HTC One display models??

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually do not want to see a working unit at this point. I don't want it to ruin the anticipation. I want to be "wow'ed" as soon as I turn it on and if I play with one before hand I may lose that. Especially paying 650 for it LOL.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
went by my local best buy in Phx, AZ and they had the dummy units set up in Silver and Black. Silver looks way better imo. Also went by ATT store and they had a few live units set-up to play with. I came away amazed by how sharp and crisp the display was. Without question, the best display I've seen yet on a mobile device. The other standout for me, was how smooth it was. iPhone smooth....Apple has some catching up to do!

Curious as im also in Phx, AZ and have not seen any models yet.. where did you go city wise? I am going to stop by an ATT on the way home and i hope they have them

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My store has a demo unit but they ran out of stock. I am going to go check out the demo in a few hours and see how I like it.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the joy of playing with the HTC One today in an AT&T store. It was GLORIOUS! My wife, who just upgraded to the Note II and is one week past the return time frame, was insanely jealous and asked me no less than 50 times if she 'did the right thing' in getting her phone. Now she's pretty tech savvy and wanted the Note II and has playfully mocked my 'upgrade' to her old iPhone 4. This phone is drop dead gorgeous. It is lightweight, an extremely solid build. I feel like I could throw it through a wall and it would be sitting on the other side shining like new.

The HTC One flies through apps like a steak knife through melted butter. The screen will make me go home and hate my LG 50" 1080p tv because it's not as pretty. Having to use my iPhone 4, which was as fast as a race car this morning, now seems labored and slow. I feel like I am missing an extension of myself. I held the HTC One and the Galaxy S3 at the same time and I felt like I could truly hold onto the HTC One whereas the same pressure on the S3 felt like it could crack in half. (I know it won't, but that's build quality for you.)

A quick list of pros/cons.

Pros:
- Build quality
- Screen dpi
- Screen brightness (in store, not sure about under the sun)
- Ergonomics (how the phone feels in hand)
- Sound (the speakers are NO joke)
- Aluminum build
- Camera

Cons:
- When pushing the phone it started running a little hot in around 5 minutes. Just enough to make my palms a little sweaty to the point where I would consider a case to prevent this. :(
- Camera (surprised?) While the camera definitely takes in more light and the colors are more natural there is a definite difference when zooming in. The picture definitely is not as sharp when cropping due to fewer megapixels but it's not a deal breaker. Definitely an improvement over the iPhone 4 and 4S but not quite on par with the iPhone 5.

Overall I would give the phone a 9/10 based on the 30 minutes I spent with it. The HTC One reminded me of how I felt when handling the first iPhone so many years ago. I would describe it as groundbreaking, amazing, incredible, and wonderful. I would also give the AT&T staff a 9/10 because every one of them came up to me and were almost begging for me to allow them to 'help' me with the phone. It is certainly very popular and I hope it sells as well as possible for HTC. They deserve it for making a phone that is near perfect.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Just called a local at&T and they said they have it and are selling it. I asked how much full price and she said $599.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Curious as im also in Phx, AZ and have not seen any models yet.. where did you go city wise? I am going to stop by an ATT on the way home and i hope they have them

check out the ATT store on Camelback. They had a unit at the front of the store and 3 in the back. all silver.

AT&T Company Store
2002 E Camelback Rd
Suite 104
Phoenix AZ 85016
(602) 955-5391

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
check out the ATT store on Camelback. They had a unit at the front of the store and 3 in the back. all silver.

AT&T Company Store
2002 E Camelback Rd
Suite 104
Phoenix AZ 85016
(602) 955-5391

Funny i was just about a mile away from there for my lunch break but i dropped into the sprint store on 44th street and thomas with no luck there.. gonna be heading over there after work!

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Went to the at&t store to check it out. after playing with it for about 30 minutes I can honestly say I would throw every other phone out the window nothing compares. holding my Nexus 4 in my wifes galaxy s3 feels like crap next to it.

Why t Mobile why! Just realese the damn phone already!

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Called the local AT&T store (not a corporate), they are getting them in anytime and the lady was willing to sell me one over the phone!

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
IM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY thats it out a week EARLY ! YES!!!!!!! Canceling my UNLOCKED MODEL ASAPPPP

I dont know if you can tell... BUT IM SUPER DUPER EXTRA-ORDINARILY EXCITEDDDD

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
IM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY thats it out a week EARLY ! YES!!!!!!! Canceling my UNLOCKED MODEL ASAPPPP

Im quite sad actually... ATT gets to sell them first i would pick one up tomorrow! Too bad im on sprint and cant cancel my contract.

Anybody know if best buy has them for sale now then?

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
During my time at the AT&T store the sales rep made an interesting point after my jaw dropped from playing with the One. He said, wait until you see the S4! Now granted he mentioned he prefers Samsung phones over HTC, but he mentioned they had a chance to preview the S4 before it releases. He said he preferred the way the S4 felt in hand over the One and that he actually preferred the build quality.

Since the S4 is so close to release its probably worth waiting to buy until you've seen both. Just a thought....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
During my time at the AT&T store the sales rep made an interesting point after my jaw dropped from playing with the One. He said, wait until you see the S4! Now granted he mentioned he prefers Samsung phones over HTC, but he mentioned they had a chance to preview the S4 before it releases. He said he preferred the way the S4 felt in hand over the One and that he actually preferred the build quality.

Since the S4 is so close to release its probably worth waiting to buy until you've seen both. Just a thought....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm glad that he had a chance to wait for the phone he wanted and suited his needs best. That's what I've done also. It's been along time coming for the HTC one. For me it's going to be my next phone. If it fails me then I will rethink my future choices.
HTC brought us the first G1 device. They brought us the first nexus device.
The first 4g device.
Now HTC has given us one choice over three different carriers.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I don't think we are surprised you are exited. Especially after last months rant lol

Sent from my LG-P769 using Android Central Forums

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad that he had a chance to wait for the phone he wanted and suited his needs best. That's what I've done also. It's been along time coming for the HTC one. For me it's going to be my next phone. If it fails me then I will rethink my future choices.
HTC brought us the first G1 device. They brought us the first nexus device.
The first 4g device.
Now HTC has given us one choice over three different carriers.

Right on, you won't be disappointed. It's a real gem. For me, I'm on Verizon so my only choice may be the S4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz