to apple?

My missus loves hers, she uses her phones 2 handed antway

Sent from my HTC One

Shanghaichica1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 1 and I'm a girl with small hands. Everyone is different I guess but there is nothing stopping a women with small hands getting a HTC one:)

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
will Apple lose sales to HTC? I'd say they wouldn't even notice if they did, honestly. The following is too strong and HTC isn't exactly Samsung yet.
I know for a fact that they will because they lost me as an iPhone customer at least for now. I've been using iPhones since I stood in line for the very first one, but I won't be buying the next one if its just a 5s and I already preordered the One.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

It's about what you're comfortable with. Not how small your hands are, or whether you're a man or a woman.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I know for a fact that they will because they lost me as an iPhone customer at least for now. I've been using iPhones since I stood in line for the very first one, but I won't be buying the next one if its just a 5s and I already preordered the One.

For every one of you there are about two or so who are "too invested in the ecosystem" to ever think of leaving. Seems like a lot of Apple people are starting to consider other phones, yet you get articles about how iOS is gaining ground on Android in the market. It seems like you're in the minority that'll actually switch.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
For every one of you there are about two or so who are "too invested in the ecosystem" to ever think of leaving.
This was my thinking for a long time. But with my 4s no longer having functioning wifi I needed to look at all options. When I actually did the math on what I would need to spend to replace my most used apps, it was under $100.

I've come up with workarounds or replacements for Apple iCloud services.

I have a 1200 sqft home with close to 10 Macs in it and a slew of idevices; I'm invested in the Apple ecosystem. But when I stepped back and actually thought through what the switching process would be, it wasn't that big a deal.

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
For every one of you there are about two or so who are "too invested in the ecosystem" to ever think of leaving.

I have a ridiculous number of paid apps. Probably a couple hundred bucks worth. That's why I'm keeping my 4s as a back up phone and an "iPod touch". If I wasn't keeping it, I would just go get an ipod touch so I could keep all the games I've purchased. The iPhone right now is completely stagnant, boring, too small, (even the 5 is too small) and they will likely lose significant numbers of sales to the One and the S4-- IF the 5s is just a refreshed 5, which is the most likely scenario.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a ridiculous number of paid apps. Probably a couple hundred bucks worth.
That's where I was, except if I add up what I've paid for all my "paid" apps, it's probably closer to $500. Yet when I took stock of the ones that I actually use on a regular basis, it was maybe 20% of that.

I'll likely do the same thing with this 4s that I did with my Treo 650 when I got the initial iPhone. I'll set it down and completely forget about it until my wife declares that she's throwing it out if I don't find a place for it.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
This was my thinking for a long time. But with my 4s no longer having functioning wifi I needed to look at all options. When I actually did the math on what I would need to spend to replace my most used apps, it was under $100.

I've come up with workarounds or replacements for Apple iCloud services.

I have a 1200 sqft home with close to 10 Macs in it and a slew of idevices; I'm invested in the Apple ecosystem. But when I stepped back and actually thought through what the switching process would be, it wasn't that big a deal.

Why so many computers?

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

I've heard a few females say the iPhone is too small for them as well.

Not everyone uses their phone one handed. I have average size hands and can use the N4 one handed. It is all about the UI design. That is one reason why I believe Google put the search bar at the top of stock and made it unmoveable. The way stock is, whether you hold it in your right or left hand, you can use everything one handed. Notification bar, search bar and all the icons on the main home screen can be touched easily. iOS, not so much. I don't think you would have the same result with a 4.7 to 5.5 inch screen.

People will buy what they like, whether it is the iPhone, the One, GS4 or whatever phone. Size is not as big of an issue as it used to be. Bezels are getting smaller, phones thinner, and lighter, which all make them more portable and easier to slip into pants and coat pockets. Now my opinion of the Note 2, that phone is too much for me. After playing with it at AT&T, that phone is big, a lot bigger than it looks in pictures. Not something I would be happy with day in and day out, but that's why we have choices with Android. I'm happy with 4.7 to 5 inch screens.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
For every one of you there are about two or so who are "too invested in the ecosystem" to ever think of leaving. Seems like a lot of Apple people are starting to consider other phones, yet you get articles about how iOS is gaining ground on Android in the market. It seems like you're in the minority that'll actually switch.

That is correct, the ecosystem point does actually make sense though.

I personally switched to my freaking awesome N4 after I just simply got bored of iOS there is nothing wrong with it. Although now I prefer my N4 lol.

My dad once said that he is bored of the iPhone, I asked him why doesn't he get an android phone and he said what's the point?
So yeah it is the minority.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm also an iPhone 5 user who is pretty invested in the ecosystem. I like it, but that doesn't stop me from evaluating one Android phone each year to see if I can be enticed away, However, I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of chasing jailbreaks in order to get the little tweaks I want, such as quick settings toggles in the notification center. Sense 5 does have that, right?

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm also an iPhone 5 user who is pretty invested in the ecosystem. I like it, but that doesn't stop me from evaluating one Android phone each year to see if I can be enticed away, However, I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of chasing jailbreaks in order to get the little tweaks I want, such as quick settings toggles in the notification center. Sense 5 does have that, right?

Nope, but there's many great widgets to add rows or single toggles for anything on your homescreen. There is a settings shortcut at top of notification centre with the main toggles at top of settings app.

Sent from my HTC One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams