How is your HTC One battery performance

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had my HTC one for a week now and I'm not overly impressed with the battery performance. I've used it very heavily today from full charge from 11am and now at 2:15pm in at 27%. So far I've not been able to get a full day of of it. I've also noticed it gets hot under heavy usage.

I Normally have everything running apart from bluetooth and wifi when not in the house.

Be interesting to find out how you guys are getting on with yours..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had my HTC one for a week now and I'm not overly impressed with the battery performance. I've used it very heavily today from full charge from 11am and now at 2:15pm in at 27%. So far I've not been able to get a full day of of it. I've also noticed it gets hot under heavy usage.

I Normally have everything running apart from bluetooth and wifi when not in the house.

I'm happy with mine don't usually need a charge before end of day unless hours of hd 3d gaming or if films through hdmi to tv, then it goes down, but I expect it too. Watching YouTube and browsing on WiFi I find it soldiers on for ages

Sent from my HTC One

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Would a live video wallpaper effect the battery much.?

Depends on what apps you have running and what widgets are running on your phone. I noticed some apps/widgets were constantly active and draining battery. See what's using the most battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Most of my live wallpapers have only used 2% of the battery. That's not bad. I've not motives Google now draining the battery on One X, One X+ or Tf300

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

Wait.. you used 73% of your battery in 3 hours and 15 minutes? Did you have the screen brightness maxed while you streamed HD content over the cell network the whole time? I know you said that you used it very heavily, what exactly does heavy usage for you involve?

I'm just looking at the AnandTech review and while it looks like they didn't do any sort of HD video playback battery benchmark they did do these ones:

Time in hours

Web browsing battery life wifi: 7.8
Web browsing battery life cell: 5.62
Cell Talk Time: 14.07
Wifi HotSpot Battery Life (Constant cell usage, wifi usage and audio playback on device): 6.417

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Wait.. you used 73% of your battery in 3 hours and 15 minutes? Did you have the screen brightness maxed while you streamed HD content over the cell network the whole time? I know you said that you used it very heavily, what exactly does heavy usage for you involve?

I'm just looking at the AnandTech review and while it looks like they didn't do any sort of HD video playback battery benchmark they did do these ones:

Time in hours

Web browsing battery life wifi: 7.8
Web browsing battery life cell: 5.62
Cell Talk Time: 14.07
Wifi HotSpot Battery Life (Constant cell usage, wifi usage and audio playback on device): 6.417

Agreed. We need a detailed definition of "using it very heavily."

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Basically from 11am the phone was used heavily on the following...

Facebook including some checkins in different locations

Path for the same

Blink feed 3-4 times

YouTube (sd) over 3g for approx 10 minutes

Instagram 5 minutes

Phone calls for no more than 5 minutes

Internet browsing for no more than 15 minutes

GMaps while driving for 5 minutes

7 Photos, 3 zoe's and 1 panoramic pic.

Totally dead by 3:20 pm!

I had a 1080p live wallpaper running at all times using the app "video live wallpaper"

Last night I disabled the live wallpaper and disabled a few apps that I don't use in settings and some improvement. But saying that I took the phone off charge at around 10am and now at 3:16pm and I'm left with 8% but I would say I have used the phone heavier & for gaming today, shadowgun online for 20 minutes.

dequmezy.jpg

abebame7.jpg

y6ytu5yq.jpg

Is this about right?

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I dunno, I think some of the battery tests are not realistic. Who surfs the web on a smartphone for 9 hours straight and does nothing else. I think most people, like the OP, use their smartphone for a variety of uses throughout the day and that's the true test. It varies by individual of course and I think that's why some people insist their HTC One lasts for two days and others run dry by 3pm. I like to stream radio, video, check Facebook, check email, open a few apps and often I'm plugging my iPhone 5 into a charger mid afternoon to be sure it lasts into the evening--yet that's supposed to be one of the better batteries. I expect to charge the One by mid day as well when I get it, but if its running out after two or three hours of my personal usage pattern--it's going back no matter how beautiful it is.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Path for the same

Blink feed 3-4 times

Instagram 5 minutes

I had a 1080p live wallpaper running at all times using the app "video live wallpaper"

Last night I disabled the live wallpaper and disabled a few apps that I don't use in settings and some improvement. But saying that I took the phone off charge at around 10am and now at 3:16pm and I'm left with 8% but I would say I have used the phone heavier & for gaming today, shadowgun online for 20 minutes.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/dequmezy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/abebame7.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/y6ytu5yq.jpg

Is this about right?

Maybe a fault, I dont call that heavy useage, and mine lasts much longer than that with that sort of usage. A solid 3d gaming for 4 hours 20 mins is about a battery full.

Sent from my HTC One

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Path for the same

Blink feed 3-4 times

Instagram 5 minutes

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/dequmezy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/abebame7.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/y6ytu5yq.jpg

Is this about right?

You call that heavy usage?

HA!

that's light usage, and yes it's a problem with the phone

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Live wallpapers have been proven to be terrible battery killers. That's why they aren't set by default by the manufacturers or carriers, and it's why battery tests aren't run with them active.

Also that 27% could be a misnomer if your battery controller hasn't been calibrated to where 0% actually is located for your battery. Let it run down completely, then charge it overnight and come back and complain if the battery indicator doesn't seem better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463