Does the 'blocked' feature work?

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, Basically on my old phone i used an app called 'safetynet' which is only available from vodafone, It allows you to block contacts from texting or calling you or both! I was looking for something similar for the htc one after realising the app wasnt compatible with the device and noticed that htc have this feature pre installed it seems! If you hold down on a contact until your options pop up, you will see the option to block a contact, this supposedly blocks the number from texting or calling you!

Has anyone tested this ? I have nobody to test it on so no idea if it works

the_EDJ

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked your account settings on your carrier's website? My carrier, Sprint allows me to input any numbers to restrict them from calling me right from within my account.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk HD

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
None of the other apps in the play store work for you? I use Mr number but there are a bunch that get high ratings.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Android Central Forums

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
None of the other apps in the play store work for you? I use Mr number but there are a bunch that get high ratings.

I think I did read that HTC has a feature where if you do a long press on the offending phone number in the calls section an options menu pops up and lets you block it. Not sure though. Sorry Blaalad, i didn't read your whole post.

Last edited:

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

with Mr number u can block calks and texts, have it answer and hang up or send to voicemail

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think I read that HTC has a feature where if you do a long press on the offending phone number in the calls section an options menu pops up and lets you block it. Not sure though.

They may be the case. I just use the app because of the additional settings like sending some numbers to voicemail and block all numbers than begin with whatever you want. I'd prefer that because of those additional features. But in case the feature isn't there try this app and it'll give you the desired results.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
They may be the case. I just use the app because of the additional settings like sending some numbers to voicemail and block all numbers than begin with whatever you want. I'd prefer that because of those additional features. But in case the feature isn't there try this app and it'll give you the desired results.

Here is the quote from the user manual--

"Blocking a caller
When you block a phone number or a contact, all calls from the phone number or
contact will be declined automatically.
On the Call History tab, press and hold the contact or phone number you want to
block, and then tap Block contact.
You can always remove a caller from your blocked list. On the Call History tab, tap
Blocked contacts. Press and hold a contact, and then tap Unblock contact"

There were a bunch more things you could do, possibly some of the things you mentioned. The users manual is on the HTC website for download.

https://support.htc.com/en/005-HTC_One/user_guides

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Here is the quote from the user manual--

"Blocking a caller
When you block a phone number or a contact, all calls from the phone number or
contact will be declined automatically.
On the Call History tab, press and hold the contact or phone number you want to
block, and then tap Block contact.
You can always remove a caller from your blocked list. On the Call History tab, tap
Blocked contacts. Press and hold a contact, and then tap Unblock contact"

There were a bunch more things you could do, possibly what you mentioned. The users manual is on the HTC website for download.

https://support.htc.com/en/005-HTC_One/user_guides

That's cool. Again I like using the app because of the features and the settings stick when I change devices. Just login and all my block numbers are there. So for me the app is better. For you and others this may be better. We all have our own specific needs. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante