HTC One pre-orders being cancelled by HTC USA

tonypittman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this issue?

After successfully entering orders for the unlocked HTC One developer edition, an email is received confirming the order.

Then, twice in my case, a cancellation email is also received about an hour later.

Not sure why this is.

Tried multiple credit cards. 2 separate order attempts.

Trying to contact HTC.

Has anyone else seen this happen to their orders for unlocked developer edition devices?

(Yes, I am a US citizen ordering using a US address and a US credit card)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Only saw on the tmobile version. My unlocked and developer version are fine at the moment. Call letstalk because they are handling the orders. I called HTC and they transferred me over to someone from lets talk to handle my change.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the developer edition yesterday and thankfully haven't seen this.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Does your order state more info is required? Most had to call in and answer a few questions before the order would go through. If you didn't, then the order would get cancelled.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Does your order state more info is required? Most had to call in and answer a few questions before the order would go through. If you didn't, then the order would get cancelled.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I wonder about that. Both my orders said that and so I was going to call when I broke for lunch at work. But I checked the status again just before and it was changed. It seems that has happened to others as well as I've seen in some threads. It'll be interesting to see did any of them really need you to call in because I didn't for either.

PostScriptum

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have the same issue - tried to order HTC One Dev, but all 4 attempts failed with the same sympthoms as yourths. The status after placing the order was "Ready for fulfillment", the bank account was charged, but almost immediately (in minute or two) status changed to "Cancellation pending", later (in about an hour) to "Order cancelled" and money returned to the credit card. No any explanation or requests from HTC - just cancellation.
I didn't found a solution yet =(. If you finally find it please notify.
I'm not US citizen and the credit card isn't US, but I had no problems before ordering items to US address of a 3rd party delivery service. And you just proven that the problem isn't in nationality...

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I received an email from LetsTalk asking me to call them to provide more info, but of course the email was sent after they closed on Saturday, meaning I can't call them until they open on Monday. As of right now, my order status still shows as "Customer Contact Required," so hopefully they won't cancel it before I'm able to call them on Monday morning. Mine was for a T-Mobile version.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I received an email from LetsTalk asking me to call them to provide more info, but of course the email was sent after they closed on Saturday, meaning I can't call them until they open on Monday. As of right now, my order status still shows as "Customer Contact Required," so hopefully they won't cancel it before I'm able to call them on Monday morning. Mine was for a T-Mobile version.

Your T-Mobile version was not cancelled? That's interesting.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Your T-Mobile version was not cancelled? That's interesting.

Not yet, anyway. Maybe they just don't have anyone in the office today to cancel it ;) Will report back what happens tomorrow. For what it's worth, I chose the option to pay full price.

EDIT: It also looks like they've changed the T-Mobile version pre-order to "out of stock" on the website, so perhaps the ones that have been canceled are ones that were placed after LetsTalk reached their undisclosed pre-order quota.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not yet, anyway. Maybe they just don't have anyone in the office today to cancel it ;) Will report back what happens tomorrow. For what it's worth, I chose the option to pay full price.

EDIT: It also looks like they've changed the T-Mobile version pre-order to "out of stock" on the website, so perhaps the ones that have been canceled are ones that were placed after LetsTalk reached their undisclosed pre-order quota.

Yeah I got out of stock as well even after it was "ready for fulfillment". That appears to be normal now, unfortunately.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope this doesn't turn out like the Asus Transformer Prime (TF201) pre-order mess that I got into, where my first pre-order with Amazon was unilaterally canceled a week before release, and then I had to get in the back of the line with Best Buy.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I hope this doesn't turn out like the Asus Transformer Prime (TF201) pre-order mess that I got into, where my first pre-order with Amazon was unilaterally canceled a week before release, and then I had to get in the back of the line with Best Buy.

I just think HTC wasn't suppose to have T-Mobile ones for sale since T-Mobile hasn't even announced a launch date like sprint and att. They even only offeree T-Mobile old contract plans and not the new ones so that was odd too. And I think they probably just put them all on back order until availability for T-Mobile is actually announced. My unlocked and dev versions look to be fine so far.

skg22086

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this issue?

After successfully entering orders for the unlocked HTC One developer edition, an email is received confirming the order.

Then, twice in my case, a cancellation email is also received about an hour later.

Not sure why this is.

Tried multiple credit cards. 2 separate order attempts.

Trying to contact HTC.

Has anyone else seen this happen to their orders for unlocked developer edition devices?

(Yes, I am a US citizen ordering using a US address and a US credit card)

You have to give them a call, i got the same thing and i had to call them and verify some CC info..

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I just think HTC wasn't suppose to have T-Mobile ones for sale since T-Mobile hasn't even announced a launch date like sprint and att. They even only offeree T-Mobile old contract plans and not the new ones so that was odd too. And I think they probably just put them all on back order until availability for T-Mobile is actually announced. My unlocked and dev versions look to be fine so far.

Nope. The plans they're offering are 100% correct for tmobile. Third party dealers are offering the old classic plans still.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Nope. The plans they're offering are 100% correct for tmobile. Third party dealers are offering the old classic plans still.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I didn't say anything was wrong with the plans. Just pointing out what the site had.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
WTF, is today some super obscure holiday that I don't know about? I tried to call LetsTalk in response to their email asking me to call to verify my pre-order, and I get an automated recording saying that their offices are closed.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
WTF, is today some super obscure holiday that I don't know about? I tried to call LetsTalk in response to their email asking me to call to verify my pre-order, and I get an automated recording saying that their offices are closed.

Maybe try calling the HTC sales number and see if they can help.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try calling the HTC sales number and see if they can help.

I just did that, and apparently HTC is aware of the problem and they themselves can't even get ahold of LetsTalk, which strikes me as really shady. They said they're looking into it and told me to try again tomorrow.

dsdxp

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the sim unlocked 32GB version on friday... hasn't been canceled yet. However, it does show an estimated ship date of today with an arrival date of tomorrow (I paid for overnight shipping), but I don't think that's accurate!! Has anyone else ordered a sim-unlocked version that shows a similar shipping situation? I know the "official" ship date is supposed to be the 19th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma