How is your HTC One battery performance

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Well I think I found the problem it seems the antivirus was the cause of the battery drainage. I deleted the antivirus app yesterday and changed phone to sleep after 1 minute rather than 2. The phone has lasted a whole day with medium use with heavy use the last 30mins. I took it off charge at 7:45 am and now at 9:55pm I still have 27% left. What a difference. It must have been the AVG antivirus

eqy2uhyv.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well I think I found the problem it seems the antivirus was the cause of the battery drainage. I deleted the antivirus app yesterday and changed phone to sleep after 1 minute rather than 2. The phone has lasted a whole day with medium use with heavy use the last 30mins. I took it off charge at 7:45 am and now at 9:55pm I still have 27% left. What a difference. It must have been the AVG antivirus

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/10/eqy2uhyv.jpg

Glad you found the problem, try avast for antivirus, full of features and doesn't kill my battery.

Sent from my HTC One

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Here's my last 15 hours, not used much tobegin with, heavyer usage towards end, antivirus running all the time...
uploadfromtaptalk1365542026996.jpg

Sent from my HTC One

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks dude I'll try that other antivirus, your battery is lasting very well.

Yea WiFis on all day too, I have 2 rss widgets, a calender widget, 2 minimum txt widgets, antivirus on, not used HTC battery saver.

Also try batteryguru from snapdragon, it's meant to learn your usage style then disable certain things at certain times, have a look easier.....

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app&token=JcCFX-YF

Can't say how well it works as it's still 'activly learning' from me...

Sent from my HTC One

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Batteries lose charge capacity over time and cycles so that's an issue.

When the S3 sad new, I would get 4 hours of screen time aka actual use.

Now I'm getting 2:30 to as much as 3 with brightness all the way down

The difference here is that the HTC ONE uses a lithium polymer battery unlike the lithium ion battery in your S3. The change in technology should lead to a much longer lifetime of the battery and slower degradation. I'm glad you love your phone. It's not a reason to **** on this one.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
After a few charges i have to say my battery is very good, Now i do have my settings tweaked as i do with all my phones, For example i turn mobile data off, Can always be turned on if i need it, same with 3g, I get a better signal with 2g and it doesnt affect the phones performance in any way, If i want to access the internet and i have no wifi, then i will turn 3g on, Anyhow iam easily getting a full day with heavy usage, and once i stop playing with the phone so much i reckon i should get 2 days!! Only issue is it takes about 4 hours to charge from 0 to 100%

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Will I still be able to use the chargers/cords from my EVO 3D? HJ
Yes, but the Evo 3D charger only outputs 1 amp I believe, it makes for a longer charge time. But if you have it plugged in overnight with that, then you should be fine. If you're looking for a shorter boost midday, something that outputs 2 amps will be preferable for your charge rate.

Also I have found my EVO LTE to have about twice the battery life of the Evo 3D, thanks to missing the seperate WiMax chip. To anyone who can't get a full day out of their SGS3 or any version of the One, you probably have some rogue process going on, like Antivirus, which is the biggest scam to come to mobile yet. If you aren't side loading untrusted apps, you are just wasting battery life and diminishing your experience. Although I wouldn't disagree with saying that antivirus on the desktop is a scam also, I haven't run any in the last 3 years, I just don't go installing software I don't trust, and I don't run an insecure browser, and don't go surfing to russian warez sites.

On mobile though, save your battery and your sanity, don't bother with AV.

dazjb

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
My first day with the one and I'm quite impressed with the battery. Charged it up to 90% by midnight last night then unplugged it. Today I listened to about 45 mins of music via the speakers, spent about 20 mins on internet in a poor signal area, 20 mins streaming YouTube video with good signal. Also took several pics and trying out all the camera settings, made about 15 mins of phone calls + sent several texts and have been messing with the phone a lot in general (as you do) as i only got the phone last night. Tried the GPS navigation out on the way home from work for about 15 mins as well and by 5:00pm I still had 47% battery left.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My first day with the one and I'm quite impressed with the battery. Charged it up to 90% by midnight last night then unplugged it. Today I listened to about 45 mins of music via the speakers, spent about 20 mins on internet in a poor signal area, 20 mins streaming YouTube video with good signal. Also took several pics and trying out all the camera settings, made about 15 mins of phone calls + sent several texts and have been messing with the phone a lot in general (as you do) as i only got the phone last night. Tried the GPS navigation out on the way home from work for about 15 mins as well and by 5:00pm I still had 47% battery left.

Post screenshots instead of describing usage. People's descriptions of their use are all over the place.

Sent from my Note 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That's far from typical. Only on wifi, no Google now, no gps, no blink feed, I'd bet screen brightness was about nothing...

Why rush out for a new shiny nice phone and then disable everything. Seems like a waste to me.

Sent from my Note 2

I agree but that's still very good for actual usage time. Apparently the person didn't need to have all of those things on for their usage. Everyone has different needs and that's really what matters most.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree but that's still very good for actual usage time. Apparently the person didn't need to have all of those things on for their usage. Everyone has different needs and that's really what matters most.

As long as people don't just read the post that says 7 hours of screen on time and think that's at all to be expected. People get misled and confused and nothing good comes out of that.

I agree though, people are free to use their phones however they see fit.

Sent from my Note 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree. At least we know its possible. Personally I don't care because ill eventually flash a kernel that will improve battery life. For those non tweakers its encouraging.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Only think I got out of that post was the mp3 checker, which for some reason doesn't recognize my phone. Other than that, most of what he said people have done. Nice to see its possible but that kinda battery life is few and far between.

On average I believe most people finish in the 2.5-4ish range of screen on time. >5 is rare and probably included a ton of tweaking and/or neutering of the phone (Unless you have a Note or RAZR)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC