How is your HTC One battery performance

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just like any other android devices you have to check your location settings and sync settings. If you have GPS and Google locations services always on then yes its going to drain fast. Especially Google location services because every time you open an app that uses location data then it also uses battery. And if you have accounts synced, how often are they syncing and what exactly is syncing. For instance, your Google account, what all is syncing. I only sync mail, contacts and calendar. All the other stuff I don't sync. Make sure Google latitude isn't running or gtalk if you aren't using it. Its really a matter of finding what's running that doesn't need to be running.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I think the battery life is pretty decent, Iam coming from an s3 and its on par with the s3 anyway in my opinion! The only downfall with the battery life iam finding is how long it takes to bloody charge :(

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Your phone isn't going into deep sleep, meaning you have a rogue app keeping it awake even when you set it down. On those battery stats, its awake the WHOLE time, even when the screen is off. Download an app like Wakelock Detector or GSAM Battery monitor and see whats going on. At worst, you may have to do a factory reset and just sort through your apps for the essentials only. Keep things basic in terms of wallpapers. Use WiFi whenever possible..etc etc.

Google Now is not THAT much of a battery drain folks. Why would the engineers at Google design an app that drains your battery significantly? These apps are optimized by Google themselves, I doubt its involved in draining the battery. Plenty of ppl get adequate life with it on, me included. Just have to dig a little deeper to find the problem/

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
on par with the S3 or better than the S3? My wife cannot stand how bad the battery is on her S3. I am hoping she will be happy with an upgrade to the One

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
on par with the S3 or better than the S3? My wife cannot stand how bad the battery is on her S3. I am hoping she will be happy with an upgrade to the One

Batteries lose charge capacity over time and cycles so that's an issue.

When the S3 sad new, I would get 4 hours of screen time aka actual use.

Now I'm getting 2:30 to as much as 3 with brightness all the way down

Good thing is all I have to do is change the battery, what do you do with the one?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

sprinttouch666

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Batteries lose charge capacity over time and cycles so that's an issue.

When the S3 sad new, I would get 4 hours of screen time aka actual use.

Now I'm getting 2:30 to as much as 3 with brightness all the way down

Good thing is all I have to do is change the battery, what do you do with the one?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

4 hours of screen on with a stock GS3? I doubt that. My sisters gets to about 60% after an hour of screen on time and its only 2 months old.

And if your battery life has seriously cut almost in half after >10 months I can see why your all over the HTC One threads complaining about non-removable batteries whenever possible. Maybe Samsung uses batteries that just don't last. The battery in Evo 3D still lasts about as long as it did 22 months ago.

if you look at this thread of people who actually have the phone you can see that the One has great battery life. Most are reporting over 4 hours of screen on time over the course of 15+ hours or 3 hours of screen on time over 24 hours. Battery Stats Thread - Page 8 - xda-developers

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
4 hours of screen on with a stock GS3? I doubt that. My sisters gets to about 60% after an hour of screen on time and its only 2 months old.

And if your battery life has seriously cut almost in half after >10 months I can see why your all over the HTC One threads complaining about non-removable batteries whenever possible. Maybe Samsung uses batteries that just don't last. The battery in Evo 3D still lasts about as long as it did 22 months ago.

if you look at this thread of people who actually have the phone you can see that the One has great battery life. Most are reporting over 4 hours of screen on time over the course of 15+ hours or 3 hours of screen on time over 24 hours. Battery Stats Thread - Page 8 - xda-developers

Actually HTC phones I've had in the past are the same.

The EVO 4G gave me 2 hours screen time, but after a year it was down to 1 hour.

Every phone I've ever had reduced in charge capacity after a year

EDIT: decided to add a screen shot

This is a Galaxy S3 from 7-20-2012 - 2 months old STOCK (didn't even root it yet!)

Attachments

• 2012-07-20 21.28.08.png
    2012-07-20 21.28.08.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Just like any other android devices you have to check your location settings and sync settings. If you have GPS and Google locations services always on then yes its going to drain fast. Especially Google location services because every time you open an app that uses location data then it also uses battery. And if you have accounts synced, how often are they syncing and what exactly is syncing. For instance, your Google account, what all is syncing. I only sync mail, contacts and calendar. All the other stuff I don't sync. Make sure Google latitude isn't running or gtalk if you aren't using it. Its really a matter of finding what's running that doesn't need to be running.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

This and pay attention to your maps app. It has a will of its own.

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Can people with Htc one's please post up a screen shot of their battery history after a days use for comparisons.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Your phone isn't going into deep sleep, meaning you have a rogue app keeping it awake even when you set it down. On those battery stats, its awake the WHOLE time, even when the screen is off. Download an app like Wakelock Detector or GSAM Battery monitor and see whats going on. At worst, you may have to do a factory reset and just sort through your apps for the essentials only. Keep things basic in terms of wallpapers. Use WiFi whenever possible..etc etc.

Google Now is not THAT much of a battery drain folks. Why would the engineers at Google design an app that drains your battery significantly? These apps are optimized by Google themselves, I doubt its involved in draining the battery. Plenty of ppl get adequate life with it on, me included. Just have to dig a little deeper to find the problem/

Your right it ain't going into sleep mode. I'll have look into it.

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Right today the phone had light use as I was at work. As you can see from the screen shot, The on screen Time was very little. just really used on my breaks at breakfast and lunch. The battery lasted from 7:45 am to 6:30pm. The phone only went into sleep mode when I put it on charge. I'm now thinking this could be the antivirus that's draining the battery? Anyone else had battery issues with antivirus?

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
ze6yja8y.jpg

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Right today the phone had light use as I was at work. As you can see from the screen shot, The on screen Time was very little. just really used on my breaks at breakfast and lunch. The battery lasted from 7:45 am to 6:30pm. The phone only went into sleep mode when I put it on charge. I'm now thinking this could be the antivirus that's draining the battery? Anyone else had battery issues with antivirus?

Which anti virus?

Sent from my HTC One

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to check which app is using how much percentage of power by going to Settings -> Power -> Usage.

I had a problem recently with this app that wouldn't go to sleep and constantly tried to use the GPS for some reason. That single app alone was using over 50% of my battery.

If you can find the offending app and uninstall it you should be enjoying better battery life.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Two that are using the most is mail 17% htc sense 13% the rest are using very little

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Two that are using the most is mail 17% htc sense 13% the rest are using very little

Have you looked to see if there's any ram hungry processes?
In apps under settings, then swipe left for running apps. Also click top right menu and show cached processes.

Sent from my HTC One

JoshieMSU

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, something is keeping your phone constantly awake. I've just checked my HTC One S and the 'Awake' times and the 'Screen on' times are pretty much in sync with each other.

You might want to check Settings -> Display, gestures & buttons -> Sleep. Mine is set to sleep after 1 minute, but yours might be set to 'Never turn off'.

Also, it doesn't hurt to uninstall your anti-virus as a test to see if it is the culprit.

Finally, you can always go the nuclear options which is to factory reset your phone. Use it for a day or two without installing apps or changing settings to get a good idea of what the base battery performance is. Then when you start installing apps / changing settings you will be better able to judge how the changes have impacted power consumption.

This. I plan to do this with my ATT One, once it comes in. Going to go the first two or three days purely stock app set. (Stock Sense 5, that is.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon